Razer Deathadder 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about upgrading my 2 years old Razer Imperator 2012 mouse to Razer Deathadder 2013 edition.

Mostly I'm playing RPGs, MMORPGs but also FPSs, other shooters. Just every genre I guess. And no, I don't need Naga. I've got Orbweaver already for the extra buttons.

I've read Deathadder is excellent. It's responsive, light and has nice ergonomics and that it's great for FPSs too as I'm gonna buy Titanfall and play a lot of it.

Do you think it's worth it? Does anybody have any experiences with Deathadder?

P.S. Please don't recommend me other brands than Razer. I'm one of those lucky ones who never had any problem with their products and my setup is already Razer-ish. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2014-02-16 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    3 months ago i decided to switch from Imperator to either Deathadder 2013 or Taipan . I took Taipan i can tell you i dont regret , its very light and suits me well (i play FPS mostly , its amazing for FPS games) , but i`ve red some pretty good things for Deathadder too so its up to you.If you have friends with one of them just try em before you buy.

PS: Happy shooting

Deleted
    I've got a Deathadder, the blue one. It's a really nice mouse, it hasn't got 21923 buttons but it feels good in your hand and plays perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    3 months ago i decided to switch from Imperator to either Deathadder 2013 or Taipan . I took Taipan i can tell you i dont regret , its very light and suits me well (i play FPS mostly , its amazing for FPS games) , but i`ve red some pretty good things for Deathadder too so its up to you.If you have friends with one of them just try em before you buy.

PS: Happy shooting
    I've read somewhere Taipan has an input lag which can definitely ruin the experience, otherwise I'd think about Taipan too.

Shame I can't try it somwhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    I've read somewhere Taipan has an input lag which can definitely ruin the experience, otherwise I'd think about Taipan too.

Shame I can't try it somwhere.
    I own a Taipan, and I've no issues with it to date. I play mostly WoW though, and haven't tried any FPS games with it *yet*. Might see if any local retailers will let you test drive one. Some indie shops will let ya if you ask.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

If you're playing MMOs, you really do need the Naga. I thought it was over kill too, until I got one. Now I can't imagine playing with out it.

No one needs the naga unless they lack a lot of left-hand coordination, especially raiders who have very little to do other than repeat a simple rotation. It's pure marketing to make people believe that they need that crappy mouse when a keyboard alone is capable of more than 100 keybinds.

I have 2 deathadders, the 3.5g and the 2013. The 3.5g is pretty badly made, the clicks borked out a while ago but it's otherwise such a good mouse that I got another one. So far the 2013 feels much better quality. The reason the deathadder is so popular for FPS gamers is simply due to the ergonomics and the quality of the electronics. Generally razer products are awful, especially their keyboards and headsets, so I'd highly recommend avoiding anything they make other than the newer deathadders, and only because there isn't a better mouse than the deathadder on the market.