Thread: Bravely Default

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Right now I'm looking at

Tiz is Pirate/Freelance for Amped Strike Mimic spam.
    Agnes is Spiritmaster/White Mage to keep people alive.
    Ringabel is Ninja / Thief because I'm OCD about stealing everything.
    Edea is Spell Fencer / Vampire because I don't know.

I've found Chapters 5, 6, and 7 extremely off-putting though. Having trouble picking the game back up now.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I've found Chapters 5, 6, and 7 extremely off-putting though. Having trouble picking the game back up now.
    Yeah, I was exactly the same. They went for the most lazy kind of padding there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Because they are fun and accessible to just grab and play. 3DS also has a pretty amazing library of games.
    Yeah I was surprised with how many good games are out on it. I picked one up for Pokemon x/y, and now I've been playing the 3DS more then anything else.

I'm still on the wall about getting this game, just because i'd have to buy a 3ds to play it. Is it worth it? how many hours of play did you guys get?

I have something like 60 hours so far, and just started Chapter 6, but I've been grinding job levels up and getting some money. I've heard of some people rushing the game a bit to get to the final chapters clocking around 20 hours. Getting all of the jobs is a lot of fun, and challenging at that.

I'm currently running Tiz as Dark Knight/Spell Fencer
    Agnés as Spiritmaster/White Mage
    Ringabel as Arcanist/Black Mage
    and Edea as Templar/Freelancer all at 75 currently until I decide to max them out.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the game but it's a little odd. Edea seems like the only real person in the group. Tiz is boring and doesn't really do much, Agnes is just plain annoying, and Ringabel I just don't get. Edea on the other hand, while naive and idealistic, at least has some personality. I know I'm supposed to feel bad for Tiz and Agnes because bad stuff happened to them but I really don't care. The only one I feel for is Edea as I travel the world killing all her friends and colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyho View Post
    I can no longer hear the word "unacceptable" without crinching.
    I hear it in the Lemongrab voice every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I'm loving the game but it's a little odd. Edea seems like the only real person in the group. Tiz is boring and doesn't really do much, Agnes is just plain annoying, and Ringabel I just don't get. Edea on the other hand, while naive and idealistic, at least has some personality. I know I'm supposed to feel bad for Tiz and Agnes because bad stuff happened to them but I really don't care. The only one I feel for is Edea as I travel the world killing all her friends and colleagues.
    I'm with you. Edea was the only good character in the party.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm like 2hr out from Toronto.. and EB has no copies within 200KM D
    Is there a benefit of actually buying physical copy? Do we get costume bonus or anything?

or should I just download it and continue to fill my mem card D:

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I'm like 2hr out from Toronto.. and EB has no copies within 200KM D
    Is there a benefit of actually buying physical copy? Do we get costume bonus or anything?

or should I just download it and continue to fill my mem card D:
    Just DL in case this ends up being another Radiant Historia fiasco.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been taking my sweet time for once. It feels nice to not be rushed...honestly, I feel like the Norende system helps me slow down as I wait for buildings to be complete or upgraded. I'm on chapter 3 currently and am very much enjoying the game.

My party right now is like so:
    Tiz - Thief
    Agnes - Warrior (2H)
    Edea - Red Mage (with Summons)
    Ringabel - Warrior (2H)

The Warrior classes are kind of fillers until I get the jobs I want. I've already leveled up the jobs I have now that had abilities I wanted...so basically just Monk for +10% attack power. I'm just barely into chapter 3 but, from the looks of the cutscenes I'll be getting ninja/pirate/performer soon. I can't wait! Anyways, this is my dream team:

Tiz - Ninja (Spellfencer sub ability). Not sure how if this will work like I hope it will but the idea is to get as many hits in as possible using the elemental damage to boost it.
    Agnes - Pirate. My goal here is just to do as much raw damage as I can. So I'll be berserking with 2H and +30% attack power. Again not sure how it will go but it sounds awesome and Agnes is a cute pirate.
    Edea - Time Mage (White Magic sub ability). Pure healer/buffer.
    Ringabel - Dark Knight...something something. I haven't worked out what I'll do with this but I love Dark Knights. Always have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I've been taking my sweet time for once. It feels nice to not be rushed...honestly, I feel like the Norende system helps me slow down as I wait for buildings to be complete or upgraded. I'm on chapter 3 currently and am very much enjoying the game.

My party right now is like so:
    Tiz - Thief
    Agnes - Warrior (2H)
    Edea - Red Mage (with Summons)
    Ringabel - Warrior (2H)

The Warrior classes are kind of fillers until I get the jobs I want. I've already leveled up the jobs I have now that had abilities I wanted...so basically just Monk for +10% attack power. I'm just barely into chapter 3 but, from the looks of the cutscenes I'll be getting ninja/pirate/performer soon. I can't wait! Anyways, this is my dream team:

Tiz - Ninja (Spellfencer sub ability). Not sure how if this will work like I hope it will but the idea is to get as many hits in as possible using the elemental damage to boost it.
    Agnes - Pirate. My goal here is just to do as much raw damage as I can. So I'll be berserking with 2H and +30% attack power. Again not sure how it will go but it sounds awesome and Agnes is a cute pirate.
    Ringabel - Dark Knight...something something. I haven't worked out what I'll do with this but I love Dark Knights. Always have.
    I'd swap Agnes and Edea round, each characters base stats are slightly different, Edea is more Strength based while Agnes is more Intellect/Mind based, so you'd get slightly better results swapping their jobs around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    While I think the majority of the game is great (music, voice acting, story, game play, world), the small, yet very obvious smudge on this good game is how Square still manages to spit on some micro transaction shit. I know its an optional feature, but its just really disappointing to see that crap added to such a well polished RPG. I'm also surprised they didn't give this game a Final Fantasy branding, considering its plot is obviously based off of the older games and its more or less a sequel to Four Heroes of Light on the DS. I think that would have generated a lot more hype for the game. I would even go so far as to say Default should have been called Final Fantasy 15 and rename 13-Versus as 16, I dont think it would have been such a bad thing considering Dragon Warrior went from PS2 for 8 and then to DS for 9.
    It's made by the people who made the original final fantasy they purposely gave it a different name to get it as far away from the awful crap that is now the final fantasy series.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

Ninja/Spell fencer is pretty cool, does the kinda damage you're envisioning for sure
    Pirate alone works, try it with Valkyrie for clearing trash and some immunity via the jump abilities.
    I hate the Time mage look, and almost always refuse to use the class based on that alone....And for buffs I prefer the Performer (for now anyway). Since I can affect the whole party at once.
    Mmmm Dark Knight. I can't wait to get that too. Probably going to couple it with the vamp class when I get it, both are concepts I've always liked as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Ninja/Spell fencer is pretty cool, does the kinda damage you're envisioning for sure
    Pirate alone works, try it with Valkyrie for clearing trash and some immunity via the jump abilities.
    I hate the Time mage look, and almost always refuse to use the class based on that alone....And for buffs I prefer the Performer (for now anyway). Since I can affect the whole party at once.
    Mmmm Dark Knight. I can't wait to get that too. Probably going to couple it with the vamp class when I get it, both are concepts I've always liked as well!
    Its a good pairing, and its what I use on Edea. Another fun one is running triple Monk/Dark Knight for boss fights when you get high level. Throw on the double HP from Spiritmaster if you have it, along with any other hp boosters. (monk has plenty of them) Then bomb the boss with Phoenix Flight, Minus Strike x3. Can even use this setup for just regular grinding as well if you slot Self Restore from Vampire. Not much is living through that first turn, at least for me. I have the three dps at over 10k max health in combat. So its like 119,988 total damage if I default the three of them and have the healer top them all off before the combo. If I use it right away its more like around 100k because Phoenix flight won't be doing as much damage.

I will admit, it is risky if you don't kill them out right. Hoping Agnes gets the party healed up to full after they all attack lol. But that's part of the fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    I'd swap Agnes and Edea round, each characters base stats are slightly different, Edea is more Strength based while Agnes is more Intellect/Mind based, so you'd get slightly better results swapping their jobs around.
    Ahhh I did not know that. That might change my decision, though I don't look forward to re-leveling the jobs. xD Shouldn't be too bad, I'm 5 hours and 20k gil away from a growth egg anyway. Thanks for sharing! I promised myself I wouldn't use any guides this playthrough (hard difficulty) so I'm on my own for the most part.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, good point on the Time Mage. I guess I could reverse it and do White Mage with Time Magic. :P

To be honest -- I thought this game would go down as being one of my favorite JRPGS in a long time.. until I hit chapter 5.

I was able to force myself through chapter 5 to only be greeted with the equally obnoxious and horrible chapter 6. I have no idea what the developers were thinking when they did these chapters, but they are horrible. It completely destroys your incentive to continue.

The other nitpick I suppose I have is the fact that I would've preferred to play though the game as most of the 'villains'. You can really see that these characters are supposed to be kids due to how stubborn they are and the fact that they refuse to listen to the adults. I mean, I could tell right away that these characters were in the wrong. It started to become obnoxious when they ignored characters that lived thousands of years and flat out told them that what they were doing is completely wrong. You would think the person that created the religion that Agnes so adamantly follows telling her that she is not helping the world with her mission would've changed her course... but no. Stupid kids, stupid stupid stupid kids. And I hated with a fiery passion every time Agnes would suggest ignoring people in need and putting others at risk and whenever Edea would cry that no one would listen to her sophomoric rationalities...

15+ Year Old Account
    added a bunch of FC from the thread.
    would be cool if we can get more.. fill that village :3

takes TOO LONG, to upgrade your village, when you're a loner D:

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The village doesn't fill up through Friend Codes, you gotta do that daily update to get Streetpasses...or pass someone on the streets with the game (works in sleep mode too!).

But even if you don't go out to get streetpasses, you'll still get 3-5 by using the daily "Update Data" option I mentioned (I think that's what it's called).
    Friend codes are still useful though! You can use the summon friend function and also the Abilink. I don't like using either because it kinda defeats the joy I find in the Job system, but it's cool if you want to use a couple of the powerful abilities early on. Provided that friend has the job levelled to the appropriate level.

The village doesn't fill up through Friend Codes, you gotta do that daily update to get Streetpasses...or pass someone on the streets with the game (works in sleep mode too!).

But even if you don't go out to get streetpasses, you'll still get 3-5 by using the daily "Update Data" option I mentioned (I think that's what it's called).
    Friend codes are still useful though! You can use the summon friend function and also the Abilink. I don't like using either because it kinda defeats the joy I find in the Job system, but it's cool if you want to use a couple of the powerful abilities early on. Provided that friend has the job levelled to the appropriate level.
    Well that's incredibly lame, thought it worked with FC's. Oh well, I'll add you back when I get home Spaace