Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Aand then you do the CM's on that one as well? No real problem presented there either is it?
    Except that when they go away, you can't. It's fairly obvious that that was my point.

  2. #42
    Field Marshal Senjai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    They removed the naxx mounts because the challenge was to complete the raid without a single person dying. However, after two tiers of content, naxx (if it wasnt already) trivialized.

    Removed content is a trophy for those that did the content in its difficulties when it was relevant. No one complains about the removed pvp gear or mounts. Best thing to do is get over it =/
    Completing Naxx without a single person dying awarded "the Undying" title; the black/plagued proto-drakes were for completing the original Glory of the Raider 10/25. The mount rewards are a tradition they've continued through every single raid tier, but back then, their intention was to remove them after the content was trivial. The problem, though, was that they removed the black/plagued protos with little warning (maybe even none - I don't really remember, it was a long time ago) and the players, rightfully so, were upset. They promised that in the future, they would give ample warning when the Glory of the Ulduar Raider (the current tier at the time) mounts would be retired... but that day never came. They haven't removed any of the "Glory of" mounts since then, either, so the original two were available for a whopping 6(?) months before they were taken away. Blizzard, in typical fashion, didn't want to renege, and now the only way to get those mounts is a miniscule chance of one being in a BMAH container - which I think is total bullshit. Then again, I don't believe that anything should be removed from the game in the first place, at least regarding PvE content (excluding special events like Opening of the Dark Portal, Zombie Invasion, etc.)
    Last edited by Senjai; 2014-02-17 at 01:42 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziee View Post
    This.

    It took less than 6 hours for a group like ours to do all Gold, and none of us had any major experience with challenge modes except maybe some videos of the world best runs. Of course it helps to have a disc and a brewmaster monk in the group, at least it's faster and makes it somewhat easier
    They barely merged realms. The realm I'm in dropped to a Low population so I couldn't find anyone to do it. It's not the time that we had, but the amount of players that were willing to do it. Some players just have special snowflake syndrome.
    Last edited by Zelbert; 2014-02-17 at 01:43 AM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

    They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

    I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

    I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.
    Tbh I agree with you and i'm one of the people that typically likes that some things are exclusive.

    Players need more incentives to actually do content outside of the main game, and things like this are exactly that. Obviously it would have to be tuned properly but yeah, if they can manage to tune it I don't see why they shouldn't keep it in.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    I just wish the mounts were account wide that way I'd feel like doing it again with other characters to get the other 3.
    I'm of a differing opinion-- I wish there was a way to get the other three mounts on the same character.

  6. #46
    The thing that boggles my mind about the Challenge Mode stuff is the fact that it was self balancing since the dungeons automatically reduce your stats down to a certain ilvl. It's just Blizzard being Blizzard and I would be willing to bet we see the armors show up on the cash shop, since they've said they wanted to start adding mog only gear to that, but with different colors.

  7. #47
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,682
    Cant help but feel the item squish has something to do with this and the added hassle of balancing the stats to keep it competitive so they just said fuck it.

  8. #48
    The Patient Kanegasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Well. If the challenge mode armour becomes a "Rare drop" from somewhere, that means someone insanely lucky will have the same mark as someone who worked hard and excelled at their class to obtain it. And doing so as a Hearthstone card is just as bad, if not worse, that it could potentially be obtained by someone who perhaps plays HS and not WoW, thus rendering it worthless. Imagine the thought of someone who obtains the armour, only to realise people are throwing it out. That's a bit off.

    And I guess in retrospect, some things deserve to be old, special and, yes, even prestigious (as far as prestige goes in a game). You still have a chance to earn it yourself, after all.
    While your explanation makes sense, it's that kind of mentality that I personally, and probably OP as well, hates. It is commonly known as "Special Snowflake Syndrome (SSS)" where something obtained in a game has value placed on it equal to how it was obtained. Blizzard could literally put a picture of a pile of feces in the game, make it the hardest thing to obtain, and it will be enshrined by SSS sufferers. I value pixels based on their look. Yea, I have 130 kills racked up on Kael'thas so far, but not because that damn bird is rare, but because it's the best looking mount in the game. I would be ecstatic to have it even if Blizzard decided to give it to everyone, including as a welcome gift to new level ones.

  9. #49
    I strongly oppose removing things from the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Thankfully, you must earn some things.
    Being in the right place at the right time isn't earning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Only thing that pisses me off about the whole challenge modes being removed thing is that Balance Druids are very hard to play with such gimped stats right now and not a lot of people want them in a team. Only way I can get into groups is if I join my friend who's a tank. I've tried on multiple occasions to get into a group but it's just not happening and respecing is a big ordeal and I am terrible at healing.

    So now I can't even wait it out and hope Boomkin gets some fixing so they aren't so gear dependent like they are now.

    My only other choice is to pay a group to get me the gear but those go for a minimum of 80k on my server...

    I know other Balance druids have got their gear/mounts but in my situation it's most likely not going to happen.
    how is gear dependency an issue in challenge modes?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjai View Post
    Completing Naxx without a single person dying awarded "the Undying" title; the black/plagued proto-drakes were for completing the original Glory of the Raider 10/25. The mount rewards are a tradition they've continued through every single raid tier, but back then, their intention was to remove them after the content was trivial. The problem, though, was that they removed the black/plagued protos with little warning (maybe even none - I don't really remember, it was a long time ago) and the players, rightfully so, were upset. They promised that in the future, they would give ample warning when the Glory of the Ulduar Raider (the current tier at the time) mounts would be retired... but that day never came. They haven't removed any of the "Glory of" mounts since then, either, so the original two were available for a whopping 6(?) months before they were taken away. Blizzard, in typical fashion, didn't want to renege, and now the only way to get those mounts is a miniscule chance of one being in a BMAH container - which I think is total bullshit. Then again, I don't believe that anything should be removed from the game in the first place, at least regarding PvE content (excluding special events like Opening of the Dark Portal, Zombie Invasion, etc.)
    Winning a Black or Plagued Drake from the BMAH requires more effort than winning it back in the day ever did.

    Removal of items has never been about difficulty, it has always been about timing. Took a break from WoW while something was available? Too bad. Joined WoW after it was removed? Too bad.

    It's lame.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    The thing that boggles my mind about the Challenge Mode stuff is the fact that it was self balancing since the dungeons automatically reduce your stats down to a certain ilvl. It's just Blizzard being Blizzard and I would be willing to bet we see the armors show up on the cash shop, since they've said they wanted to start adding mog only gear to that, but with different colors.
    Apparently the stat and balance changes in WoD are going to make it really hard to adjust the CM scaling. But I would prefer they invest the time rather than just retire them.

    At least make the old CM sets obtainable in the new CMs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  12. #52
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I'm of a differing opinion-- I wish there was a way to get the other three mounts on the same character.
    I wish the mounts were account-wide but required a flying skill that each specific character learns by doing all silvers.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if you wanted the gear you would have it by now, you had over 1 year time to do challenge modes
    If the mounts were account wide and not character bound I'd have gotten those within the first month. As it is I'm having a hard time going out of my way to finish the golds I do have because:

    1. I don't enjoy the dungeons that came with MoP
    2. They aren't that hard as Silver is pretty much guaranteed as long as you don't wipe.

    Might just drop 200k-300k to get the mounts on my alts just to have them by the next expansion in case they ever do become account wide.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    snip
    This Armors are epic! They have unique animations when you /emote and when you do abilities! They are awesome and their supposed to represent your dedication and skil to the game.

    snip
    Oh yeah, reason 3 why I haven't really done Challenge Modes: The gear is mostly worthless for any Druid specialization that isn't Restoration or Balance with the minor glyph that lets you see your gear.

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,682
    The only decent set imo is the hunter one which i have the rest can rot on the rack inside the shrine for all i care

    It does seem baffling that a feature that automatically nerfs your toon so you dont outgear it is getting removed but like i pointed out this sounds like blizz laziness again cause of the added trouble in redoing the challenge modes to suit the new stats and the stat squish.

    Maybe iam wrong on that i usually am

  15. #55
    Is this really an issue? Over a 10 year game they have removed like 10 items/mounts/titles that people actually care about. If anything, you should stop complaining and be happy that Blizzard doesn't remove every single title / mount / achievement from content when it isn't current anymore.

    Get off your ass and do some CMs. They aren't even hard if you know how to play your class and have some friends, you can get 9/9 gold in 1 weekend with people who haven't done them before, and you can do it in 1 night if you have an experienced group. Like 8/9 titles for server first CMs suck anyways, so who cares. You have 6 months to do it, and Blizzard gave you warning. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

    There is a good reason they are removing CMs. If you have done Herald of the Titans pre-Cata and have done it post-Cata, you know why. With all the talents and class changes, old content becomes trivial. It would not be a matter of just keeping CMs in the game and pretending the new stats (which you could find on any of the new gear), trinkets, lack of Hit/Expertise, new gems, new enchants, any 1-90 talent changes, new glyphs, etc wouldn't change anything. They would be a complete joke in WoD. If you didn't play in MoP (which, considering you are posting on MMO-C, chances are you do, even if you say you don't) then tough, too bad you have 1 less armor set to choose from out for transmog of the hundreds that are already available.

    Blizzard makes a lot of stupid decisions that you can complain about. To complain about this is simply nitpicky and childish. Man up and go spend the next week (since that is all it takes) doing CMs on all your chars, and then you are done.

  16. #56
    i agree its a game not RL, no need to take things out, all mounts and items should still be around in game imo. :/ I have a few titles and items you can't get anymore do they make me feel special or prestigious nope... Sucks for those that just didnt play that early, or life kept them from doing X at the time X was current. the ONLY things they should do that would be rare / special snow flak should be rewards to long time players like veteran of the first war, Outlands survivor, Northrend crusader, Survivor of the cataclysm, and Panderian savior .. for titles. (yes i know vanilla wasnt the first war).

    spelling: to damn tired to check.

  17. #57
    Pit Lord Gerbert the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA OF AMERICA
    Posts
    2,424
    I have none of the rare stuff that's been taken out of the game, but I like that they do it for things sometimes. Maybe it's because I am 34, but I realize nobody is entitled to everything, and sometimes some things suck...this is life. Just because I paid for a car it doesn't in turn entitle me to be able to drive it 100 miles an hour on every street...even though I paid to have a car that can do it. Just because laws stop me from doing something I technically in way paid to be able to do doesn't make me never want to drive again. The only thing Blizz has done that made me mad in this sense is when they stopped with the pvp ranking system in vanilla. I was literally probably only 8-10 hours from having the second to highest rank on the day they took it away...but it is also my fault for not getting it on time as well. You had a year or so to get the challenge armor. You don't deserve it now that time is up, and you certainly don't deserve it being level 100 and running the challenge modes.
    "【A Chinese viewpoint on the new version:MOP】
    since we have lived in a world filled with magic and beast and lots of culture,so it is reasonable to let all kinds of culture come into World of Warcraft
    Orc:black people Jazz
    Gorblin:Israel Jews (No offensive,Gorblins are good at making money,that's ture in my eyes)"

  18. #58
    Do you want Blizzard to make stuff unavailable or do you want a new raid tier?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Except that when they go away, you can't. It's fairly obvious that that was my point.
    A good thing theres still time to complete them then, isnt it?

    I dont understand why you're complaining about this now, when theres still time to gather friends&groups for it?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    The thing that boggles my mind about the Challenge Mode stuff is the fact that it was self balancing since the dungeons automatically reduce your stats down to a certain ilvl. It's just Blizzard being Blizzard and I would be willing to bet we see the armors show up on the cash shop, since they've said they wanted to start adding mog only gear to that, but with different colors.
    You get new spells and skills in WoD and no more hit rating and other changes would make current Challenge Modes trivial compared to now.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •