Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Challenge mode's gear

Are they taking them the next patch or when WoD hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they will be removed in a patch right before WoD launches, it will not be the next patch.

Why don't they just leave the gear and mounts in the game for WoD and just make it so you need to complete the new challenge modes for a token that let's you choose either the new WoD challenge mode gear or the older sets? This way you're still putting in just as much effort as others did. There is literally no downside to this that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    Why don't they just leave the gear and mounts in the game for WoD and just make it so you need to complete the new challenge modes for a token that let's you choose either the new WoD challenge mode gear or the older sets? This way you're still putting in just as much effort as others did. There is literally no downside to this that I can see.
    You. Go apply at Blizzard. Right meow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because later on people will want to have the newer set like everyone else and ask to put that set into the next expansion along with another new one and henceforth. It would all just be a big mess imo. Just leave it as legacy earnings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the people who earned it when it was current keep it and let the people who do CM's in the future get the new stuff. Everything doesnt have to be accessible forever.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Because later on people will want to have the newer set like everyone else and ask to put that set into the next expansion along with another new one and henceforth. It would all just be a big mess imo. Just leave it as legacy earnings.
    With the token system you can always just earn another one and get both gear sets.

Also, if Blizzard is just adding a set and mount per expac it would take a long time to turn into a big mess (though I really don't think it would ever turn into a mess, it's too basic to become one).

Let the people who earned it when it was current keep it
    But it's always going to be current because gear scales down :S it isn't going to get easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Let the people who earned it when it was current keep it and let the people who do CM's in the future get the new stuff. Everything doesnt have to be accessible forever.
    Doesn't have to be but it should. Thinking otherwise is just straight up being greedy. Especially if you still have to put in the same amount of effort to get said items.

I really don't see a problem with this other than greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    But it's always going to be current because gear scales down :S it isn't going to get easier.
    Player abilities will change. They could be easier, or they could be harder. Even scaled down, we'll have level 100 talents we didn't before. And if they, simply, don't let use use our level 100 talents -- what if that affects our level 100 rotation synergies in such a way that we're actually doing less, relatively, than we were at 90 ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    except thats not true for a multitude of reasons that were layed out on the blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    They said they will be removed in a patch right before WoD launches, it will not be the next patch.
    I would think that they aren't going to remove the gear vendor, just the actual challenge modes so you can't get the gold achievement anymore which is the prereq to get the gear.

Remove them already.

Deleted
    The removal of challenge modes themselves seems a bit extreme since they normalise item level anyway, so why that wouldn't work for a level 100 I never know.

Why can't they keep the Challenge Modes and just, I don't know, introduce a new season with new mog gear/ mounts/ titles? It's not as if they get any easier when you're getting bumped down to a low iLevel anyway.

Patches will nerf/buff spells making it easier at one point even if it scales you to 90 & 463

Quote Originally Posted by flyingbacon123 View Post
    Patches will nerf/buff spells making it easier at one point even if it scales you to 90 & 463
    Patches have already nerfed/buffed spells so by that logic the challenge modes and their rewards should have been removed after the first major patch in MoP.

Patches have already nerfed/buffed spells so by that logic the challenge modes and their rewards should have been removed after the first major patch in MoP.
    Expansion patches tend to be far more drastic in terms of changes than raid patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going away in 6.0, plenty of time to learn them or saving up the gold to buy a boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully not yet.

Yesterday evening I saw on OpenRaid that somebody is planning to do 3 or 5 dungeons on Wednesday and I'm still wondering if I should apply for them. I've gear for it, but I'm bit nervous if I should apply as I haven't actually healed any CM dungeon before. Just done them as a Hunter (9/9 Gold).

Yesterday I healed Gates, but due low DPS we couldn't reach Gold, just silver. Nobody died during it, expect for the bombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yesterday I healed Gates, but due low DPS we couldn't reach Gold, just silver. Nobody died during it, expect for the bombs.
    Those bombs. Oh, those bombs. First pull makes or breaks that one.

The point is, the challenge modes were designed and balanced around spells and abilities used in MoP. Those same spells and abilities are going to go under the knife and be changed. Hit/Exp are out, new secondary stats are in. Some spells will be gone completely, and we'll have new, shiny ones in their place.
    Even if you scale down level and ilvl, the abilities and stats won't be the same. Apples to oranges.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.