View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0%

    660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

    189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

    58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

    51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

    30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

    58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

    48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

    34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

    38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

    25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

    69 5.48%
Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
111
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Says who? Where does it say that enchanters use fire, frost or arcane magic? Also they don't wield magic, the use magic reagents. Completely different things.


    Which would be fine enough if the whole technology niche wasn't taken already by the engineering profession. The engineering profession has been upgraded and changed so many times since its implementation that nothing was left to make a tech class.


    No, THAT is the stupid argument. Just because you make swords, doesn't mean you know how to wield one. But an engineering knows how to wield their creations because they were the ones that crafted them, and know what 'kinks' and 'quirks' their gadgets have.


    Which, again, is irrelevant. The 'class niche' cannot be filled because the whole 'technology niche' itself has already been taken wholly by the Engineering profession.

    And just to note: I'd be all for the Tinker class to be made into WoW if we did not already have the Engineering profession in the game.
    enchanting and even alchemy are part of magic. You got alchemist in The Six.
    Do you rly think that all that mages do is use magic for "creating devastating spells" DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?
    srsly? and that mages doesn't use reagents for their spells? More powerful spells requires reagents as well.

    and mages aren't guys who spent 90% of their life fighting. Most of them doesn't use 5% of their life fighting. Most of time they just stay in home and create portals, enchant items and create magic items, elixirs. Lorewise Warriors are those who fight and mages fight only when they have to or are hired.

    don't take gameplay so serious.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    enchanting and even alchemy are part of magic. You got alchemist in The Six.
    Do you rly think that all that mages do is use magic for "creating devastating spells" DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?
    srsly? and that mages doesn't use reagents for their spells? More powerful spells requires reagents as well.

    and mages aren't guys who spent 90% of their life fighting. Most of them doesn't use 5% of their life fighting. Most of time they just stay in home and create portals, enchant items and create magic items, elixirs. Lorewise Warriors are those who fight and mages fight only when they have to or are hired.

    don't take gameplay so serious.
    Now I wish mages could do more wizardy stuff other than blow things up and a handful of tricks. Creating buildings out of nothing, animating statues, having familiars, disintigration; you know, rad D&D shit.
    blah, new sig... something something

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Um, Enchanting IS magic. An Enchanter is using magical abilities. Are they the same as Mages? No, and that's my point. A profession is not the same as a class. The same difference applies to Engineering and Tinkers.
    The magic is in the reagents, not the enchanter. Enchanting is nothing like a mage, or warlock, or priest, or shaman. But a Tinker is everything engineering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You can't tank, DPS, or heal using Engineering items. Abilities from tech-based bosses and NPCs can't be carried over to the Engineering profession. A crafting profession does nothing that a class does. So no, the entire niche isn't taken up by Engineering.
    You mean you can't use the 'tinkering' to your belt to launch grenades, or attaching a rocket launcher to your gloves cannot be used for DPS? The guns created by engineers cannot be used by hunters to do DPS? Oh, my.

    In a more serious note, you're holding onto the notion that 'class niche' matters above all else. Which it doesn't. If we didn't have the engineering profession I'd agree with you. But we do, and therefore the whole of the tech theme has already been taken. It matters none if the engineering profession can or cannot tank/dps/heal/dance macarena/fart/etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's a pretty major assumption, and its easy to counter. For example, if you're a Paladin Engineer and you make a gun, you can't use the gun. If you're a Rogue Blacksmith and you make a sword, you know how to wield it.
    That is a fail example since the only reason a paladin cannot wield a gun in-game is purely game design choice. Nothing stops a paladin from grabbing a gun and shooting it aside from that single game mechanic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    However, your argument is even dumber than that. You're arguing that the Paladin, with his crafted gun that he can't use, rickety Sky Golem, and toy explosives that can't kill anything, is the same thing as something like Helix Blackfuse, the third to last boss in Siege of Ogrimmar, whom uses lasers, mech suits, robotic minions, healing rays, and gravitational weapons that can wipe out entire armies.
    In a nutshell? Yes. In more detail? Yes, because the Paladin has been adventuring his whole life. Blackfuse, your example, did not. He spent his whole life in a laboratory doing nothing but engineering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually its very relevant. If a profession can't do what a class does, then it can't fill its niche. Its like saying Pet Battles made Hunters obsolete.
    A profession can't do what a class can because it's a profession, not a class. But the whole tech niche has already been taken, by the engineering. Because of that, the 'tech class' niche cannot be filled, since there is no way to make a Tinker class and not say 'It is engineering'.

    And oh. My. God. I won't even bother answering your hunter comparison. Too stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Do you even know what "niche" means?
    I do. But do you? Your constant denials make me wonder if you do.

  4. #204
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The magic is in the reagents, not the enchanter. Enchanting is nothing like a mage, or warlock, or priest, or shaman.
    Oh boy.... So you're saying that when an Enchanter disenchants a magical item, the weapon is turning itself into a reagent and the Enchanter has nothing to do with it?

    But a Tinker is everything engineering.
    And a Mage is everything (arcane) magic.

    You mean you can't use the 'tinkering' to your belt to launch grenades, or attaching a rocket launcher to your gloves cannot be used for DPS? The guns created by engineers cannot be used by hunters to do DPS? Oh, my.
    You mean the Hand Mounted Pyro Rocket? The rocket that does crappy damage every 45 seconds? Yeah, use only that and the belt grenade launcher that also does pitiful damage. Your DPS meter will be so low they'll toss you out the raid, and probably the guild altogether.

    In a more serious note, you're holding onto the notion that 'class niche' matters above all else. Which it doesn't. If we didn't have the engineering profession I'd agree with you. But we do, and therefore the whole of the tech theme has already been taken.
    Where did I say that class matters above all else? I said that Classes and Professions are two different things that occupy two different design spaces and two different niches within the game.

    And BTW, its not the same theme. The Engineering theme is a crafter who creates tech items. A Tinker is a hero that uses technology to protect allies and defeat enemies.

    It matters none if the engineering profession can or cannot tank/dps/heal/dance macarena/fart/etc.
    It matters completely, because it means that they're not the same thing.

    That is a fail example since the only reason a paladin cannot wield a gun in-game is purely game design choice. Nothing stops a paladin from grabbing a gun and shooting it aside from that single game mechanic.
    We're talking about game design and theme. It also disproves your notion that an Engineer can use everything they create.

    In a nutshell? Yes. In more detail? Yes, because the Paladin has been adventuring his whole life. Blackfuse, your example, did not. He spent his whole life in a laboratory doing nothing but engineering.
    What Blackfuse was doing before SoO is irrelevant. What is relevant is what Blackfuse can do with technology and what our Engineering Paladin can't do with technology. Blackfuse shows that there is a level of technology in WoW that Engineering can't reach. That forms a hole if we are to believe that Engineering is the end-all, be-all of player-based technology in WoW. That hole is a niche that Engineering can't fill, but a class would be more than able to fill.

    In short, Blackfuse (and other Tinker NPCs) disprove your argument, because they demonstrate that Azerothian tech goes above and beyond the Engineering profession. Your argument is like saying that Enchanting fills the niche of magic, despite the fact that we're constantly fighting Mages throwing ridiculously powerful spells at us.

    A profession can't do what a class can because it's a profession, not a class. But the whole tech niche has already been taken, by the engineering.
    Nice contradiction.

    And oh. My. God. I won't even bother answering your hunter comparison. Too stupid.
    Yes, it's as stupid as your comparison between Engineering and a Tinker class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-02-18 at 01:10 AM.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Oh boy.... So you're saying that when an Enchanter disenchants a magical item, the weapon is turning itself into a reagent and the Enchanter has nothing to do with it?
    No. It turns into a broken item, and the enchantment within them is disassembled into the reagents we know: dust, essences and crystals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You mean the Hand Mounted Pyro Rocket? The rocket that does crappy damage every 45 seconds? Yeah, use only that and the belt grenade launcher that also does pitiful damage. Your DPS meter will be so low they'll toss you out the raid, and probably the guild altogether.
    What? Just because it doesn't scale with your level doesn't mean you can't put a rocket launcher to your gloves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Where did I say that class matters above all else?
    You say that every time I say that the whole 'technology' theme has already been taken by the engineering profession.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And BTW, its not the same theme. The Engineering theme is a crafter who creates tech items. A Tinker is a hero that uses technology to protect allies and defeat enemies.
    The engineering theme is a crafter who creates tech items to protect allies and defeat enemies. Your Tinker is a crafter who creates tech items. See how interchangeable it is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We're talking about game design and theme. It also disproves your notion that an Engineer can use everything they create.
    No. I'm talking about theme. You're using game mechanics to argue against theme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What Blackfuse was doing before SoO is irrelevant.... In short, Blackfuse (and other Tinker NPCs) disprove your argument, because they demonstrate that Azerothian tech goes above and beyond the Engineering profession. Your argument is like saying that Enchanting fills the niche of magic, despite the fact that we're constantly fighting Mages throwing ridiculously powerful spells at us.
    Oh, but it does. It amounts to what he did before this moment in time. If your paladin took the engineering profession but kept it at level 1, while I leveled all the way to max, both our characters are still engineers. Blackfuse is simply at a level above what a player character can get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nice contradiction.
    Contradiction? Where? First part I talked about the difference between class and profession. The second part I talked about niches. There is no contradiction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, it's as stupid as your comparison between Engineering and a Tinker class.
    Just because you abstract everything that goes against your class design doesn't mean they don't exist, you know?

    And, with that, I am done arguing with Teriz. The 'Tinker' is not only his love child, but apparently also his life line, judging by the way he clings to it. Say what you want, Teriz. Nothing will make your class idea any less engineering and any less improbable than it already is.

  6. #206
    A Tinker would be a master engineer, I think if Tinkers became a playable class they should embrace engineering and have it be beneficial to be a Tinker and take up engineering. For example remember the day when hunters needed to carry around ammunition and have it made for them, that could apply to Tinkers. They would need to have bombs and such made and they would carry it around with them for battle, and these bombs would become viable in battle and actually cause damage. But on the other hand that would suck to have to carry around a bag full of bombs taking up inventory slots, so they would need to make "bomb spells", and I think they would use focus like hunters and would need agility and stamina to go around throwing explosives. And again mail armor. Also if Tinkers became a class I think engineers need to get blueprints to make Tinker specific armor.
    Some people say it would be recycling if they made a Tinker class because we can be engineers but we can not go into battle as an engineer, I want to kill and explode stuff with bombs and rockets I am all for a Tinker class. And Blizzard is known for recycling stuff in game...I would be delighted to have them "recycle" to make a Tinker class. Also for the people who don't like the Tinker idea guess what, you would not have to play the class. Not every expansion appeals to everyone, some expansions are the best ever for one person while really lacking for another. Blizzard can't please everyone on every expansion. Also if a Tinker class is added in an expansion I don't see that being the only class and/or race added.

  7. #207
    You already have tinkers, it's called the engineer profession. What's the point of this, Blizz isn't gonna add any new class. Ever. Yeah i know, we got Death Knights. But if ya ask me it went like this: Blizz already wanted to add DK to the game from the get go, but for some reason couldn't do it yet. They kept it in dev hell (or planning the strategy for WoW ahead for the coming years, when to do what etc.) untill they could finally add the class in Lich King, the end. It's always the same story in the world of development.

    "blabla we wanted to do this and that but couldn't do it yet due to X reason. We're really thrilled we can finally do it now."

    Been there done that.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

  8. #208
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No. It turns into a broken item, and the enchantment within them is disassembled into the reagents we know: dust, essences and crystals.
    No, you take an item with magical properties and you magically break it down into magical material so that you can infuse an item with magic later.

    That's called a magical ability.


    What? Just because it doesn't scale with your level doesn't mean you can't put a rocket launcher to your gloves.
    True, but it also means you can't use it by itself for competitive DPS purposes.

    You say that every time I say that the whole 'technology' theme has already been taken by the engineering profession.
    Because you're making a false statement. Pointing out the lack of a technology class shows the falsity of your statement.


    The engineering theme is a crafter who creates tech items to protect allies and defeat enemies. Your Tinker is a crafter who creates tech items. See how interchangeable it is?
    Except Classes do not "craft" items, so a Tinker class would also not craft items. Additionally, how is crafting a pair of goggles for sell in the auction house protecting allies? Engineers are trying to make a profit, not work with a group of heroes to take down an enemy.


    Oh, but it does. It amounts to what he did before this moment in time.
    Except we have no idea what Blackfuse was doing before Siege, so your entire assumption about what he was doing is completely irrelevant.

    If your paladin took the engineering profession but kept it at level 1, while I leveled all the way to max, both our characters are still engineers. Blackfuse is simply at a level above what a player character can get
    If you leveled to max Engineer, the only thing you could do different than me is craft fancier vehicles and guns. You can't do anything close to what Blackfuse was doing because the profession isn't capable of emulating those abilities. A class on the other hand....


    Contradiction? Where? First part I talked about the difference between class and profession. The second part I talked about niches. There is no contradiction.
    You admitted that there is a difference between a class and a profession, and then went on to say that there would be no difference between a tech-based class and a tech-based profession. Hence, a contradiction.


    And, with that, I am done..
    You were done a long time ago. At this point you're simply tripping over your own nonsense. Good riddance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by giovannileanza View Post
    You already have tinkers, it's called the engineer profession. What's the point of this, Blizz isn't gonna add any new class. Ever. Yeah i know, we got Death Knights. But if ya ask me it went like this: Blizz already wanted to add DK to the game from the get go, but for some reason couldn't do it yet. They kept it in dev hell (or planning the strategy for WoW ahead for the coming years, when to do what etc.) untill they could finally add the class in Lich King, the end. It's always the same story in the world of development.

    "blabla we wanted to do this and that but couldn't do it yet due to X reason. We're really thrilled we can finally do it now."

    Been there done that.
    You do know that we got Monks too right?

    And there will be at least one more new class. The missing mail armor class pretty much guarantees it.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You were done a long time ago. At this point you're simply tripping over your own nonsense. Good riddance.
    I was actually done, but you decided to insult me. Way to go. I'll just say this. What I wrote is not nonsense. You, on the other hand, are full of it. Your class cannot exist because we already have the tech niche filled. Much like we can't have a 'chemist' because the alchemy niche is filled. And why we can't have a necromancer class because both the 'death' and 'pet' niches were taken, by DKs and Warlocks, respectively. And why we can't have the Demon Hunter class because there is nothing left for the Demon Hunter *be* since all its concept has been split between certain WoW classes. And why we can't have Spellbreakers because the spellbreaker's concept abilities are too disruptive of gameplay. No class should have so many spell removals/interrupts.

    Got it? Good. I'm through.

  10. #210
    The Patient Trollfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Posts
    225
    There will be no tinkerers. It's already a profession.

    There will be no demon hunters. Its a class in diablo.

    I wish people would stop making these threads. It's irritating.
    You can use Raid Finder to join a 25-player raid for some of the most epic experiences World of Warcraft has to offer.

  11. #211
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    There will be no tinkerers. It's already a profession.

    There will be no demon hunters. Its a class in diablo.

    I wish people would stop making these threads. It's irritating.
    ...And let me guess. Zelda saves Hyrule too? *sarcastic voice*
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2014-02-18 at 03:03 AM.

  12. #212
    Lots of silly ideas wont be a class in WoW. What a bummer.

  13. #213
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I hope not. They are too close to engineers, i doubt blizz will want to add tinkers.
    This comment made me giggle.

    Engineers and Tinker's sound alike, but are not exactly the same. It would also give Hunters someone to fight over guns with perhaps (for once) and give us a Mail-wearing tank (for once).

  14. #214
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I was actually done, but you decided to insult me. Way to go. I'll just say this. What I wrote is not nonsense. You, on the other hand, are full of it. Your class cannot exist because we already have the tech niche filled. Much like we can't have a 'chemist' because the alchemy niche is filled. And why we can't have a necromancer class because both the 'death' and 'pet' niches were taken, by DKs and Warlocks, respectively. And why we can't have the Demon Hunter class because there is nothing left for the Demon Hunter *be* since all its concept has been split between certain WoW classes. And why we can't have Spellbreakers because the spellbreaker's concept abilities are too disruptive of gameplay. No class should have so many spell removals/interrupts.
    You do understand that out of all those examples you mentioned, the Tinker/Engineering comparison is the least viable right? Mainly because the Tinker class and the Engineering profession don't share themes, design space, or even abilities. Why? Because a class can never share the same theme, design space, or abilities as a profession. Likewise, a profession's niche is to create craftable items for other players. A class' niche is to perform a role within the trinity of tanking, DPS, or HPS.

    You actually agree with all of that. Which makes your statements above so hilarious, and simply highlights how silly your argument was from the get-go.

    Who would actually argue that a class and a profession are the same?

    You would.

    Who would actually argue that a profession fills the entire niche when there's clearly aspects of the theme outside of the profession's scope?

    You would.

    Who would actually argue that using the Engineering gadgets allows you to have competitive DPS in a raid environment?

    You would.

    Who would actually argue that a Paladin with max Engineering is just like a playable version of Siegecrafter Blackfuse?

    You would.

    I'm through.
    We know.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    There will be no tinkerers. It's already a profession.
    How does a profession that has nothing to do with the class stop said class from entering the game?

    There will be no demon hunters. Its a class in diablo.
    Hilarious.

    I wish people would stop making these threads. It's irritating.
    I wish people would read the thread before posting in it. It's irritating.

  15. #215
    I think they'll limit it to gimmicky boss fights and engineering, no full blown class. But I wouldn't say 0% but probably close.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Who would actually argue that a class and a profession are the same?
    I would. Because both are the exact same thing. Tech-based characters that create and use various technological gadgets for a variety of uses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Who would actually argue that a profession fills the entire niche when there's clearly aspects of the theme outside of the profession's scope?
    I would. Because the profession does take the whole niche. The profession already makes bombs, already makes robots, already makes all kinds of tech stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Who would actually argue that using the Engineering gadgets allows you to have competitive DPS in a raid environment?
    Some 'tinker' options of the engineer profession are more powerful than other enchant options for that special gear slot. And the tinker helms are basically BiS during the first tier of raiding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Who would actually argue that a Paladin with max Engineering is just like a playable version of Siegecrafter Blackfuse?
    I don't know who would. I mean, all I said is that both are engineers with different amounts of time spent in their profession.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How does a profession that has nothing to do with the class stop said class from entering the game?
    Engineering has nothing to do with your Tinker just like demons have nothing to do with the Warlock class.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Hilarious.
    Indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I wish people would read the thread before posting in it. It's irritating.
    We do.

    EDIT: Actually, here is a small question for you? What can your Tinker do that an enginner cannot? I mean, aside from the whole 'select tank/heal/dps markers in the LFR menu'.

  17. #217
    Let's see if I can offer a constructive post in a polite manner.

    First off, I want to start off by saying that entirely alone, nothing else considered, tinker sounds like a great idea. But all things considered, I think it is not, and here is my reasoning:

    The tinker class, however much you say it is either completely the same or nothing like engineering, shares a technological niche with it. That is something you cannot not reasonably argue. With that being said, in order for engineering to continue being worthwhile by any stretch, tinkering must not exist. Because how do you keep things exclusive? Will tinkers have a class specific mount? If you say yes, then engineers will be unhappy, because it's something they should be able to make. The class is essentially stealing a mount possibility from engineers. If you say no, then tinkers are being robbed of something that would help define their class. One cannot be complete, without diminishing the other. That is why I believe a tinker class just wouldn't work.
    Last edited by Danuru; 2014-02-18 at 05:09 AM.
    "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." --Voltaire

  18. #218
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    There will be no tinkerers. It's already a profession.

    There will be no demon hunters. Its a class in diablo.

    I wish people would stop making these threads. It's irritating.
    Good to hear. For a moment I thought we were actually gonna get Monks. We don't want any of those Diablo classes in WoW.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  19. #219
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I would. Because both are the exact same thing.
    Yet you also said this;

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    A profession can't do what a class can because it's a profession, not a class.
    So which is it?

    I would. Because the profession does take the whole niche. The profession already makes bombs, already makes robots, already makes all kinds of tech stuff.
    Where's the ability to fight in a mech suit? Where's the abilities from the WC3 hero? Where's the laser abilities? Where's the AoE attacks like Overload and Magnetic Saw Blade that do some actual damage? Where's my technology-based healing abilities?

    Looks like the "whole niche" has some holes in it.

    Some 'tinker' options of the engineer profession are more powerful than other enchant options for that special gear slot. And the tinker helms are basically BiS during the first tier of raiding.
    Still doesn't mean you perform competitive DPS only using Engineering items.

    I don't know who would. I mean, all I said is that both are engineers with different amounts of time spent in their profession.
    Except the Palain with Engineering will never be able to reach the level of technical mastery of Blackfuse. Indicating that Blackfuse is using something different than Engineering to achieve his power (hint: he's a Siegecrafter). A prime example would be Death Knights. A Death Knight will eventually reach or approach Arthas' level of power because they truly are the same thing. Which is why you're seeing the Lich King's abilities slowly make their way into the DK class. You will NEVER see any of Blackfuse, or even the WC3 hero's abilities enter Engineering.

    Because they're not the same.

    EDIT: Actually, here is a small question for you? What can your Tinker do that an enginner cannot? I mean, aside from the whole 'select tank/heal/dps markers in the LFR menu'.
    1. Kill mobs of equal level using technology.
    2. Utilize the hammer/claw tank.
    3. Use technology to heal.
    4. Use lasers.
    5. Have abilities that scale with level.
    6. Have abilities that can be used instead of items that have to be crafted.
    7. Has offensive and defensive cooldowns.
    8. Uses sawblades
    9. Has mechanical minions
    10. Has the Tinker hero abilities from WC3.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Let's see if I can offer a constructive post in a polite manner.

    First off, I want to start off by saying that entirely alone, nothing else considered, tinker sounds like a great idea. But all things considered, I think it is not, and here is my reasoning:

    The tinker class, however much you say it is either completely the same or nothing like engineering, shares a technological niche with it. That is something you cannot not reasonably argue. With that being said, in order for engineering to continue being worthwhile by any stretch, tinkering must not exist. Because how do you keep things exclusive? Will tinkers have a class specific mount? If you say yes, then engineers will be unhappy, because it's something they should be able to make. The class is essentially stealing a mount possibility from engineers. If you say no, then tinkers are being robbed of something that would help define their class. One cannot be complete, without diminishing the other. That is why I believe a tinker class just wouldn't work.
    Honest question: How does a Tinker tanking, healing, or DPSing in a dungeon/raid, or participating in battlegrounds, or just performing quests around the world, in any way "diminish" an Engineer gathering items together to make a pair of goggles?

    Since having a class mount isn't a requirement (since every class doesn't have a class mount), I don't see how that's an issue.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-02-18 at 05:39 AM.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honest question: How does a Tinker tanking, healing, or DPSing in a dungeon/raid, or participating in battlegrounds, or just performing quests around the world, in any way "diminish" an Engineer gathering items together to make a pair of goggles?

    Since having a class mount isn't a requirement (since every class doesn't have a class mount), I don't see how that's an issue.
    An engineer is more than making goggles, it has a feel to it, with lore to boot. Being an engineer is the most unique profession in the game, and it's fun. You're trying to compare the unique things an engineer can accomplish to to making a leather vest. And you're choosing the most boring object they can make, the goggles, in order to prove your point. By doing so, you are already trying to diminish the profession in order to justify the class.

    Secondly, the mount was the most simple example to present. I can go on about bombs, devices, and other things, but I feel there is no need to put an extensive list on every possibility. The grand point is, is that with the creation of the Tinker, engineers will feel watered down.
    "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." --Voltaire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •