Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should all racials be removed from Arena/rated bgs.

Personally I think they should to bring everybody down to a level playing field, especially with the OP human racial or the orc dps racial.

Deleted
    I'm all up for it! And remove symbiosis from rated play while you are at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you get into an argument IRL, do you only face opponents of equal size/strength?

I don't think so......

If you can't keep up with the big dogs, stay on the porch with the puppies.
    Diversity is there for a reason
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    When you get into an argument IRL, do you only face opponents of equal size/strength?

I don't think so......

The fuck did I just read? How is that even remotely relevant or comparable? By "keep up with the big dogs" you mean pay £15 to be a human?

For casual PvP it hardly makes a difference, though I would argue that people should choose class based on aesthetics and not racials. I'd prefer if all racials were purely cosmetic, they're hardly exciting as they are now.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-17 at 01:25 PM.

Nope. they shouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im all for the removal of racials in arenas and rbgs. But Im probably in the minority here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Im all for the removal of racials in arenas and rbgs. But Im probably in the minority here.
    I'd second this. 99% of half serious PvP'ers being Female Human is a bit silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    HEY now, I love my big humans hips, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

I don't think so......

well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'd assume you second it, since it's exactly like the post you made.

OT: dumb idea.
    If you honestly think they make a difference you're probably bad at PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I'd assume you second it, since it's exactly like the post you made.

OT: dumb idea.
    If you honestly think they make a difference you're probably bad at PvP.
    It makes a difference, and you are bad at PvP
    Chronomancer Club

Seems like the OP is wanting a FPS version of PvP (everyone has the same starter weap, stats and can pick up any weap from the map) in an RPG game.

Diversity is in the nature of the world that Bliz created. You must find a way to succeed in that environment...or find another game to pvp in with an environment that you can handle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post

Diversity is in the nature of the world that Bliz created.
    Diversity is when choice 1 is good; choice 2 is good; choice 3 is good.

Not when choice 1 is best; choice 2 is OK; choice 3 is crap

I actually really like this idea, it removes the need to bring the right race to pvp, allows for more balance and more reliance on player skill rather then the old bring the class not the player arugument.

Quote Originally Posted by Froya View Post
    Diversity is when choice 1 is good; choice 2 is good; choice 3 is good.

Not when choice 1 is best; choice 2 is OK; choice 3 is crap
    This.

+ The funny stuff that happened when the UD's racial WotF was nerfed because too good, then the Human's racial was changed to a better version of UD's early racial so that they don't need a PvP trinket. Nonsense.

NO! removing the class removes the idea of choosing one over another. When you can t choose anymore .. the point of the game is lost. F the notion of balance.. it doesn't exist in the real world so why should it exist in a fake one.

If they dont balance them, im all in for removing them.
    MoP gameplay is retarded enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilostromrage View Post
    NO! removing the class removes the idea of choosing one over another. When you can t choose anymore .. the point of the game is lost. F the notion of balance.. it doesn't exist in the real world so why should it exist in a fake one.
    Um...this is a video game. We fight with swords and magic. What does "the real world" have anything to do with it? Balance makes for a game where the outcome of the match is decided exclusively by the ability of the players.

Deleted
    this should be for trial of the gladiator, if anything

I'm a big fan of Guild Wars-like Structured PvP.
    I REALLY enjoy how I can roll a brand new character and run pvp at max level with access to any chants, gems, weapons, etc.
    No grind, just challenge.

I would not be opposed to having racials usable only in world and pve instances though to be fair I don't see EMFH being too OP. I would imagine that one factor alone isn't the deciding factor for the majority of fights, but I could be wrong.