Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Stormwind and WoD

Okay, I am all for having a giant crater in Stormwind. (It looks great, right?) But I was curious if anyone heard anything about Stormwind getting fixed?

Also, if the crater was fixed, what will be in it's place? The park again or... something else?

You cant fix a gapping hole leading into the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    In a world where we have floating cities, I don't think making some large pillars to hold up a structure would be overly difficult...

Yes, yes you can. The outer-wall can be rebuilt, the slope doesn't have to stay burnt black forever, etc.

Doubt there will be any changes since WoD won't take place on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, fixing a crater is just too much of an ask in this fantasy world.

An expansion filled with mindless undead, another filled with demons and giant gronns, a third expansion with a huge dragon raping the world and destroying everything on sight, and finally a mysterious land home to pandas, mogu and talking insects.

But god forbid they fix a giant hole, I mean that is just asking way too much, couldn't possibly imagine that to happen. Ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a world where it takes more than 5 years to fix a bridge you can not expect a whole district to be fixed within 4 years. Proper craftsmanship takes time!

Deleted
    they could always just park dalaran in it.

Deleted
    At some point it'll change, just as Stormwind and many part of WoW has over the years

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I want some changes to Orgrimmar, too.. It can't be under construction forever.

Deleted
    I always thought it'd be good place for airship docking spot. Show off Skyfire some more, it's awesome

You know, there was a reason they removed it right? While lore-wise sure Deathwing blew it up because he's insane, they removed it because they didn't want it there. Instead it is now part of questing.

Even if you could fix a hole, there is no point. It would add nothing, all the Park ever had that was useful was a druid trainer and they just moved him out. There is zero point in filling the hole with something new. The best to hope for is putting out the flames and building a wall closing it off.

Deleted
    Making Stormwind look whole is point enough for me. Plus before Cataclysm it was quite busy rp hub.

I see them clean it up, get rid of the fires and debris but surely not put something new there.

Most main cities have four districts and Stormwind City really doesn't need five again. They already have the harbor and the lake which has some quests, a pumpkin farm and the druid trainer but they are still a useless patches of the city... just like the Park was.

Just put up a low wall there, plant some trees and benches and you have a nice seaside view.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinlea View Post
    Plus before Cataclysm it was quite busy rp hub.

Now I feel bad for killing Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Sinlea View Post
    I always thought it'd be good place for airship docking spot. Show off Skyfire some more, it's awesome
    that's a great idea !

Fixing the crater in Stormwind might require more resources from the blizzard team and result in loss of a raid tier so which do you want crater fixed or raid tier? Kappa

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Doubt there will be any changes since WoD won't take place on Azeroth.
    This.

I think one of the hidden benefits for WoD being next (at least for the devs) is they don't have to do anything with Azeroth. They turn the Dark Portal red and the expansion is set to go. No need to handle the sticky situation of how to remove Garrosh from his Warchief position, replace him with Vol'jin, and then update Orgrimmar to fit until at least 7.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Fixing the crater in Stormwind might require more resources from the blizzard team and result in loss of a raid tier so which do you want crater fixed or raid tier? Kappa
    I've been wanting to say Kappa so much on here.

But yeah, I get the sneaking suspicion that that's their excuse for everything these days. I mean really, you'd think we're dealing with the Flappy Birds guy and not a multi-billion dollar company.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    Indeed, fixing a crater is just too much of an ask in this fantasy world.

An expansion filled with mindless undead, another filled with demons and giant gronns, a third expansion with a huge dragon raping the world and destroying everything on sight, and finally a mysterious land home to pandas, mogu and talking insects.

But god forbid they fix a giant hole, I mean that is just asking way too much, couldn't possibly imagine that to happen. Ever.
    Well, it's probably a choice between fixing Stormwind and a raid. I mean, Blizzard only has so much dev time.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer
    I've been wanting to say Kappa so much on here.
    What does "Kappa" mean?

OT: Ye I want SW park fixed ^^