Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if you wanted the gear you would have it by now, you had over 1 year time to do challenge modes
    This. Game is 10 years old, you can't and won't always have everything you want, thats called life. Suck it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    If mounts are removed because of vanity of some elitist people, then by that logic gear should be removed also because why should people be able to get same gear easier?
    That gear will be irrelevant in coming patches/content, mounts/titles are timeless in that context so it should at least have some sense of prestige.

i like it. special stuff for people while the content is still "hard". Nothing worse than a solo guy killing bosses two expansions later and getting the same rewards.

It'll still be months before that crap goes away, it isn't disappearing until the pre-patch they launch right before WOD to update everything. Seeing as how WOD isn't even in beta yet... Yeah... It's gonna be a long ass time.

Any class armor in the world you actually WANTED to get, you could level that class from scratch, level 1, all the way to 90, get some 463 dungeon gear, coupled with a few odd JP epics, and a couple valor epics, and maybe a LFR drop or two (can run every single one of them since ilevel don't mean shit) and go clear 9/9 gold with your brand new alt and still have time to do the same thing numerous more times with even more alts.

People bitching about this are people who don't want to put any effort into anything and want it handed to them. Anyone complaining now about "missing their chance" for challenge mode armor who doesn't get it before it goes away put literally ZERO effort into obtaining it. Either that, or they are awful as hell and can't even get carried through there with a decent group without just flat out buying their runs.

The only thing I hope for is that eventually the mounts become account-wide so I can have all 4 on all my characters. Would be nice to have access to all the armor sets after doing 9/9 gold once on any char, but ultimately it doesn't matter because it isn't exactly hard to do. The only CM that is even remotely challenging is the brewery, the rest you can be a slackass, fuck up numerous times, even wipe, and still get gold.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

If mounts are removed because of vanity of some elitist people, then by that logic gear should be removed also because why should people be able to get same gear easier?
    No, you're still missing the logic bridge and falling into the crazy water. Gear effects the game and how it interacts with you, mounts do not - they are purely vanity items.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It is a double edged sword to say the least.

Things like achievement mounts that get removed are fairly cool. I think making them a .5% drop chance or something is probably better.

As for weapons/armour being removed I think its a good thing for challenge modes, as its a specific reward for those times. No doubt years down the line they make it available in some other fashion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    No, you're still missing the logic bridge and falling into the crazy water. Gear effects the game and how it interacts with you, mounts do not - they are purely vanity items.
    The argument for pro-item removal is that people should not get rewards from raids after they are current content, thus gear also must be removed from the game.

Restricting removing items at mounts does not make any sense. Gear is just as much representative of achievement as mounts are, and its not like people need to have old epics because they are irrelevant in new expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2014-02-25 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    The argument for pro-item removal is that people should not get rewards from raids after they are current content, thus gear also must be removed from the game.

Restricting removing items at mounts does not make any sense. Gear is just as much representative of achievement as mounts are.
    No its that titles/mounts would be removed, gear becomes irrelevant as new content comes but titles/mounts are timeless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    No its that titles/mounts would be removed, gear becomes irrelevant as new content comes but titles/mounts are timeless.
    It has no meaning in this debate, the whole basis for this argument is that items should be no longer obtainable when challenges get easier.

It has no meaning in this debate, the whole basis for this argument is that items should be no longer obtainable when challenges get easier.
    People would be just as content if the relative power of the items reduced as the challenge reduced. This already happens with gear as becomes less potent if you overgear it.

Since that's not possible for vanity items since their relative power remains constant throughout the games existence, the only option is to remove them.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    No, you got it wrong mr stubborn donkey.

My opinion is that titles and mount-rewards should be unobtainable when new content is released, gear is irrelevant because you allways get better gear in new patches.

Deleted
    Gear is not irrelevant

1. it is power boost for lower level players
    2. transmog

It is not blizzards fault that people always rush to play new and shiny dungeons, when they could raid at lvl60

In my opinion:

- Last boss Mount drop rate is 100% while Ahead of the Curve / Cutting Edge is obtainable (patch is current).
    - Titles are tied to Ahead of the Curve / Cutting Edge.

Other than that, people can go back there to do Transmog, Mount farm (capped at 2% drop rate), Achievement Runs (including mount from Glory of the Raider). There is a reason why "Hand of A'dal", "Champion of the Naaru", "Scarab Lord" and Realm First titles are much more impressive than "the Kingslayer". Anyone can go back to ICC now and faceroll our buddy Lich King. Even if back then you could have an easy time clearing it with 30% buff (it was 30% right?), it was still a bit of challenge compared to what it is today. Worst case, it meant you were there back then.

"Oh, look, this guy has Fearless title, he managed to clear Sha of Fear while it was challenging". I can't grasp the arguments against a design like this. If you care about that title/mount/exclusive reward, go for it while it's current. If you couldn't do it, I'm sorry, you can't win every time. Try harder to get next Tier title.

I'm all in for difficulty settings. They are a necessity because playerbase is composed by different style of players. What is challenging for you might not be challenging for me, but everyone should have a difficulty setting that fits their aims in-game. This doesn't imply that there shouldn't be exclusive rewards for the harder content.

Restricting content: No. (Well, stuff like Algalon, Sinestra, Rag Legs and Ra-den are exception, I consider them just an extra).
    Restricting rewards: Yes.

As far as Challenge Mode goes, I don't get all the whining. Just go there and get yours, so much time before it gets removed. Removing Challenge Mode isn't restricting content because you can still go there and do Stormstout Brewery anytime after WoD ships in. It just doesn't make sense to reward you for a Challenge Mode when there is no Challenge. It's inconsistent with what they have been doing with Titles, but it makes more sense overall, at least for me. Even if it was implemented a Level scaling to bring you back to 90, they would have to re-balance/re-design all MoP Challenge Modes to adapt to new class/mechanics changes coming in WoD. Again, I fail to grasp why this is so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    That's just your opinion.

I think the Ashbringer is more "timeless" than an ugly protodrake mount nobody uses except for the fact it's "rare".

Too much stuff always available = "No need to sub now, I can always sub next xpac"

Too little stuff always available = "there's nothing to do in this game"

Blizzard is just trying to balance that.

Deleted
    Gear is not irrelevant

1. it is power boost for lower level players
    2. transmog

It is not blizzards fault that people always rush to play new and shiny dungeons, when they could raid at lvl60
    I dont see old raid-gear getting removed so I dont know what you're on about anymore tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

I think the Ashbringer is more "timeless" than an ugly protodrake mount nobody uses except for the fact it's "rare".
    Ofcourse its my opinion, this is an internet-forum and everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    pls delete wow and put it on hiatus after paragon or method kill garrosh, oh and please remove all pvp gear and everything once people get r1 and hero

can't have someone having something that everyone else wants

godforbid people actually play.
    Well actually after Method/BL finish, nobody else can get World First or on those realms, Realm First.

But nobody is saying remove everything after the first people, they are saying remove stuff when it is no longer current.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

My Protodrake is not ugly! I have a few to choose from though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.
    Not sure if trolling. First, if you bought that mount, I would just laugh at you, then pity you. Where you given everything as a child?.... Are you a child?

Secondly. Why is it so hard to keep things unavailable.

thirdly. You pay 40 dollars to access leveling content, you then pay 15 dollars a month for "ACCESS" to servers, and a promise of timely patch releases. What you do with that time is up to you.

I don't go to disney and bitch that I didn't get to ride every ride with my day pass
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.