Few questions about conductivity

Ok so I started giving this talent a more thorough look into recently and have a few questions about it that I haven't been able to find straight answers for:

1. Does using this talent lower the HPM/HPS of reaching the 15k haste cap (healing rain), meaning when this talent is used, is it better to just lower to the 14k (HST) cap

2. When Ascendance is used, and healing rain is dropped DURING ascendance, is healing rain affected by ascendance (duplicated) and if so, does it continue to be if conductivity is used and I have a 40sec HR down?

I am disappointed. I just thought this was electricity related and not wow :/

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Ok so I started giving this talent a more thorough look into recently and have a few questions about it that I haven't been able to find straight answers for:

1. Does using this talent lower the HPM/HPS of reaching the 15k haste cap (healing rain), meaning when this talent is used, is it better to just lower to the 14k (HST) cap

2. When Ascendance is used, and healing rain is dropped DURING ascendance, is healing rain affected by ascendance (duplicated) and if so, does it continue to be if conductivity is used and I have a 40sec HR down?
    The talent removes the ability to control haste breakpoints in any way, because every cast you make changes the remaining duration of HR, which then changes the breakpoints on the fly. Essentially, if you are taking Conductivity (and you aren't likely taking it for more than a few specific fights), you don't gear around HR breakpoints. You either gear to other breakpoints or just flat out favor Crit stacking over haste. Haste loses most of its value.

Yes, Ascendance duplicates the Healing of Healing Rain. However, it only duplicates the healing done while Ascendance is up. It doesn't continue to duplicate spells cast while in Ascendance after Ascendance ended. That goes for other things like Riptide too. There is no gain to Ascendance from Conductivity.

When using conductivity with healing rain there is no need to reach 15K to squeeze another tick in 10 seconds since healing rain won't expire after 10 seconds therefore the tick won't be missed. The usual healing rain breakpoints are therefore invalid. It doesn't matter if we have 10K haste or 12K or 15K, each additional haste linearly increases the healing rain ticking rate and fully benefits us.

Yes, once ascendance is up, and we drop healing rain, it'll get duplicated till ascendance expires. But it's better to have healing rain down already before using ascendance.

Also when using conductivity, there is a bug with unleash elements: If we unleash and then cast healing rain, we get the 30% buff for the entire extended duration. But then if we unleash and recast healing rain before the previous healing rain expired, we loose the 30% buff. If we want to move healing rain, to get the unleashed buff we need to be careful to let it expire prior to re-casting.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm not certain, but I think each normal breakpoint gives 4 more ticks for the 40 sec HR which isn't mandatory since you can get +2 or +3 ticks with less haste.
    Last edited by Perkele; 2014-02-16 at 01:29 AM.

I don't think it does in my personal opinion takes it up since HR lasts longer? which means you are getting more tick off it

If we put the extra tick of haste breakpoints aside, an advantage of conductivity is that healing rain can be up the entire time. Without it, we need to refresh healing rain every 10 seconds and during the time it takes to recast it isn't on the ground, so we loose a tick or two at least (taking latency into account) every 10 seconds. Over 40 seconds, this amounts to 3-6 lost ticks when not using conductivity.

And, with conductivity we can cast other spells during the time we gained from not having to refresh it, we gain the full +30% buff from unleashed elements for the entire duration (without we can unleash only every 2nd HR), and it also saves us a lot of mana.
    Last edited by Koor; 2014-02-16 at 07:37 AM.