Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    35% is more than I took from the trivial comment and I agree that is not trivial.
    At the end of the day each raid team need to find what works for them.
    Tactics are not set in stone and are meant to be a guide. You adapt them to however it optimises your team.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,776
    We always had the tanks pick up all orbs but one. That was picked up by a dps who was scheduled to complete his trial a moment afterwards. The healers go in one after the other (2 healers on 10-man). And that's it. We've done it like that since heroic modes became available (though we'd skipped Noru'shen in the first week, silly us). Solo-healing at the start while my co-healer (paladin) went for his trial was never an issue. Neither was it a biggie for him to keep the raid up while I did my stuff.
    metanoia gone horde!

    Main: Seriss ~ Favourite Alt: Syope

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    The optimal way? I just don't understand why you would send in a healer and a tank before all dps are purified? Dps corruption only affects the damage TO the boss. Tanks only get a damage reduction when purified (which is quite irrelevant because damage is light). I can't imagine a scenario where that is superior to DPS1/DPS2/DPS3 --> DPS4/DPS5/DPS6 (these soak the orbs from the first big adds before going in) --> Heal1 (Both healers and a tank soak an orb) --> Heal2 --> Healers soak remaining orbs

    The problem with having healers go in for the healing buff is that you leave the other healer to soloheal outside. That is much less mana efficient (and may need a cooldown) than being able to keep the raid topped off with AoE heals.
    If a group is just now progressing on H Norushen, they are probably not going to be able to cope with THREE sets of adds out at the same time from sending three dps in at the start. When we originally did this fight we sent 1 tank 1 heal 2 dps for the first two rounds of orbs. As a disc priest I was always first in to clear my corruption for atonement healing. It's a bit stupid on this fight. I would imagine eminence healing for monks is the same.

    From my understanding the add in the healer trial has to die before your timer runs out. You have to keep the NPCs health as high as possible the entire time, so they are able to kill it. Just like LK fight in Frostmourne, the higher their health, the more damage they deal to the add. So goals of healer trial, keep NPCs health as high as possible (as mentioned earlier if one of them dies you instantly fail), dispel the dot if it is on any of the NPCs or yourself, assist in killing the add to help meet the timer.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by xerty View Post
    Interesting. I always thought healing output was reduced with each corruption. But now I think about it, that would not make sense.
    I can only assume he made a mistake or there was a bug.


    The non-avoidable damage can be quite high if you have no mitigation up. So I guess he must have failed. Though he is only 550ilvl, that should be adequate.
    I tanked and killed heroic norushen. It was a bitch doing the challenge. but i did it with 540 ilvl

    Also, my group is only 3/14 heroic and we never send healers in. we clear 2dps > 1dps 1tank > 1 dps 1tank> 2 dps > lust+kill
    Last edited by noladrew; 2014-02-18 at 05:55 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    The optimal way? I just don't understand why you would send in a healer and a tank before all dps are purified? Dps corruption only affects the damage TO the boss. Tanks only get a damage reduction when purified (which is quite irrelevant because damage is light). I can't imagine a scenario where that is superior to DPS1/DPS2/DPS3 --> DPS4/DPS5/DPS6 (these soak the orbs from the first big adds before going in) --> Heal1 (Both healers and a tank soak an orb) --> Heal2 --> Healers soak remaining orbs
    Because, even when progressing, the DPS requirement isn't anywhere close to requiring you purify 6 dps as soon as possible. Not to mention, you're forcing your raid to deal with 3 adds at a time, twice in a row.



    The problem with having healers go in for the healing buff is that you leave the other healer to soloheal outside. That is much less mana efficient (and may need a cooldown) than being able to keep the raid topped off with AoE heals.
    When I go down, I'm back up in ~20 seconds. Any adequately geared healer can solo heal for 20-30 seconds with cooldowns. Especially since you won't need the cooldowns again until sub 20%, when they'll be back up again.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Because, even when progressing, the DPS requirement isn't anywhere close to requiring you purify 6 dps as soon as possible. Not to mention, you're forcing your raid to deal with 3 adds at a time, twice in a row.
    Fair enough. I was assuming (from previous threads) that new groups who reach that fight still have issues with the dps check. As you say there is really no need for cooldowns on the fight until sub 20%, which does mean that you can use all of them immediately.
    When I go down, I'm back up in ~20 seconds. Any adequately geared healer can solo heal for 20-30 seconds with cooldowns. Especially since you won't need the cooldowns again until sub 20%, when they'll be back up again.
    But that also means that you in no way need one of your healers to be buffed by 35% (if that is the number, we never bothered to purify because of healing).

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    But that also means that you in no way need one of your healers to be buffed by 35% (if that is the number, we never bothered to purify because of healing).
    Wrong. The boss hits harder at low health and there are no adds at the start of the encounter. In case of Disc, there's also the damage increase, so they basically double dip in healer bonus.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Fair enough. I was assuming (from previous threads) that new groups who reach that fight still have issues with the dps check. As you say there is really no need for cooldowns on the fight until sub 20%, which does mean that you can use all of them immediately.
    of course, groups just getting here can have enrage issues. anyone saying different either has a short memory or has little understanding of what kind of group is just getting to heroic norushen. our first pull ever i believe we hit enrage, but once we made sure everyone was doing all they can to help the group (prepot, cleansing in the right order, etc) it went down quickly.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Wrong. The boss hits harder at low health and there are no adds at the start of the encounter. In case of Disc, there's also the damage increase, so they basically double dip in healer bonus.
    His damage increases linearly the lower his health gets (besides add stacks in the beginning). So purifying your healers for the healing buff (might be worth it for a disc as you say) is not really worth it.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    We always have tanks soak the orbs. By the time he hits 50% all the DPS are cleansed and we usually have 1 tank at 50 energy and the other at 0, meaning tanks can soak the remaining.

    We send healers in to make it easier for them. We did this during progress as well.
    You usually send healers in because they won't spawn big adds, so they can soak and then go down. That is the whole point of this.

    And what I said, at 50%, you have 2 healers soak all orbs so dps won't have a dps loss since nobody will go cleanse after 50%.

    I've also done it with another guild where we 4 healed it and no healer went down, both strats are viable, but somebody asked why you would send healer, well the whole point is to make the encounter easier by spawning less big adds.
    Karuzo, mistweaver monk | Macphisto, discipline priest
    <Razzia>, US-Arthas | @Spotnick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •