Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New pvp season with only 4 changes to classes

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Talents
    Heart of the Wild now provides the following benefits from PvP Power when activated.
    Restoration Druids now receive 50% of their PvP Power applied towards damage while the ability is active (down from 100%).
    Feral and Balance Druids now receive 100% of their PvP Power applied towards healing while the ability is active (down from 120%).
    Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Talents
    Nerve Strike now causes a successful Kidney Shot or Cheap Shot to also reduce the damage dealt by player targets by 25% (down from 50% for player targets). No changes to the talent when used against non-player targets.
    Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Demonology
    Felguard Legion Strike and Wrathguard Mortal Cleave now reduces the effectiveness of any healing received for 6 seconds (up from 5 seconds) so the pet can maintain the effect without Haste.
    Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General
    Disrupting Shout and Pummel now both share a 15-second cooldown when either ability is used. Disrupting Shout 40-second cooldown remains unchanged but the ability will be unavailable for 15 seconds after using Pummel.

" Season 15 PvP gear will use the same models as Season 14, but with the colors available to each faction switched." - color changes gg !!

Seems to me that this new season is just a filler to keep some ppl playing before WOD.
    It brings nothing new , nothing exciting and no significant changes to balance.
    Same old gear grind ! i`m defenely not plaing because season 15 is just and extension of season 14 with and upgraded itmlvl.

Isn`t this a bit too lazy even for blizzard ?

What you find lazy about it? The fact that they are putting out MORE content for players to keep playing while they work on WoD is great. It's a small patch, anyways, they can patch in updates, and other mumbo jumbo IF proven to be necessary.

Deleted
    For me its a great patch. Finally I can stomp pve heroes with pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiBD View Post
    New pvp season with only 4 changes to classes
    I didn't know the new PvP season was out already?

I'd imagine these aren't the only changes that will be made before the saeson goes live.

Yes it's filler, anything else would mean less work on WoD. And for us PvPers it means we won't be a free kill in World PvP so that's good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

To OP.
    It is. They even said so, so i don't really get the point of this.
    Personally i think it's fine that they do it so some people have a bit more to do. And hell. Some might actually even like the look of the opposite faction-colors on their gear. It's a fast, easy way to give some entertaining for the next months while we wait for WoD
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    To OP.
    Personally i think it's fine that they do it so some people have a bit more to do. And hell. Some might actually even like the look of the opposite faction-colors on their gear. It's a fast, easy way to give some entertaining for the next months while we wait for WoD
    What`s entertaining about it? It`s the same season with increased itm lvl . that`s my problem i dont want to do the same old grind with the same class f`d up ballance, same looking gear same mount , same , same , same......

If you guys think it`s ok to drop a pvp season like this then i`m off playing some other shit . Blizzard has it to easy since nobody expects much from them and ppl only need something, anything to keep their heads warped in wow and keep playing.
    Last edited by mmocecd02275a7; 2014-02-17 at 11:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What`s entertaining about it? It`s the same season with increased itm lvl . that`s my problem i dont want to do the same old grind with the same class f`d up ballance, same looking gear same mount , same , same , same......

If you guys think it`s ok to drop a pvp season like this then i`m off playing some other shit . Blizzard has it to easy since nobody expects much from them and ppl only need something, anything to keep their heads warped in wow and keep playing.
    I kinda feel the same, what have they truly done for the next season? It feels like they have done nothing. I do not think they were truly ready for the next expac.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

It is the same old shit, I agree. But this is the formula that keeps the people who somehow enjoy this form of abuse hooked. I can safely assume that we're all masochists here. At least those of us who still play this game and come onto these forums to complain about the game or Blizzard.

The idea is to never keep us satisfied but to always keep us in a never ending thought process of "things will improve." You can't honestly expect them to change this formula when its the same formula that has been raking in some serious cash.
    Last edited by Rorke; 2014-02-17 at 05:43 PM.

my god - please search the damn forums cause theres a billion threads about this already. please use one of those to bitch.

oh and since you do not seem well informed, there is a new expansion in the works. Would you really rather them stop production on that so you can have pretty gears that you will likely xmog anyways?

think about it....
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    my god - please search the damn forums cause theres a billion threads about this already. please use one of those to bitch.

oh and since you do not seem well informed, there is a new expansion in the works. Would you really rather them stop production on that so you can have pretty gears that you will likely xmog anyways?

think about it....
    Why is it so unfathomable to think that there could be two separate teams of people working on content? One working on new, one working on updating current?

The entertaining thing is playing...

If you have no fun playing the game, and you only log on and grind for new looking gear and mounts, perhaps you should find a new game that's more enjoyable for you.

PvP balance isn't that bad this season, and the two really broken things are being fixed (Nerve Strike and Warrior double interrupt) so they don't really need to do any major changes. I'll have plenty of fun next PvP season doing arenas, like I do most seasons. Maybe even more so because I've had time now to level/gear more characters, so I can play competitively on 5 different classes instead of being stuck to just 3.

But again, really, the entertaining part of a video game is supposed to be actually playing the game. If you aren't finding it fun, and all you care about is gear/mounts, play something else. There are plenty of games out there that let you acquire much better looking items than WoW. Perhaps you'd just enjoy going to google images and searching for cool looking items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The entertaining thing is playing...

If you have no fun playing the game, and you only log on and grind for new looking gear and mounts, perhaps you should find a new game that's more enjoyable for you.

PvP balance isn't that bad this season, and the two really broken things are being fixed (Nerve Strike and Warrior double interrupt) so they don't really need to do any major changes. I'll have plenty of fun next PvP season doing arenas, like I do most seasons. Maybe even more so because I've had time now to level/gear more characters, so I can play competitively on 5 different classes instead of being stuck to just 3.

But again, really, the entertaining part of a video game is supposed to be actually playing the game. If you aren't finding it fun, and all you care about is gear/mounts, play something else. There are plenty of games out there that let you acquire much better looking items than WoW. Perhaps you'd just enjoy going to google images and searching for cool looking items.
    Some underpowered classes could, you know, get a but of a buff. But blizzard is going to wait like always and wait for the big patch to come out to fix things that they already know that they want to change.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    It's a filler season that exists purely because it's better than having no season at all and doesn't require any effort, I wouldn't give it any real consideration in terms of how balanced it will be when its purpose is just to waste time. This season is basically ruby sanctum for PvPers, the only thing it will address is the gear gap between PvE and PvP in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'd imagine these aren't the only changes that will be made before the saeson goes live.
    They have like 18 hours to make those changes though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    What you find lazy about it? The fact that they are putting out MORE content for players to keep playing while they work on WoD is great. It's a small patch, anyways, they can patch in updates, and other mumbo jumbo IF proven to be necessary.
    This isn't more content. This is exactly the same content that we have now just labelled differently. The only thing we're getting is better gear, and they're adding new gear because as it stands PvP gear cannot compete with PvE gear in WPvP. If that wasn't an issue, you can be damn sure that we'd still be sat in the same season through till WoD's pre-patch.

Theres huge changes, Different classes scale better with gear, With from what seems to be a huge jump in pvp gear from Grievious, then the stat differences will make a new FOTM, same with resilience changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    To OP.

My humble list:

Ice lance damage is not fine.
    Rogue + mage opener is not fine.
    Enhancement shaman burst is not fine.
    Monk burst is not fine.
    Warrior toolset being huge is not fine.
    Ferals lack of CC is not fine.
    Rets lack of defense is not fine.
    Balance druid damage vs survival is not fine.
    Shadow priest casting needs vs toolset to cast is not fine.
    Hunter damage with aimed + chimera is not fine.
    Hunter amount of CC is not fine.
    Resto SotF haste bonus applyed on cyclone is not fine.
    Warlock portal not being counterable is not fine.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Some underpowered classes could, you know, get a but of a buff. But blizzard is going to wait like always and wait for the big patch to come out to fix things that they already know that they want to change.
    Well, Hunters, Rogues, Mages, Warriors, Locks, DKs, Priests, RDruids, MW Monks, HPals, and all 3 Shaman specs are all quite good. That leaves Ferals, Boomkins, Rets and WW Monks as the only specs that really need any work. I honestly can't remember the last time that there were only 4 specs in the game that were underpowered. And it's not even like you can't get rank 1 on them, you absolutely can, they're just significantly weaker than other classes. But they're still technically viable.

I suppose that they could have made changes, of course, but all 11 classes are perfectly viable currently and any changes to the weak specs would probably make the overall balance worse honestly.

they did say bigger changes are in WoD... take that with a grain of salt

I'm fine with these changes TBH..