Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    So it looks like 2 days until the beginning of the new season. How many of the 700-900k HP PvE geared world pvpers are going to go back to queuing from cities like they used to in every year past once they can't just faceroll people with little to no effort?
    Nah, I'll still roam around and kill horde with my 574 druid Its just going to take a little longer.

I'm seeing a lot of PVPers referring to PVE "rotations".....

Doesn't help your credibility

Actually in a AV but I stood (in ghost form) on a prowling feral druid guarding North Bunker for 3 min and when 20 sec was left and all other horde had left a rogue sapped him (rogue could see druid since my ghost revealed his location) and then I recapped while rogue CC'd him
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice logic OP. You define yourself as a PvPer, and thus you must be 1337, and if someone beats you, it is only because of their gear, because you are a mighty PvPer.

And it's not like you just gained 30 item levels overnight. Doesn't full conquest gear take many, many weeks to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    There's a misconception here that heroic raiders can't get pvp gear. PvP gear is welfare gear and if you don't think a heroic raider who spends 20+ hours a week on this game can't win 10 2's games a week, then you're an idiot.
    That's gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Nice logic OP. You define yourself as a PvPer, and thus you must be 1337, and if someone beats you, it is only because of their gear, because you are a mighty PvPer.

And it's not like you just gained 30 item levels overnight. Doesn't full conquest gear take many, many weeks to get?
    Let's just say he'll need 13 resets (12 resets is 600 short from full gear).

hello i am pve hero i am incapable of being good in pvp

jk im better than 90% of the pvp heros here bye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Raids are rigid environment, bosses are scripted and they always have the same phases. Minor differences can be between encounters, but mainly players always know what they need to do, there is no split second decisions and gameplay changes like in pvp. In raids, the whole encounter is planned before engagement and it must be done flawlessly.

Raiding does not prepare players for pvp at all, they might be good players because generally heroic raiders are people who are willing to learn their classes, so they learn how to pvp.

It makes more sense, that if pvp gear is easier to get, then it should be the better gear for world pvp so players have more equal chance at world pvp. If heroic raid gear is the choice for world pvp, but it requires alot more work and time, it is not fair at all.
    If you really think there's no split decisions to be made in PvE (talking Heroic content pre-nerf), you're sadly mistaken and honestly just a bit of a joke. Sure the bosses are scripted and people memorize when to do what. But there's still the element of RNG, that's what makes it a lot harder. Also, knowing when and how to do something isn't always going to save you.

Have you ever seen a fight like Heroic Siegecrafter on 25 man? Or Heroic Malkorok on 25 man? The amount of shit that goes on in those fights..... Malkorok - entire room full of shitty orbs that you can't run into cause you know - standing in fire is bad. At the same time having to move to soak swirly puddles within a few seconds or the entire raid wipes. On top of that you might be lucky and have an add spawn on you, slowing you until it's dead or away from you. Knowing what to do when in such a situation will do you nothing.

I'm not going to claim, that either is harder than the other. But I will claim, that the 2 just can't be compared. It's a completely different mindset and if you can't realize that, you're most likely not as skilled as you wanna pretend you are.

About PvP on the Timeless Isle: PvP geared players are a joke for me to kill, simply because I'm 577 ilvl. But if I meet an equally geared PvE player, I lose unless I'm actually better (sometimes more lucky with procs).