Who else thinks Mage is mins-numbing?

I played mage the first week then i totally despised it because its over-simplified, mind numbing , strictly based on two or three cards : fireball being one of them.

Obviously there are mage decks based on freeze or based on secrets but only a few play them because they are less simplified?

What bothers me is :

you drop bellow 14-15 life points you die .Because he sits on 2x Fireball : 6 damage for 4 mana and adds some other bullshit

no need to control the board , in 2turns you can easily eat 20 +damage from direct damage. Im not even talking when you can just lay a cheap unit for 2mana that gives+ 1 spell damage or reduces cost of spells.

Most of the mages I play are forced to play there fireballs on my minions or they lose the game.

Really? what rank do you play in?

let me just say this: if you take 20 dmg from a mage in 2 turns you can EASILY do the same as a shaman in only one turn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Most of the mages I play are forced to play there fireballs on my minions or they lose the game.
    This is largely my strategy when playing against a mage. By getting good board control, you force the mage to spend his mana and fireballs on the board, instead of you. Trigger their secrets as cost effectively as possible, avoid feeding minions needlessly to flamestrike, and keep the pressure up until they run out of tricks.

Concerning the 14-15 life limit; I'll say it's way worse against druids and shamans. I have taken opponents down to zero from 20+ with my druid deck alone. I agree that it is annoying that burst is so good in HS but that is not a mage problem alone.

Sure , but that's if i let a druid /shaman control the board

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXCAVALERA View Post
    Sure , but that's if i let a druid /shaman control the board
    Same applies to mages, except their burst takes several turns. If you keep board control and either you force him to stall or feed his spells to your minions, and the longer he stalls the more pressure you can apply.

My Mage deck is 7 creatures and 23 spells. If a Mage wants to commit enough spells to being able to hold the board they can manage it against more or less anything.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by MAXCAVALERA View Post
    I played mage the first week then i totally despised it because its over-simplified, mind numbing , strictly based on two or three cards : fireball being one of them.

Obviously there are mage decks based on freeze or based on secrets but only a few play them because they are less simplified?

What bothers me is :

you drop bellow 14-15 life points you die .Because he sits on 2x Fireball : 6 damage for 4 mana and adds some other bullshit

no need to control the board , in 2turns you can easily eat 20 +damage from direct damage. Im not even talking when you can just lay a cheap unit for 2mana that gives+ 1 spell damage or reduces cost of spells.
    Theres heaps of strategies with mage which makes them fun and interesting and also they are meant to have burst potential

Deleted
    mages are not a problem unless you let them control the board into lategame

shammies are worse, so much burst, from nothing to BAMMMMMMMMM. let them get a few minions up and they can smack you down hard with windfury and bloodlust and rockbiter...
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-02-17 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    I take it as you never experienced the terror of a full health priest looking all smug against 3 totems and 2 weak minions on turn 10 when suddenly a shaman pulls off a double bloodlust while the priest has no taunt on board...

Yes that happens.

Hearthstone is a game where luck is a factor. Sometimes you lose to some serious asspulls.
    Sometimes an oponent mage does not have to use his fireballs to deal with your minions.
    Sometimes a mage has to keep throwing all his removals just to keep you at bay.

It all goes down in first turns: namely who gets his close to best hand and who overextends.

Toss up between Mage & Warlock being the most mind-numbing.

Mage is just #YOLO ignore the board after round 3 and just spam attacks at the enemy hero till he dies.
    Warlock is just #YOLO play every card you draw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Warlock is just #YOLO play every card you draw.
    Unless you play Handlock(which is probably the best Lock deck in the current Meta)