Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What multiplayer games are you playing until WoD?

I'm asking this in the general forum because I'm looking for opinions specifically from on again off again WoW players. I don't own any current consoles or have any interest in single player games. I'm looking more for a fun multiplayer game.

Games I've played and own:
    CS 1.6, CZ, Source, GO
    TF 1 & 2
    Diablo 1,2,LoD,3
    Torchlight 1 & 2
    A slew of mmos including Rift,Tera, FF11 & 14/ARR, GW1&2, Warhammer, etc.

I just recently fired up D3 and got to level 40, but for some reason it's just not grabbing me the way D2 always has. I really wanted to get to 60 and give RoS a shot. The game is honestly kinda boring though :/ All of the above are. WoW has absolutely ruined my gaming experience by being the only game that holds my interest for more than a week at a time and only during peak times in expansions...

Is there anything that can tide me over? It doesn't need to be for hours per day, I have a wife,kid,dog,job, etc. Just something that I may not have tried yet that I can play for 2-3 hours at night before I hit the hay.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Hmmm.. Whatever my work as a Reviewer throws at me to be honest..

Just finished playing Loadout, quite fun you should try with friends..

Other than that out of work, it's WoW either it's gold hunting or achievement hunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Atir. Never heard of Loadout, I'll check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just MoP haha. If I get into the beta then Wildstar as well.

Deleted
    Loving Loadout as my backup game to WoW right now!

Does Hearthstone count?

I played the ESO beta and it was a lot better than I expected, so I'll probably be playing that.

SWTOR because Galactic Starfighter because Starfighter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    Probably just MoP haha. If I get into the beta then Wildstar as well.
    Doing that, and I can't say for the last one because legal stuff. I can say that I WILL be buying WildStar if my finances/time permit it!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing a lot of league lately. Some Civ5 and Octodad as well. Wanna get either X/Y or Link Between Worlds after I'm paid, too.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

FF14 might keep me from WoD entirely.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Endless Fleets, err I mean Space. I haven't subscribed to WoW 'cause I am moving out soon and don't want a distraction like WoW. SC2 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    FF14 might keep me from WoD entirely.
    It is an excellent game. I got banned for RMT though in the first couple weeks. SE sent out waves of bans and somehow I got caught up in it. I filled out a ticket when my account was hacked, but they never investigated, just shut me down. I was pretty bummed about it since I played FFXI for around 6 years. I may give SE a call now that the release craze has died down, maybe I'll actually get through to someone. I seriously didn't do anything wrong at all and I wasn't the only innocent guy who got the hammer dropped on him. I bought some items in D2 back in the 90s, but thats about the extent of my RMT experiences. Such a shame as FF14 was going to be my new full time MMO.

Back on topic, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll definitely check out some of these games. I applied to WS beta, but never got an invite. That is also a game that is on my watch list. It looks fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    day z seems to be filling the time

Left 4 dead 2, warcraft 3 with friends.... Always fun to watch people (sodapoppin, Towelliee among others stream videos, sure beats people like "Pewdiepie"), Considering getting Titanfall... But I think I should get a new mouse first... Aside from that Saints row 3 and 4 (love 3 more, super powers sort of ruined it for me) can keep me entertained.. Other than that, D3:ROS is coming out soon, I also have Marvel Heroes, and some other games that I play with my friend.

I tried to play ffxiv. After the first month I just got bored of the game, nothing unique with their ability system and almost falling asleep before a gcd over killed it for me. I love the world and that is what I played it for. Once i saw it all I had no more reason to log in.

OT been playing rift a lot lately. Looking for something to kill in a hole though while waiting for ESO and wildstar.

Hearthstone. that's pretty much it until I get another PS3.

I mean if I could play these games it would be: Dota 2, killzone shdowfall or whatever, TF2.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-02-18 at 05:52 AM.

Deleted
    For holding attention you may want to try Dungeons and Dragons online either it's F2P option or P2P side. It's a really nice game with a surprisingly kind player base, although be it a smaller one as not many people seem to realize it's still around :P
    If you can get your hands on the translation patch (I haven't tried in a while) Then Phantasy Star 2 online is also a good choice ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    SMITE and swtor!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

league, WoW mostly. Little HStone every now and then.

Theres also Titanfall beta that I'm enjoying, least when my bro's not hoggin the XB1.