Anyone can give advice on a online strategy game?

Looking for a game that has that great feeling. I remember playing games like red alert, age of empire, heroes 3, dungeon keeper 1 when i was younger. Once internet with good ping became a reality, i recall the beginning of playing empire earth(before it went dead) and all the fun you could have in that game vs oppononents that was at your own level, especially the stone age - industrial age(against the computer it was shit since they spread across the whole map like cockroaches). Also liked wc3 and sc1(though those never had the grand feeling the AoE or Empire Earth gave).

Anyone know of a game today that you can play online preferably that has some of those feelings, im really not up to date seeing as ive been on and off been playing WoW and Dota2, but stopped both some time ago.

Bought the Europa Universalis IV but i cant stomach only playing at 2 game speed online, and while i play AoE HD through steam from time to time, im looking for something just abit bigger and abit newer. Preferably with abit more even skillcap since some people in AoE are just extremly good. Also have SC2 heart of the swarm, but i hardly play it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    RTS genre is pretty dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good strategy game we could give you, but still active online for the multiplayer, hard to say.

I did recently player to World in Conflict. I did like the solo campaign, i don't know if it's still active on multi.
    Perhaps Rome: Total War 2 is recent enough to have an active online community.
    you can also try Civilization 5 with the recent adons gods and kings and brave new world
    I would recommend XCOM Enemy Unknown multiplayer, it's a turn based that have lot's of strategy elements, but not a full on STR.

Deleted
    Recently got into Civ V, and yes, much better with the DLC unfortunately. Also to make matters worse, it's much better to play with/against friends than randoms, games can be... a tad long. One of mine is currently saved at the 10hr mark. Great fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get yourself a generals game + latest versions + expansion. After this instal shockwave mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-shockwave and after this you can either play against a friend or join a server ( http://forums.swr-productions.com/in...showtopic=2090 ).
    Don't sweat the details!!!