1. #1

    Balance CM question

    I'm about to start reforging and re-gemming my gear for CM's but I was wondering if there's any particular 'must have' pieces of gear that'll give me that big increase that I'll need to push out some better numbers in CM's.


    us-battle-net/wow/en/ character /grizzly-hills/Solar/

  2. #2
    I know this must come across as a bit bitchy, but you should not want to do CM as balance. Balance doesnt do well with low gear level, so in challenge modes its extremely frustrating to try your hardest and still not be really competitive on dps. If I were you, I would go resto. Even without proper reforging etc, you can easily get gold on all CM's like I did.

    But if you are set in your ways and want to frustrate yourself I would go for the DMF one. Usually I take the stat slapstick from engineering as well, but maybe there is a better out there.

  3. #3
    Anything with the max amount of gems in it. Fountailn from Huge in Japan (you might have heard of him) is one of the best mooners for challenge modes. You should chat with him 1 on 1, hope he responds to this thread, he is sort of an Enigma around here. So Exodust your items with tons of gems slots off and start looking at other gear that has really good stats(crit?) on it.

  4. #4
    Stack Int with haste as your best secondary, use FoN + DoC. Look for gear with the most amount of sockets.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    I know this must come across as a bit bitchy, but you should not want to do CM as balance. Balance doesnt do well with low gear level, so in challenge modes its extremely frustrating to try your hardest and still not be really competitive on dps. If I were you, I would go resto. Even without proper reforging etc, you can easily get gold on all CM's like I did.

    But if you are set in your ways and want to frustrate yourself I would go for the DMF one. Usually I take the stat slapstick from engineering as well, but maybe there is a better out there.
    2 Balance Druids on my server do them just fine. You may not get world record times (and on most good servers you probably won't get any record time titles), but you can easily manage golds as Balance.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    I know this must come across as a bit bitchy, but you should not want to do CM as balance. Balance doesnt do well with low gear level, so in challenge modes its extremely frustrating to try your hardest and still not be really competitive on dps. If I were you, I would go resto. Even without proper reforging etc, you can easily get gold on all CM's like I did.

    But if you are set in your ways and want to frustrate yourself I would go for the DMF one. Usually I take the stat slapstick from engineering as well, but maybe there is a better out there.
    I'm just not comfortable enough running as resto ;|

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    I know this must come across as a bit bitchy, but you should not want to do CM as balance. Balance doesnt do well with low gear level, so in challenge modes its extremely frustrating to try your hardest and still not be really competitive on dps. If I were you, I would go resto. Even without proper reforging etc, you can easily get gold on all CM's like I did.

    But if you are set in your ways and want to frustrate yourself I would go for the DMF one. Usually I take the stat slapstick from engineering as well, but maybe there is a better out there.

    why do people always spout this? I've done 9/9 as balance and it wasn't a big deal - at all. if you don't care about realm first times but still seem tot hink only dk's and shamans are allowed to dps challenge modes maybe you need to learn to play

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Stack Int with haste as your best secondary, use FoN + DoC. Look for gear with the most amount of sockets.
    What about just for boss fights? I'm playing resto for the cm's (scholomance) but going moonkin for the last 2 bosses. Since there is no trash (we invis through the room of students) is it still worth picking up FoN + DoC or would other combination of talents work better? Also would just int, int/crit gems be better for the scenario I described? Thanks for the help!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Manavz View Post
    What about just for boss fights? I'm playing resto for the cm's (scholomance) but going moonkin for the last 2 bosses. Since there is no trash (we invis through the room of students) is it still worth picking up FoN + DoC or would other combination of talents work better? Also would just int, int/crit gems be better for the scenario I described? Thanks for the help!
    Inc + DoC will provide the strongest burst damage for a single boss fight. The difference between Crit and Haste in your situation is negligible.

  10. #10
    balance can do cm with not much trouble and do good dps
    Same Shit Different Day

  11. #11
    You could play a sub rogue, boomkin and arcane mage with little to no problem if everyone just knows how to play.

    Gold isn't as hard as people want it to look. Immerseus heroic is harder. :P
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    You could play a sub rogue, boomkin and arcane mage with little to no problem if everyone just knows how to play.

    Gold isn't as hard as people want it to look. Immerseus heroic is harder. :P
    Boomkin actually isn't that bad if you know what you're doing in regard to play style and have your gear properly itemized. Sure you're not going to be doing 3 minute SH runs with a Boomkin but they do pull out some good numbers as well as one of the best single-target burst damage classes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •