How to 10 Man HC Garrosh P4?

I've searched and haven't found anything as far as posts go on 10 man Heroic Garry P4. Most videos I've watched are just kills, not emphasizing really on what's going on in P4/how they're handling things. I'm basically asking/wanting a fairly detailed P4 strat that has worked for most, if not all, 10 man guilds in P4. The reason I ask is because we're at the point where we are consistently getting to P3 with our best at 9%. So Sunday, I definitely see us getting into P4. After watching numerous videos I've got the general idea, just nothing fleshed out.

I've got the basic positioning down for us when we hit P4. I understand that everyone stacks under him/on a certain leg, someone gets malice, two people step out when debuff is obtained, then back in when it falls off. Bombardment comes out, tank takes Garrosh to another position, everyone spreads out, then stacks back on Garrosh(Malice goes out, rinse and repeat). What I don't understand is exactly how/where Iron Star comes out. I understand that he does a clump check and if 3 people are clumped, it spawns. What I don't get is when does this take place? Does it take place after bombardment has completely gone out? Do 3 people need to be stacked in the middle to spawn it so our kiter can start kiting from the middle then to Garrosh when he reaches 100 energy and needs to be interrupted? Also, what's so difficult about the 4th malice? I read it in the Blizzard post as well as have seen people talk about it. Just anything would help. Any details/tricks pertaining to a quick and relatively painless P4 strat that we can adapt to quickly and get down. Thanks.

Raid comp is as follows if anyone is interested:
    Tanks: BM Monk/Prot Pally
    Healer: Disc Priest
    DPS: Ret Paladin, Combat Rogue, SV Hunter, BM Hunter, 2x Destro Locks, and an Elemental Shaman.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Just trying to have us as prepared as possible. Would like to make an actual honest first P4 attempt count.

For the most part you got most of the things down p4 is by far the easy part of the fight. For malice we used a weak aura to let us know when to go in and out of it very important to do so to not get extra energy. As far as the iron star clumps and malice and where it spawns it depends on your comp which is very similar to ours. When the 2nd malice comes out everyone does what they did for the 1st, trick is when bombardment comes out most dps have to spread due to the clump check. What we do to spawn the star and not mess with the malice is have dps who can soak it without dying. This is what we did we had our tank and rouge soak with the 2nd malice person to spawn the star using tank cd and cloak or if the rouge has it a hunter can deterrence it. It spawns where the clump happened so right where the tank is who is taking it we had our disc priest use feathers to help the tank move around more better so it doesn't reach him. While our other tank pulls garrosh to the other side of the room depending on your strat. The 4th malice is tricky because it happens right before Bombardment and you don't want to spawn another star this is where the post came into play due to the clump being three people it caused it to spawn if you where not careful with malice. Malice causes garrosh to gain extra energy and explode on the raid if not soaked with other people due to being spread out it caused healing issues. So like the other malice have people who can soak it and try not to spawn one you won't need it. The range on the clump if 10 yards so we manage to do it without spawning a star but its very difficult. After all is said it done we move the boss to the other side of the room malice spawns again do what you did before burn him and you get the kill.

Hope this helps a little

The above post pretty much covers most of the details, just one last thing that answers to your specific question: the clump check happens 3 seconds after bombardment goes out and every 3 seconds thereafter until bombardment's over.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

If you would like a visual aid, Fatboss has a guide on Heroic Garrosh.

Ok, much thanks to Haywire/Fluorescent. Just to get it straight. Go into P4, stack, first malice goes out. Then the second malice will go out after. Then, when bombardment starts, have the second malice person stay with two others with immunities. Which, at this point will be myself(Or our hunter if *I* end up getting the second one), our BM tank, and whoever gets the second malice. Now, will the iron star spawn when the malice is just about over or after it has ended? Also, the iron star knocks everyone back correct? So we can just stay stacked until it comes down? Which, at that point, our BM tank will be the one kiting. Iron star comes out, myself/second malice person will head back to the boss and rinse and repeat.

My only other question is the fourth malice. So again, fourth malice person stays with the two others with immunities. Which will most likely by myself, BM monk again, and the fourth malice person pending I don't get it. Do we basically just stand literally on the outer edge of the purple line to not spawn a star? I assume that if we both stand on the outer edge, we'd be far enough away from the person with malice as to not spawn another iron star.

Again, thank you both. I feel if we talk about it and have everything in place as to where to go, who's soaking what at what times, etc., that we'll have a great shot at our first view of P4.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if immunities work. What we do for the second malice is just have both tanks stay with the target of malice and pop some CDs so the damage doesn't kill them. When the ironstar animation spawns that's the signal for those three to disperse. One tank picks up the iron star while the other drags the boss to a designated spot. Usually along the wall 3/4 down the opposite side.

Third malice is done normally, and when the fourth happens we just have one tank stay with the target of malice popping all of their really big CDs to live while the other tank slowly drags the boss away to an open area.

Fifth malice is done normally, and typically the boss dies before the third bombardment, during or shortly after. If you did malice perfectly and he only got several ticks of extra energy from the fourth malice he should do his second summon ability a few seconds after the third bombardment ends. Which honestly is enough time assuming your DPS is good and nobody is dead.

I'm pretty sure immunities don't work for malice. We just use tanks to soak malice because they are the only ones who can't be targeted with malice, thus it takes some of the mystery out. A lot of people like to use glyphed detterence hunters to soak because it's a really big DR and doesn't count as an immunity, the problem is this isn't an option if the hunter is the actual target of malice.

When the change on Tuesday happens we will just have one of our healers stay with the second malice to force an iron star, and we will have both tanks in soaking the fourth malice. Net results ends up being the same, but now we can actually prevent the raid damage on the fourth malice along with the 20-25 extra energy he gets (which is actually a lot of time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Immunity works for malice. You take no damage and still counts as a valid target.

The second malice is trivial as it only does ~1-2 ticks during bombardment. As soon as it's over spread and that should have spawned the iron star already. Don't wait for it because that thing falling on you WILL kill you. It's pretty evident if one has spawned, the ground effect is huge.

And on the 4th malice yeah, until the hotfix has rolled in you need to stand at the outer edge. After the hotfix is done just clump up and use the immunities.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Does anyone know how long the 4th malice has left when bombardment goes out? I see that the fourth malice starts at like 3-5 seconds before bombardment goes out. So can people just do malice normally right until the second bombardment goes out? I'm guessing that the second before the bombardment goes out, everyone spreads, then the tank and I soak the last remaining seconds of malice with the malice target. Then we just go back to boss, stack and do malice normally?

EDIT: And will cloak totally negate the malice ticks/bombardment? If so, it seems cloak/BM cd's would be more than sufficient to handle the remaining malice ticks and bombardment hits/fire ticks. We also have two hunters, so they're back up in case I'm the malice target. Also, would hunters be better soakers or am I(Rogue) fine doing it?
    Last edited by Yodawinfrey; 2014-02-16 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodawinfrey View Post
    Does anyone know how long the 4th malice has left when bombardment goes out? I see that the fourth malice starts at like 3-5 seconds before bombardment goes out. So can people just do malice normally right until the second bombardment goes out? I'm guessing that the second before the bombardment goes out, everyone spreads, then the tank and I soak the last remaining seconds of malice with the malice target. Then we just go back to boss, stack and do malice normally?
    Malice 1, 3, and 5+ are all normal. Malice 2 requires a spread ~3s before it ends. Malice 4 requires a spread like 3s into it (so you have to immunity soak 9s).

Quote Originally Posted by Yodawinfrey View Post
    And will cloak totally negate the malice ticks/bombardment? If so, it seems cloak/BM cd's would be more than sufficient to handle the remaining malice ticks and bombardment hits/fire ticks. We also have two hunters, so they're back up in case I'm the malice target. Also, would hunters be better soakers or am I(Rogue) fine doing it?
    Cloak works. Elusiveness+PW:S will let you soak 3 stacks too. Hunters are better soakers for Malice 4 because they can immunity the whole thing with Deterrence x2.

As a rogue, you can soak the end of Malice 2 with Elusiveness+PW:S as long as you let your stacks clear before the spread, then CoS the impact, then be backup on Malice 4, and if you need to soak, Feint the first 3 stacks then CoS the rest. CoS should come up just in time.