Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I wish they would make a few more things limited to a certain time. Now you have one or two things in an expansion and there isn't any rhyme or reason to why they pick that and not other things. I would rather them bump up the amount of things they do so each tier or major patch has something big or small. For many players this wouldn't effect them really, but for the special snowflake crowds they could get their items and be happy with it. If nothing else it would add a little more uniqueness back to the game, now everybody can have almost everything. In some ways that is great but it muddles the game some too.
    We'll see if they continue it in WoD, but if they continue to have heroic and mythic only mounts off the final boss off every tier (as replacement for flex glory achieves), that would be a welcome change. And have them go away at the end of the tier or go 1%. (Or more likely end of xpac like with rag mount)

  2. #82
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,345
    I was really disappointed that they said they're removing challenge mode stuff but only because I didn't do it - because I thought they weren't going to. Just thought they were going to make it so you scale down. At this point it's pretty much going to be impossible to find a solid gold run group, even though I have plenty in my guild. No one is going to want to run with people that have never done it. And last time I checked, people want insane amounts of gold or real money for full gold runs. Once people have their core group, it's pretty much gg for anyone else, lol.

    I didn't want to spend the last months of MoP playing hardcore, I just returned after a few month break so I want to play more casual. But I REALLY want those rewards and on more than one toon
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  3. #83
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,041
    to the people that ask why cant blizzard re balance everything reading the blue post will make all things clear
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I was really disappointed that they said they're removing challenge mode stuff but only because I didn't do it - because I thought they weren't going to. Just thought they were going to make it so you scale down. At this point it's pretty much going to be impossible to find a solid gold run group, even though I have plenty in my guild. No one is going to want to run with people that have never done it. And last time I checked, people want insane amounts of gold or real money for full gold runs. Once people have their core group, it's pretty much gg for anyone else, lol.

    I didn't want to spend the last months of MoP playing hardcore, I just returned after a few month break so I want to play more casual. But I REALLY want those rewards and on more than one toon
    You have months to do it, and there's plenty of groups on Open Raid and OQ that don't require experience. The Drakes had a much shorter window not to mention required a guild essentially or lots of gold.

    You have plenty of time to farm the 100-200k gold for carries.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-02-17 at 11:27 PM.

  5. #85
    Simple solution, scale them to level 90 at the appropriate ilevel. There's already scaling in place, adding some more shouldn't be that hard.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    We'll see if they continue it in WoD, but if they continue to have heroic and mythic only mounts off the final boss off every tier (as replacement for flex glory achieves), that would be a welcome change. And have them go away at the end of the tier or go 1%. (Or more likely end of xpac like with rag mount)
    I don't care if it is something that only the top 1% of raiders get or something like that. Just something that is note worthy to some degree and has a limited window to get, how hard it is to get takes a back seat to that. It doesn't even have to be mounts, something like the arcanite ripper or the vampire bat are good examples.
    Last edited by Tyrven; 2014-02-17 at 11:32 PM.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  7. #87
    rare from the end of a dungeon bag/LFR is still shit pointless, since both are simply your time + rng, no skill req.

    i can queue as healer for 5mans, then SHIT all over the place as elemental carrying the group, should i be able to get unavailable items because i did a 5 man with 140 item levels too much?

  8. #88
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    Simple solution, scale them to level 90 at the appropriate ilevel. There's already scaling in place, adding some more shouldn't be that hard.
    challenge Modes are designed to offer as close to a “normalized” difficulty as possible, and they’re tuned to be tough to master. With Warlords of Draenor’s class changes, itemization changes (e.g. the removal of Hit and Expertise), and—of course—increased level cap on the horizon, the difficulty of Mists of Pandaria’s dungeons will no longer be tuned the same as they were. In the spirit of fair play, when the aforementioned patch is released a little while before the new expansion launches, the current slate of Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available, and the achievements they award will be converted to Feats of Strength. The reward items will still be available for purchase by those who qualified prior to the end of the season, but it will not be possible for new players to earn those rewards going forward.


    quoted from the blue since no one ever reads
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Ofc, the LFR-colored gear will all be essentially unobtainable as well and no one is making long winded complaints about that. (I get the difference in that CM gear is unique, but its essentially the same thing)
    There's a pretty big difference between limiting recolors of a tier but leaving in two other colors of that tier, and removing 11 completely unique sets with completely unique effects, and 4 mounts. I don't even mind the removal from the point of view that people deserve recognition for their accomplishments. I just have a massive amount of displeasure for the fact that they are removing 11 amazing looking full sets that could have been used for transmog--and removing that opportunity from EVERYONE.

    It isn't just people who are bad and couldn't get the sets in time who are losing out. You could be the world's single best player at your class, be in the core raid team for one of the top five raiding guilds in the world--And if you make a new character: GG, you've instantly lost out on the potential to get a cool looking transmog set and a mount.

    It's pretty stupid. I don't mind if they make the pieces for your class each a 0.01% drop chance off of pandaria 5-man heroic bosses (meaning getting the full set would be effectively impossible and could take years and years as each piece is a 1/10000). But just removing things completely from the game is retarded.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    Simple solution, scale them to level 90 at the appropriate ilevel. There's already scaling in place, adding some more shouldn't be that hard.
    don't be stupid please, if you think all the specs will remain the same dps/utility in WoD as they are now just by scaling back to 100, that's crazy thinking, some abilities will go, some will have new scaling, or change how they work altogether, then suddenly people will be scaled to 90 and their spec changes massively? how are they supposed to know what the fuck is going on.

    like elemental it's currently balanced around being level 90, it doesn't work as a level 85 anymore, it's dps is utterly shit, it needs ascendance from level 87 to work, if you got all the 85's in full BiS and went dragon soul, elemental is like 35% dps behind hunters/rogues on single target.

    so i expect at 100 classes will get super important abilities on the way to 100 that is required for their spec to be competitive that's pretty damn hard to rebalance back down to 90 for every spec.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It's like you aren't listening at all.



    I will make characters even after WoD launches because I like leveling and gearing new characters from scratch.
    It doesnt matter does it? If you so badly need to have the CM-set on all characters you would've already had those classes at 90 now ready for it.

    Instead of whining, level your characters you want the set on to 90 find CM-groups via Openraid/Oqueue/Craigslist(?) and just do it.

    There you have it

    And you've had as of today over a year to get your golds so start doing them now instead of crying
    Last edited by Trollfaced; 2014-02-17 at 11:43 PM.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  12. #92
    No, I am actually tired of seeing people with mounts and titles they got after the content was current. Making things only obtainable while it is current and not a tier later will motivate people to actually do things outside LFR.

  13. #93
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,276
    They should keep removing them, easy as that.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  14. #94
    Insert tinfoil hat here...

    But with the transmog head items they released on the shop I'm curious if it was a possible thing to look into seeing if people would be willing to buy transmog based gear. Now bear with me here, what if there's a possibility that the CM sets will be put up on the shop?

    Now I for one who have no problem with that. Playing SWTOR, SWG, and even GW they had that. Now I know people would be in an uproar if they did, seeing as how people have reacted to the Lv90 thing.

    I do believe it would be nice to still obtain the gear though, since let's say down the line I make a new character, another shaman, and I want that set for my Alliance toon as well. Having things like the Darkmoon Fair, make the ticket requirement high, since obviously it keeps people subbed to the game to work on it, and inevitably be a longer grind then the few hours it takes to actually get the whole set.

    Just food for thought...

  15. #95
    IMO they should rebalance the challenge mode pandaria dungeons, to WoD ones. That way we could still gather those rewards, still be challenging and a content that is hard forever. They should do this with every new challenge mode, rebalance them for the next exp. That way we could have TONS of challenge mode and thing to do on every expansion.

    Example: on wow 7th expansion we could have:

    Pandaria challenge modes (Still hard and same rewards.)
    WoD challenges
    6th EXP challenges
    7th EXP challenges.

    Imagine what an amazing content we 5man players would have!

  16. #96
    What I'd really like to know is if they are ever going to share the mounts account wide (as in do I need three alts with silvers or will the character I main only ever have the one mount)?

  17. #97
    Brewmaster Desareon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between Time-Space & Space-Time
    Posts
    1,299
    Because enough awesome shit has been given to players on a silver plate. I don' EVER expect to get things like super rare mounts, or old titles, because I never worked for it. As cool as they are, it just wouldn't be the same if I got them from a bag, or buying it online. Just like in real life. If you don't work for it, you don't get it. So, get over it.

  18. #98
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    380
    Its to encourage people to play more.

    OR in other words

    "Act now and get this limited edition super special awesome thing! Act now while supplies last or you could miss out on this once in a lifetime chance!"

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

    They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

    I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

    I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.
    Or you could go get the achievements and rewards while they are available. If you aren't playing now, good. Stay away. I hate that "everyone should be a winner" mentality that half destroyed the game. Blizz has slowly been fixing some of their errors. Not sure we need guys like you coming back and crying about not getting everything handed to you as long as you pay enough.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There's a pretty big difference between limiting recolors of a tier but leaving in two other colors of that tier, and removing 11 completely unique sets with completely unique effects, and 4 mounts. I don't even mind the removal from the point of view that people deserve recognition for their accomplishments. I just have a massive amount of displeasure for the fact that they are removing 11 amazing looking full sets that could have been used for transmog--and removing that opportunity from EVERYONE.

    It isn't just people who are bad and couldn't get the sets in time who are losing out. You could be the world's single best player at your class, be in the core raid team for one of the top five raiding guilds in the world--And if you make a new character: GG, you've instantly lost out on the potential to get a cool looking transmog set and a mount.

    It's pretty stupid. I don't mind if they make the pieces for your class each a 0.01% drop chance off of pandaria 5-man heroic bosses (meaning getting the full set would be effectively impossible and could take years and years as each piece is a 1/10000). But just removing things completely from the game is retarded.
    Do I think they could handle it better? Ofc. There isn't much continuity to their decisions. It feels all completely random. (Eg, pvp mounts not being account bound but heroic only mounts are) But having somethings being rare and exclusive is good. Having something that is easily obtainable to most isn't very interesting. Things that stand out? T3 armor, pre launch event items, DS LFR gear and Wrath pvp weapons. Things that don't? T13 warrior armor.

    This whole thing is more mindset than anything. For example: tomorrow the Tyrannical pvp armor and weapons? Gone. Possibly forever like the Wrath pvp weapons. LFR armor being removed essentially, it does actually matter to people. Might not be as many people, but it does. And most importantly: its not like anyone is able to acquire everything they want even if its available.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-02-18 at 01:36 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •