Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The lag for the past 4 days (Not a rant, trying to troubleshoot)

Hey guys.

As far as I know this goes for EUROPE only!

As I cannot access the wow forums right now to make a post I thought I would begin here. I'm one of the many who cannot access the game, or if I can log in I am stuck at 90% in loading screen.
    On Wedensday 12th of February I was disconnected from the game at around 21:00 Europeen Server Time. and wasnt able to log in after that.
    I have been able to access the game early in the morning but as many of you I cant sit online for 72 hours straight in order to play during the weekend.

I wanted to make this post to see how this is affecting our servers, because some people dont seem to be having these issues at all.

So if you could fill out this form and post here some information if you have issues, if you dont have issues your welcomed to post the small form also. Anything helps here.
    I suspect this might be an issue with people in certain countries, as we all have different routes to connect to the server on. If you choose to fill in the small form I am posting below I will post the results of it in a ticket to blizzard or on their forums during the morning hours when I know I am able to access the site.

I thank everyone who wants to help resolve the issue, I am sure Blizz appreciates it too.

------------- COPY AND PASTE -----------

Location (Country):
    Your Server:
    The time you log on usually:
    Are you able to log in?:
    How long have you had this spesific issue:
    Can you access battle.net or wow-europe.com at all?
    Have your ISP (Internet Service Provider) made any case or news regarding this issue?

-------------------------------------------

Update:

- Changing DNS didnt help anything, didnt expect it to either. Made me log in quicker though, but still stuck in loading screen at 90%.
    - The majority of people affected is on High/Full servers. (Dont know how much this matters)
    - Added "Can you access battle.net or wow-europe.com at all?"
    - The majority of affected players that has posted is from Norway (?)
    - Norwegian ISP (Get) is investigating an issue with connecting to battle.net services. (Any more?)
    - Altibox (Norwegian ISP) also seems to have connection issues.
    - Deleted Cache folders in Wow folder and moved Interface and WTF folder to desktop - Issue still persist.

If there is anything you want me to check up I will do research on this to find if there is some other places people have discussed this. Obviously I cannot access wow-europe to find forum threads regarding this issue at the moment.

Thanks to everyone for your help!
    Last edited by Arkura; 2014-02-16 at 02:44 PM.

Location (Country): Norway
    Your Server:Moonglade EU
    The time you log on usually: All the time, different work times.
    Are you able to log in?: Rarely, and when I do, I have a gazillion MS and cant do anything
    How long have you had this spesific issue: Since 12th of February
    Last edited by Pasomoonglade; 2014-02-16 at 03:10 PM.

EU has suffered from conntection, battle.net and lag problems for the past 3 weeks without any proper solution yet. It is on Blizzard side.
    <inactive>

Been going on for like 4 weeks now and I'm getting majorly pissed.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Your Server: Draenor EU
    The time you log on usually: Any time during day. Usually works fine during nights though.
    Are you able to log in?: Yes, but not play. Either stuck at 90% loading, or 15k+ ping, or both.
    How long have you had this spesific issue: Since thursday.

Location (Country): The Netherlands
    Your Server: Ragnaros-EU
    The time you log on usually: Always between 09:00-10:00 and 19:00-24:00. Sometimes afternoon, but rarely.
    Are you able to log in?: Almost always, yes. Latency however, has been between 2000-60.000 MS in the past week.
    How long have you had this spesific issue: Logging in problems; two weeks. Latency; one week.

Your Server: Ravencrest EU
    The time you log on usually: 18:00-19:00
    Are you able to log in?: No
    How long have you had this spesific issue: Since 12th of February.

Your Server: Stormscale Eu
    The time you log on usually: 14:00 and 19:00
    Are you able to log in?: No
    How long have you had this spesific issue: Since 12th of febuary

Thanks for posting mate! Sucks that us Norwegians have to suffer so much of this. But my ISP has made a case on this spesific issue with not being able to access battle.net services.

You might want to check if your ISP has done this also.

thank god im currently playing us servers from the eu

Yeah 200 ish ms is alot better then not being able to play at all =/

I found out that it was Altibox (Norway) that was the cause of my MS and lag. Just a tip, ask them!

Same issue with other ISP's in Norway. My ISP also have connection issues with wow.

what ISP do you have?

I'm using Get.

Isnt this 90% load screen bug just a "delete ure cache map and try again" shizzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Isnt this 90% load screen bug just a "delete ure cache map and try again" shizzle?
    More like packet loss and timeouts.

edit: and everything connected to battle.net in the EU is affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Yeah whenever I connect to any wow related services on EU my internet takes a dive.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted my cache now, applying updates to the launcher. Will come back with updates when its done. I am almost certain that it will not resolve the issue.

Location (Country): Belgium
    Your Server: Terenas, Shadowsong, Stormscale and Silvermoon
    The time you log on usually: Ranging from 11am to 11pm
    Are you able to log in?: Always, and no issues with high ping.
    How long have you had this spesific issue: /
    Can you access battle.net or wow-europe.com at all? Yes.
    Have your ISP (Internet Service Provider) made any case or news regarding this issue? /

I'm not sure why some people are having trouble and I've got none at all.

Thanks for posting even if you dont experience any issues. So far the issue seems to be happening in Norway.