Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nothing really happens in this patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Now there's wishful thinking. As far as I know, "Friends & Family Alpha" hasn't even begun (or the news about it hasn't leaked yet), and you still got closed beta testing to do (which takes several months), AND releasing the 6.0 patch to live servers (which is likely to release about a month before the expansion pack, per usual).

You're looking at 6 months MINIMUM before Warlords of Draenor is released. I'd estimate closer to October/November.
    nice source on that, i think its alot sooner
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Will we able to see Vol'jin in Grommash Hold, come next patch?

Dont you guys think maybe, that not announcing a beta, they are already far beyond beta stages... They did say they want to push out content faster... I see no reason to believe that when the first signs of a beta show up, itll be far more polished and ready to go than previous PTR's have been

Deleted
    Y'know, if the 90 boost goes live this week but pre-sales don't, I might invest to finish my warrior & bank the pre-order one to start on another realm. Especially if the rumored 50% off offer is true.

Anyone know if there's a time-limit on redemption? or anything else I need to know?

they are further along with WoD than they were with MoP when they announced it

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mileskg21 View Post
    they are further along with WoD than they were with MoP when they announced it
    While this is true, MoP beta was released March 21st, 2012. If WoD Beta is not released sooner than that, we could potentially see a Sept release date for WoD. Beta for an expac is not going to be less then 6 months...

It's funny because a lot of people expected the beta to start or be announced right after Blizzcon. And that we'd have a spring release. Because they said they were further along, wanted faster expacs, didn't want another DS 9 month drought and when asked about a summer release they said they wanted it before that. Now here we are, 3 months later and not one peep about beta even starting. And the icing on the pathetic cake is it's not even that much of an expansion, more like a content patch we have to pay for. No new professions, no new classes, no new races. Something like what 5 new dungeons? And it's taking them this long? How sad is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does the Blizzard Staff say? Soon Soon SoonTM.

In all seriousness, I think I would of liked if the old mounts got a upgrade and you could of done a quest or something to obtain them after the Scroll is gone.
    Would be great for other people to get the mount, in which I already got them. I have the Spectral Wyvern for Horde and I have the Spectral Gryphon for Alliance.
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    You're looking at 6 months MINIMUM before Warlords of Draenor is released. I'd estimate closer to October/November.
    In December/January I was saying the same thing. November basically. BUT, SoO will a be year at the end of August (and Blizz admitted that a year of ICC was a mistake on their part, so why would they compound that with well over a year of SoO?) and MoP will be 2 at the end of Sept. It's hard to believe that WoD will come out after those two milestones have gone by. I've also bought into the argument that WoD likely won't need as long of a beta since there's no new race/class to balance, meaning your minimum of 6 months could be (and likely is) arguably less.

If they'd just announce the beta already (I'm assuming pre-orders and paid 90s hinges on that) we could all speculate with a lot more verve!

will 5.4.7 be the final update for mop?

15+ Year Old Account
    The source is in History. Just looking back at the latest expansion pack (Mists of Pandaria);

Announced at Blizzcon 2011 (October 21st 2011), released on September 25th 2012. Almost a full year from announcement, to release.

Warlords of Draenor was announced on November 8th 2013. Now you tell me; What assumption/conclusion would one draw from this? If WoD takes as long to develop as Mists of Pandaria did, your looking at ~11 months from announcement to release. Which would be... Around October.
    See, this doesn't tell us anything though. What matters is the % of completion when they make the announcement, and none of us has a clue on that. I can tell you, 2 days before your birthday, that I'm knitting you a scarf. When I hand you the scarf at your party can you guess how long it took me to knit it? Maybe I started it the day before I told you, maybe weeks before, maybe months before. You have no idea.

Now there's wishful thinking. As far as I know, "Friends & Family Alpha" hasn't even begun (or the news about it hasn't leaked yet), and you still got closed beta testing to do (which takes several months), AND releasing the 6.0 patch to live servers (which is likely to release about a month before the expansion pack, per usual).

i highly doubt that blizz wiht give us season 16 in mop that pots wod at about mid july- mid auguest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    nice source on that, i think its alot sooner
    how sooner do u think they'll end season 15? despite the fact theres no mount reward this time

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to point out. There was no F&F Alpha for MoP either so yeah that argument is bunk.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Hopefully I can log in after this patch... right? RIGHT?
    Hopefully, they get around to fixing these servers before WoD...
    When only some people(still a large part of the player base) lose connection about 12:00, and can reconnect just after 24:00, that can't be anything buy some network engineer having fun blocking ips...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So would be a good idea to save up conquest points to the catch up cap (22k) for the new gear next maintenance? Or is there a much lower cap?

15+ Year Old Account
    Something else to consider on the release date speculation. What about Blizzcon 2014? No announced dates yet, but surely with the 20th/10th anniversaries they have to have one, right? Blizz basically looses a month in preparation for the show since they run it themselves, so how does that play into the speculation? I don't see them having one in August if they're working so hard on WoD, and Oct/Nov is possible but only if WoD has been released by then (the stage being set for announcement of the next expansion maybe?). Do you think they'll have Blizzcon this year? If so, how is that playing into your timeline?

Or they just won't bother with those things, or use much shorter versions of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Something else to consider on the release date speculation. What about Blizzcon 2014? No announced dates yet, but surely with the 20th/10th anniversaries they have to have one, right? Blizz basically looses a month in preparation for the show since they run it themselves, so how does that play into the speculation? I don't see them having one in August if they're working so hard on WoD, and Oct/Nov is possible but only if WoD has been released by then (the stage being set for announcement of the next expansion maybe?). Do you think they'll have Blizzcon this year? If so, how is that playing into your timeline?
    I've given up on them doing anything interesting on anniversaries anymore. Pets or mounts are a fun way to look back and say, "I was there for this!" - their FOSes and whatever else they've done lately - I forget, an XP bonus or something? - are not.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's funny because a lot of people expected the beta to start or be announced right after Blizzcon. And that we'd have a spring release. Because they said they were further along, wanted faster expacs, didn't want another DS 9 month drought and when asked about a summer release they said they wanted it before that. Now here we are, 3 months later and not one peep about beta even starting. And the icing on the pathetic cake is it's not even that much of an expansion, more like a content patch we have to pay for. No new professions, no new classes, no new races. Something like what 5 new dungeons? And it's taking them this long? How sad is this?
    One thing you are forgetting is they are also implementing the Item squish, which means they need to make sure that someone in level 90 gear can still solo lower level raids and such. I imagine there has to be a lot of balancing and tuning needed to implement it well over the course of 90+ levels...

Very boring patch.. probably just wait a few months till WoD comes around. Too much to ask for faster content i guess.