After a bunch of Demon Hunter threads, let's see how the competing theme pans out.
Reasons for Tinkers:
1. Unique Mechanical class theme. No other class would be like the Tinker if implemented.
2. Wonderful class for Goblins and Gnomes, probably two of the most neglected races in WoW lorewise.
3. Plenty of design space to utilize (can use WC3, WoW, or Heroes of the Storm abilities).
4. Would fill in the remaining mail armor slot.
5. Blizzard's tweets about Tinkers were very favorable and encouraging.
6. Tinkers can fill tank, DPS, or Healing roles without breaking their lore, or sacrificing their flavor.
7. Tinkers can be ranged, giving us a much needed second ranged class.
8. Tinkers can fit any expansion theme, due to the universal nature of technology.
9. Technology makes a good counter-theme to the standard Swords and Sorcery of fantasy games.
10.Tinkers have a very strong connection to the gameworld and its history.
So what do you think? What are the chances of a Tinker class in WoW?
I voted 80%.