Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, I never even tried them, but despite this, i'm all for content becoming unavailable once it's time is over. I do not even have one thing that is not obtainable in the game, but I would like to.

That kind of things is just a part of your account, what builds it, the reason why you like your account so much and never will get rid of it.

To be honest i've got both the red proto-drake and red volcanic stone dragon, respectively on early WotLK and early Cataclysm, and i'm truly butthurt that it remained obtainable past the first patches.
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I like when they don't make things available anymore. Prime example being my Swift Zulian Tiger, nobody can get that mount anymore and I will always have it... I like that.
    Yup, I got my Amani War Bear and I'm happy of that, dumb Battle Bear wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    It is not logical to remove Challenge mode if blizzard does not remove raid mounts and gears.

1. raids are meant to be challenging and the pinnacle of pve challenges and later they are soloed and no prestige there

2. challenge modes are not static, there is progressive difficulty level because if you are lower gear than ilvl that dungeon scales down to, it is harder or impossible. Also ilvl scaling does not effect gems and enchants. Also balance patches have effect.
    Raids have always and will always have progression. Even if you choose to never equip a better piece of gear, they are designed with gear progression in mind. Challenge modes are NOT designed with the thought of hit/expertise being removed, so the removal of those stats throw off the balance horribly.

In addition, the "prestige" mounts have had there drop rates nerfed to 1%. However, challenge modes do not have drop rates and whatnot, they are solid rewards tied to achievements, and thus would not be accurately modified like Mimirons Head, Incinvible, Rag and Deathwing mounts and presumably the mount from Garrosh heroic.

You want to ''buy'' something that has to be earned? Personally I wouldn't want to wear the challenge mode gear if it all it showed is that I couldn't hack the challenge and had to cop out and buy it. ''pls link achieve'' etc. How embarrassing.

Retired items should be purchaseable from store.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Personally I wouldn't want to wear the challenge mode gear if it all it showed is that I couldn't hack the challenge and had to cop out and buy it. ''pls link achieve'' etc. How embarrassing.
    I would be more embarrassed on behalf of the player asking for the other to "link achieve" to prove someone "earned" the gear. Who really cares? I personally like my shaman's batman helmet and my worgen's starter area top hat, but to each their own I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

If they made everything available for everybody to get easily, the people who worked hard for the items would get annoyed.

Also the people who did get the item when it was available look awesome because they were part of what happened. For example I have the Red Proto Drake from Wrath of The Lich King, I think I look awesome when I can sit there and people will ask me how I go it, and I can Reply with " Can't get it any more "

No, that's a terrible idea.

you are so right. I should just buy some gladiator mounts since I couldnt make gladiator when they were current.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    In regard of your sig.
    Its not about what i care about what other people are wearing. Its about ME having the option to easily get the rewards.
    Why should i put myself through so much trouble when i have the option to easily get nearly the same rewards? Am i a masochist? It totally cuts of the immersion of the game if i have the option to easy access to stuff. I feel stupid by doing the hard way when was not necessary.

"But, but what matters is the challange, not the reward!"

Then why everyone only cryes about the rewards and its removal' -_- Dont lie to yourselfs. People are crying because of the removal of the rewards.
    So....it seems is NOT about the challange. Because if it was, no one would be complaining.
    Last edited by Shadowpunkz; 2014-02-24 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    In regard of your sig.
    First of all, give credit where credit is due:
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves)...
    Its not about what i care about what other people are wearing. Its about ME having the option to easily get the rewards.
    Why should i put myself through so much trouble when i have the option to easily get nearly the same rewards?
    Don't put yourself through so much trouble, then, if all you want is some new duds for your paper doll. Apparently you're playing the game for different reasons than I am. I'd go so far as to recommend that you try a Barbie fashion game because it would (ideally) offer more options for you and enable you to take even prettier screenshots.

It totally cuts of the immersion of the game if i have the option to easy access to stuff. I feel stupid by doing the hard way when was not necessary.
    Seriously? How is that immersive? In real life do you find yourself having to kill people in order to wear the latest fashions? I'm not one for fashion myself, but last time I checked you could purchase anything you want from the mall without having to jump through hoops. If you can't afford them you can always buy the fabrics yourself and make them. How is killing stuff in a game for clothes immersive?

"But, but what matters is the challange, not the reward!"

Then why do everyone cryes only about the rewards and its removal' -_- Dont lie to yourselfs. People are crying because of the removal of the rewards.
    So....it seems is NOT about the challange. Because if it was, no one would be complaining.
    For one, not "everyone cryes." Maybe a handful of players are up in arms about it. As far as I can tell the vast majority could care less. I personally am not complaining, but I acknowledge that it's silly to remove this specific content (i.e. the Challenge Mode dungeons) because they were initially designed to not ever be obsolete. The promise was that you could always come back to them in scaled down gear and enjoy the challenge again. This differs from a dungeon like Stormwind Stockades because you can go in there at level 90, pull aggro, AFK for ten minutes, and still be at full health when you return. The promise when Challenge Modes were first pitched was that we would always be able to come back to them and enjoy a challenge. Failing to adjust them in accordance with the item squish and stat changes feels like a betrayal of that promise. On that level I certainly see the issue. As far as their gear goes, however, I could care less.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2014-02-24 at 09:51 PM.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

The rewards should be removed if they're not going to tune them for level 100.

But the right thing to do is to tune them for level 100.

Putting them as rewards for anything else or selling them on the store is a lame shit idea along with every lame shit idea that has plagued this game since the retard revolution.

If mounts and titles are removed, then everything else should be removed as well.

This is literally the last thing that dedicated players can hold on to as their own. Literally it. Just let them have it, it's cosmetic, it doesn't change the game at all.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    This is literally the last thing that dedicated players can hold on to as their own. Literally it. Just let them have it, it's cosmetic, it doesn't change the game at all.
    Removing any content changes game.

No it shouldnt, lazy people like you should obtain them the hard way like everybody else.

Cant believe you rather sit online on MMO-C everyday moaning and complaining about something rather than do something about it when theres still time.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

Removing any content changes game.
    Yeah, keep the challenge modes at 90, but remove the rewards.
    I am the lucid dream

Mounts, gears, titles and everything is content. Everything that constitutes to the size of the game and is experienced in the game, is content.

Why do you think they need patch to remove items from the game? Its because they have to change the game.

Also if mounts and titles are removed then all loot should be removed. Why mounts are any different from gear? Gear also is representative of your achievement.
    Last edited by Cle; 2014-02-25 at 11:13 AM.

Mounts, gears, titles and everything is content. Everything that constitutes to the size of the game and is experienced in the game, is content.
    You can still do CM's now, stop being such an obnoxious little bitch about it already and do them instead.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

Why do you think they need patch to remove items from the game? Its because they have to change the game.

Also if mounts and titles are removed then all loot should be removed. Why mounts are any different from gear? Gear also is representative of your achievement.
    Semantics - how you look doesn't impact how you play or how the game interacts with you (at least in theory, I know some people who become quite the different player once they obtain certain items).

Mounts are generally different from gear because they are all identical in "power".
    I am the lucid dream