Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

How is it so hard for Blizzard to stop making stuff unavailable?

The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

They should make all this stuff reavailable but as a very insanely extreme rare drop from somewhere. Either from a bag you get at the end of every dungeons or raid or perhaps even as a near-nonexistent drop from those card packs you get in Hearthstone in the form of loot cards, but hey thats just an idea.

I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off, why should I play this game when that kind of thing will just happen again and again? I mean I'm not playing this game just to see people with these kind of thing in a "you can't have that anymore I have it you don't trollolol" stance. It pissed me off so much when I was only an achivement away from getting the Black Proto-drake, my favorite mount, back when the new version of Naxx came out.

I'm willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks to get that thing if Blizzard is reading this, I'm serious.

Deleted
    Well. If the challenge mode armour becomes a "Rare drop" from somewhere, that means someone insanely lucky will have the same mark as someone who worked hard and excelled at their class to obtain it. And doing so as a Hearthstone card is just as bad, if not worse, that it could potentially be obtained by someone who perhaps plays HS and not WoW, thus rendering it worthless. Imagine the thought of someone who obtains the armour, only to realise people are throwing it out. That's a bit off.

And I guess in retrospect, some things deserve to be old, special and, yes, even prestigious (as far as prestige goes in a game). You still have a chance to earn it yourself, after all.

Thankfully, you must earn some things. And thankfully you must earn some thing when they are available and more importantly balanced.

It sucks. It sucks for everyone honestly. I'd like the armor on all of my classes, but I'm going to miss out on most of them as will most people.

One day you'll earn something that later gets taken away, and you'll feel great you were there when it happened and no one can ever get it again.

I wouldn't hold my breath however, expect the mounts and armor to start appearing on the Black Market Auction House in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    Well. If the challenge mode armour becomes a "Rare drop" from somewhere, that means someone insanely lucky will have the same mark as someone who worked hard and excelled at their class to obtain it
    Except, you can buy a Challenge Mode boost and you don't even need the Server/World best time. You just need Gold which is fairly doable once you've done a few trial runs and you're playing with people who aren't derpy fucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Except, you can buy a Challenge Mode boost and you don't even need the Server/World best time. You just need Gold which is fairly doable once you've done a few trial runs and you're playing with people who aren't derpy fucks.
    A point I will concede to. But the majority of the suits, I wager, (Hope?) are earned through effort and skill. I wish it was as easy as you make it out, but it seems I suffer from terribly bad luck with my CM groups.

Only thing that pisses me off about the whole challenge modes being removed thing is that Balance Druids are very hard to play with such gimped stats right now and not a lot of people want them in a team. Only way I can get into groups is if I join my friend who's a tank. I've tried on multiple occasions to get into a group but it's just not happening and respecing is a big ordeal and I am terrible at healing.

So now I can't even wait it out and hope Boomkin gets some fixing so they aren't so gear dependent like they are now.

My only other choice is to pay a group to get me the gear but those go for a minimum of 80k on my server...

I know other Balance druids have got their gear/mounts but in my situation it's most likely not going to happen.

Imagine, they remove something because its likely to become stupidly easy..
    So, instead of whining, maybe you could go do some CMs before they are "unobtainable"

10+ Year Old Account
    if you wanted the gear you would have it by now, you had over 1 year time to do challenge modes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Only thing that pisses me off about the whole challenge modes being removed thing is that Balance Druids are very hard to play with such gimped stats right now and not a lot of people want them in a team. Only way I can get into groups is if I join my friend who's a tank. I've tried on multiple occasions to get into a group but it's just not happening and respecing is a big ordeal and I am terrible at healing.

So now I can't even wait it out and hope Boomkin gets some fixing so they aren't so gear dependent like they are now.

My only other choice is to pay a group to get me the gear but those go for a minimum of 80k on my server...

I know other Balance druids have got their gear/mounts but in my situation it's most likely not going to happen.
    Just go another spec. Its not like you need great gear and what spec you clear it as doesn't matter.

For example I'm currently clearing them with guild as Ele spec on my shaman even though I'm MS Enhance. Ele is just too good to pass up and I don't need great gear.

It's no where near as bad as Guild Wars 2's "Living Story" model causes, at the moment. Sometimes things are only available for one month and then they're gone for an indeterminate amount of time.

That and you still have months to get a set.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Just go another spec. Its not like you need great gear and what spec you clear it as doesn't matter.

For example I'm currently clearing them with guild as Ele spec on my shaman even though I'm MS Enhance. Ele is just too good to pass up and I don't need great gear.
    So if I just picked up some timeless isle gear and use that it would suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if you wanted the gear you would have it by now, you had over 1 year time to do challenge modes
    I wouldn't go that far. At least for my guild, most were probably going to get them after we cleared heroic Garrosh or right before xpac launch, they just take time.

Having said that, everyone has been given plenty of warning. Everyone who really wants them will be able to get them in time. Either farm lots of gold or start doing a few a week. Even at clearing 2 a week you have loads of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    So if I just picked up some timeless isle gear and use that it would suffice?
    Yes (though I'd recommend gear with gem slots but its not that big of a difference), as long as it has 2 stars on it (single stat items have less overall stats).

I'm running as Ele with a good amount of TI gear and heroic dungeon gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind that Blizzard remove rewards that require some effort for their time, but I wish they were consistent about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    The Black and Plagued Proto-Drake, Corrupted Ashbringer, Old Zul'Gurub mounts, Atiesh... now they remove the challenge mode gear, mounts and, to a certain lesser extend, the title? They said themselves that they hate removing things from the game, they even said that they regretted removing the Naxx meta mounts, but it seems like they don't even listen to themselves.

I was thinking about coming back to this game but this is just turning me off.
    LoL again...people crying because they don't have access to 100% of the content of World of Warcraft...omg whats the deal man?
    This Armors are epic! They have unique animations when you /emote and when you do abilities! They are awesome and their supposed to represent your dedication and skil to the game.

Being able to wear this items is an experience in itself. Is epic! ITS NOT SUPOSED TO SEE EVERY PERSON WALKING THE STREETS with frign challenger mode transmogs man! That would be stupid and meaningless to wear it.

This turns you off so you wont came back to the game? What's the matter? Are the amazing looking epic tiers in LFR not good enough for you? Now you want easy access to challenger modes?
    You are ruining the last drop of incentive there is in this game after LFR by making this gear accessible to the masses.
    Stop crying about the epics you cant get easily (almost afk).

You can always have the challenger modes of Draenor if you come back -_-
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-02-16 at 09:26 PM.

I like them removing things since it shows you earned it.

What I dislike is that things aren't unlocked to account. I really wish currencies and all achievements were unlocked to the account - and in some cases I wish rep was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    This.

It took less than 6 hours for a group like ours to do all Gold, and none of us had any major experience with challenge modes except maybe some videos of the world best runs. Of course it helps to have a disc and a brewmaster monk in the group, at least it's faster and makes it somewhat easier

Does this mean they should consider putting all glad mounts back into the game in some capacity? That even sounds like a terrible idea typing it out but yet you are asking for the PvE equivalent of that.

Well, with the way the scaling works, I dont see why they couldnt keep the mists challenge modes in game. Just scale the players to that exact level and stats and have at it. The problem is that there is system involved with it. Whose going to care about level 90 content at 100 and why should they leave that residual system in place?

They removed the naxx mounts because the challenge was to complete the raid without a single person dying. However, after two tiers of content, naxx (if it wasnt already) trivialized.

Removed content is a trophy for those that did the content in its difficulties when it was relevant. No one complains about the removed pvp gear or mounts. Best thing to do is get over it =/

I'm probably in the minority here but I like when they don't make things available anymore. Prime example being my Swift Zulian Tiger, nobody can get that mount anymore and I will always have it... I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I like when they don't make things available anymore. Prime example being my Swift Zulian Tiger, nobody can get that mount anymore and I will always have it... I like that.
    Don't worry, sooner or later it will be added to the BMAH. Strictly objectively spoken, there's no reason why it shouldn't, seeing which other mounts/things can be bought there. :P