Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.4.7 lvl 90 character boost: for free?

Do we have to pay for this character boost coming up with the new patch or it will go out for free?

10+ Year Old Account
    You get it for free when you buy WoD

Also it might be available for purchase in the store.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    it will be available once you buy your pre-order copy of Warlords of Draenor. If they open those on patch day then yes it will be available, if you pre ordered. It's not 'free'.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll get your 90 once you pre-order Warlords of Draenor.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Deleted
    I wonder if there will be any preparation zone for new 90lvl to show game basics for totally new players.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I wonder if there will be any preparation zone for new 90lvl to show game basics for totally new players.
    Yes, they already announced there would be a sort of quest area once you boost your toon so you can learn your character. More than likely you will then be sent to the proving grounds.

Deleted
    It's a part of WOD, it's unknown if you'll get it at expansion release or at pre-purchase, though

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    There's one, kinda like the DK starting zone when it first launched with WotLK, where you get spells along the way in quests. Should only come with WoD though.
    Last edited by Somnium; 2014-02-17 at 12:36 PM.

I quoted the wrong post, was talking about the tutorial experience for fresh 90's, which will likely only ship with WoD or the 6.0 Prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much money do boosts start with on the ptr?
    whatever man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feefel View Post
    150 gold, should be posted somewhere in front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feefel View Post
    Hopefully only 100-150g - that's enough to learn what you need and travel to where you want to start farming. All the gear will most likely be selling for 1 copper when done - as well as non-disenchant.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they posted anywhere about the cost of boosting a toon to Level 90? I know you get 1 for free with WoD but haven't seen anything about a price for additional Level 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you get max professions with it?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Do you get max professions with it?
    Only if you level up a character above 60 or something I think.

They need to bump that 90 boost up to 100. Stop playing around and just start selling max level characters.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

By the end of the day we'll likely know if the pre purchase comes with 5.4.7 essentially definitively. (Albeit at this point its unlikely as they haven't announced pre purchase and they would need to.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    They need to bump that 90 boost up to 100. Stop playing around and just start selling max level characters.
    Would be loss of money, this is an RPG, don't like levelling, then sorta a problem there. Really, why would you ask for this when they didn't even need to give you to 90. The boost is quite a huge thing, heck, I would be happy with 85.. or 80..

- And other question, NO, you do not get max professions. And the profession boost is only for boosted chars at 60+
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I assume this would have been mentioned in the patch notes, but can anyone confirm that certain achievements like Quintessential Quintet, Double Agent, Master of All, etc will be kept intact? I'm a bit paranoid that they'll convert them to feats of strength now that this paid-boost thing is coming.

yeah it cost $60 to buy a level 90 of your choice