Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is the Big Love Rocket rarer than Horseman's Reins?

I am currently running the Crown Chemical Co. every day with 12 level 90's and I've done the same with 7 90's last year.
    I've also dont this boss every year since it's was introduced.

But sadly... no mount yet

Now the Horseman's Reins drops every year for me withouth actively farming it and I even had 5 in Wotlk (Before mounts were BoA).

I've asked around in the guilds im in and on the trade, but it's hard to find anyone that has this mount. The Horseman's Reins on the other hand is something many people seem to own.

Is the Big Love Rocket indeed this rare?

It is definitely much more rare.

Its too bloody rare

Deleted
    Inb4 blizzard says that droprate is right and secretly fixes it like Galleon mount (iirc lol)

Deleted
    Too rare? Nah. Rarer than the Horseman's mount? Absolutely.

Deleted
    Well I've definately seen many more Horseman owners than Big Love Rocket ones. I've actually seen like 2-3 Big Love Rocket owners while nearly everyone has Horseman's reins.

Both of those mounts are too bloody rare. D:

Deleted
    According to wowhead's stats,
    Big Love Rocket has 0.03% dropchance
    Horseman's Reins has 0.5% dropchance.

That's about 16x more.

I've got the Rocket, not sure about this year but up until last year there were only 2 on my server. I don't have the Horseman's Reins. Back before mounts were account wide a friend of mine had the Horsemans mount on 3 seperate characters the same day.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I never realized the Horseman's mount was that rare, I got that years ago. But I did know how rare the Rocket was. Last time I tried for it was in Wrath I think, which is why I couldn't believe it when I started in on farming it this year...and got it on my 2nd day with the mask along with it . Also got the Heartbreaker toy on my very first kill on the toon I wanted it on since I collect all vanity items. Some crazy, crazy luck. Didn't realize how rare my drake of the South Wind was either until I saw statistics for it...got that on my first solo/kill ever of Al'Akir.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2014-02-16 at 08:59 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I never realized the Horseman's mount was that rare, I got that years ago. But I did know how rare the Rocket was. Last time I tried for it was in Wrath I think, which is why I couldn't believe it when I started in on farming it this year...and got it on my 2nd day with the mask along with it . Also got the Heartbreaker toy on my very first kill on the toon I wanted it on since I collect all vanity items. Some crazy, crazy luck.
    That's lukcy indeed

I did get the mask on ALL 12 of my 90's already in the last few days >.<

Love rocket is I believe the lowest mount drop in the game. The first year it came out there was something like less than 1 person per server (both factions) who had it. Like less than 50 people in the world or something.

My guess is the drop rate hasn't changed, but people have a lot more max level characters now, and running it via dungeon finder takes such a small amount of time, the percentages play out where now you see a few of them around here and there.

I know a lot of "casual" players who have 5-6 max level characters, even uber casuals have 1-2 90s these days, on top of the many harder core players who are in the area of dozens of max level toons.

This is also why you see a lot more ashes of a'lar around, a lot more toons to go solo old raids and farm for mounts. Drop rate never increased, just more toons farming and the percentages play out like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, 11 toons & 3 years of farming I have yet to see a single drop. Even gotten Mimiron's Head before I even saw a V-day rocket...
    Well there is always tomorrow...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

never seen either ever drop on 6+ toons per day for since each was released... and when i mean dropped I mean I've never had anyone in my grps get either of them /sigh.

I'm doing it everyday but not expecting it to drop at all like the HH mount. It's so quick and easy to do this year that it's literally 60 seconds for 25vp, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    According to wowhead's stats,
    Big Love Rocket has 0.03% dropchance
    Horseman's Reins has 0.5% dropchance.

That's about 16x more.
    Keep in mind that Horseman's Reins is higher than that since a decent chunk of the total loots came from before the drop chance "fix".

It probably is more rare, because people dont want it. Horseman's Reins look alot cooler. :P

Deleted
    I actually never realised how rare the love rocket is, I got it the year they " redid " the event and it could drop. But if people are right, about the drop chance i can see how lucky i was, for i know a friend of mine who have cursed at me so many times i have it. But seeing how few have it, yeah it is probaly really rare

It is 0.03% (1/3333) drop chance. I tried getting it changed, but Owen and his team declined to do it:

First this:
    https://twitter.com/Itsnotoknow/stat...38062590443520

And then a few weeks later:
    https://twitter.com/Itsnotoknow/stat...48324029792258

@olandgren - Love is in the Air tomorrow, will the Big Love Rocket still be 1/3333 drop rate? Or did you talk to your team and make changes?
    A: We discussed the drop rate and it is at its intended value.

@olandgren - Oh well, at least I can cross that event-instance off my to-do the next 14 days then. What about Gal/Sha/Nalak mount, same story?
    A: Discussed them and no changes were made as a result of the discussion.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-02-16 at 10:52 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    i run these bosses EVERY single day of the event with 8 characters...and nothing XD yeah it's super rare

And i've seen the horseman one drop 2 times for me.