Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hit n run spec in pvp

Next season i plan on spamming honor points to fully gear up in grievous gear and gemmed and enchanted. Will be doing some Wpvp but mostly just random BGs. Which spec will do best with doing like massive burst in a few seconds then getting the hell out of there? Was thinking of sub at first but not sure how much crit they gain in full griev gear and it might be abit unreliable if its still a low chance. Then there is combat but only happens with CDs every 2-3 minutes or something. I think sub has the advantage of bursting more often 1-3 min CDs.

I think Combat relies too much on PvE trinkets (cooldown reduction), not sure how well that works scaled down in BGs. Other than that I think for pure burst it'd be a Mastery-heavy sub?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I think Combat relies too much on PvE trinkets (cooldown reduction), not sure how well that works scaled down in BGs. Other than that I think for pure burst it'd be a Mastery-heavy sub?
    Mastery heavy sub will have a very powerful opener, but combat is also strong... I think Woundman is like top 1 rogue in 2s and he is playing combat since the start of the season...

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat is for noobs, go sub if you want to get the most out of the rogue class. Rogues are all about cooldowns, any spec is decent at burst when you have all your cooldowns up.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkerzlol View Post
    Combat is for noobs, go sub if you want to get the most out of the rogue class. Rogues are all about cooldowns, any spec is decent at burst when you have all your cooldowns up.
    I know but i dont care about getting the most of out it. I just wanna gank n run like i said.

Deleted
    Go sub. Today I killed somebody 5 times in just an opener in Deepwind Gorge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing's going to feel super "hit and run" while you run around in old season gear. I would definitely put sub over combat because combat's burst has a very specific burst window that will probably leave you looking stupid until your CDs are up. Sub's burst revolves around much shorter CDs.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

I mean, it depends on the window. This sounds like sub should be your go to choice, but if you want to open and killing spree a low target then vanish, stack mastery, go two slow weapons, and have a second monitor with princess peach in a bathing suit so you can have something to stare at while waiting for spree to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    open and killing spree a low target then vanish
    I mean yeah this is what i primarily want to do. Pick off low health targets, turn fights into 2v1, massacre the 10 stack FC. Ya know that sorta thing.

Deleted
    premed > snd > blades > cs > gar> ambush> evis > mfd> evis> dance>cs> ambush>evis>ambush>ambush, and like this you'll kill someone in a stunlock every 3 min

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei2457 View Post
    premed > snd > blades > cs > gar> ambush> evis > mfd> evis> dance>cs> ambush>evis>ambush>ambush, and like this you'll kill someone in a stunlock every 3 min
    Shouldn't that first Ambush be a Backstab? Ambush without Dance kills your energy.

Deleted
    Sub without question really. Without the damage bonus from sinister strike, killing spree isn't even that great.

Can't really beat killing spree for burst atm. In PvE + AoC combat has KS up under a minute each time so you use it all the time but in PvP your energy regen is shit and you don't get to spam evis like you do in PvE so you pretty much can kill someone every 2 minutes. Meanwhile with sub you'll have dance every min so ya. Pick and chose but combat is fun to killing spree someone to death!

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    this is what i primarily want to do. Pick off low health targets, turn fights into 2v1, massacre the 10 stack FC.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCz View Post
    Go sub. Today I killed somebody 5 times in just an opener
    Rogues ladies and gentlemen.

We're not doing this. Any posts in this style moving forward will be considered spam or trolling. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-02-18 at 08:35 PM.

You play Sub or you get farmed, in most cases.

Sub's opener damage is horrendously out of control (I main a rogue, 2k in 3's last season playing Feral/Rogue/Disc, HWL/HotH in previous seasons. I hate my class's damage and play style right now). ShD + Blades = Congratulations, you win. Subterfuge is a mini Shadow Dance on every Vanish/re-Stealth. Rogue "tricks" in the past (Vanishing a Death Coil/Blind, Sapping off a Blind/Redirected Kidney Shot during Shadow Dance, etc.) either don't exist or tend to not matter now, since you're probably playing with a mage and going to get the kill anyway.

Rogues are dumb right now. Nerf the damage, fix the level 30 talents (Nerve Strike nerf justified, CR and Cheat Death are still trash), remove Burst of Speed, remove Elusiveness, give rogues a real "Shield Wall" (CR is trash, did I mention this?) and make Recuperate relative but not overpowered.

Oh, and play Sub, if I didn't make that clear already. If you're ganking on Timeless Isle, get the shrine and other buffs, and you can kill someone before your Dance ends, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if I can post liks here, but anyway, if you plan on going combat, go check woundman's past broadcasts, its worth it.

If you're doing world PvP, Combat is pretty decent. With 4pc+Ticking Ebon+2x2.6 weapons, you can global anyone. Just CS > SnD > KSp. The only way they'll live is if they trinket and immunity.

However, you can do the same thing as Sub without CDs. Just Premed > SnD > CS > Garrote > Amb > Evisc > MfD > Evisc. If you get caught out of stealth, blow SD+SB and do the same thing. I do this all day on the isle.

If you're doing actual PvP, I can't really speak to that. I hate how rogues play in PvP in MoP, so I've stopped doing it.

I'm going to continue to recommend combat to OP based on his preferred playstyle and goals. Double slow weapon for bigger sprees.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I'm going to continue to recommend combat to OP based on his preferred playstyle and goals. Double slow weapon for bigger sprees.
    Well the new season has started. Griev being honor now i can try sub and combat i guess but i *might* do a few arenas just to get towards the goal for unlocking the season weapons, but would buy them as daggers > one handers.

I do not understand what you are saying.

If you want to run sub or mutilate, you should get two daggers ASAP. If you want to run combat, you should get two slow weapons ASAP.