One raid lockout and multiple HC25 LK kills

Can anyone elaborate how the not-so-new raid lockout system is supposed to work for ICC? Each week I'm trying to clear ICC with my friend, and then we are attempting to kill HC LK with all the characters we have, which would be (only) 3 pairs.

This is only the 3rd reset we're doing this and we've had one issue two times now: one character gets saved to HC LK eventhough its raid info and entering ICC25 says 11/12 save (but changes to 12/12 when we switch to heroic).

What we did this week was:
    1) Cleared 11/12 mostly in 10man (this week we did 25 man Queen Lanathel and Sindragosa - and we'll of course now have to switch to 25 man to get shards to my friend) - my friend is with his paladin all the way to Lich King, and I switched from my monk to my warlock for Lanathel and Sindragosa, so my warlock got the 11/12 save and my monk had only 9/12 before LK.
    2) I then went back on my monk and the friend remained on his paladin and we killed hc LK.
    3) I switched to my warlock, my friend switched to his monk (who went inside the 11/12 save) and I exited the instance with my warlock and switched to my paladin. I went inside the instance, and we removed my warlock from the raid group. We then killed hc LK for the 2nd time.
    4) Now when we tried to go do hc LK with my warlock and my friend's druid, I'm suddenly saved to hc LK on my warlock. My friend was able to take my 11/12 save and convert it to hc 25, but when I tried to enter his 25HC, I was still "already locked to Icecrown Citadel (25 Player (Heroic))".

The first week we encountered this same issue and my friend's paladin got saved when we killed LK with my paladin and his monk, but we thought it was because we forgot to remove his paladin from the raid group for the kill. Second week we didn't try with our third pair, but didn't have saving issues for the second pair.

We've noticed in ICC and in Ulduar that we have to convert the party to a raid to be able to enter the same instance after some bosses have died, so I don't know if that's part of the issue? And it's been so that the raid leader whose save was used gets saved when the save is used by characters that weren't part of the original raid.

Things we need to test next week:
    1) Pass the leadership before logging out (now I forgot)
    2) Get the friend accept the save and then both leave the instance, disband the group, now the friend invites my new character to a new raid group (<- this seems like the best bet, can anyone confirm?)

The only issue remaining would then be the 5 instances / hour which really quickly shows up when we're switching characters and hopping in and out of instances.

The way I do it is clear 11/12 on 10m normal, invite a friend to grp, give him leader, he invites my DK and i walk inside then he changes to heroic - i accept the save, leave the grp and log back to my main, my friend leaves, I solo it on my main, when I'm done I log back to my DK and duo it with the friend - neither of us being saved. Now I understand that you do it more than twice but u can probably figure out a way to do it the way i do it multiple times, and I don't know if you're already doing this as I haven't read the entire thread but yeah, if this helps you - You're welcome. If it doesn't - I'm stupid.

Helped friends out a couple of times and occasionally experienced strange stuff with ids when we changed difficulty before all participating chars were actually in the instance. Never had any problems again.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-02-23 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to do it is get a 10/12 save, extend it, kill the 11th boss, and then swap to 25 man heroic. Prevents any messing-ups of lockouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I do it with an 11/12 save each week, i just have one char that holds the save and never kills LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Best way to do it is get a 10/12 save, extend it, kill the 11th boss, and then swap to 25 man heroic. Prevents any messing-ups of lockouts.
    I suppose that would be the safest way, and I think I'll resort to this if my idea doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I do it with an 11/12 save each week, i just have one char that holds the save and never kills LK.
    Yes, it's the common way, but issues have occurred and I don't know if it's because we're not soloing. So how do you do it exactly, and do you do that alone or with someone else?

Character A has the 11/12 lockout
    Character A extends the ICC lockout, invites Character B to raid, and zones in
    Character B then zones in, once inside Character A passes lead to Character B.
    Character A leaves instance, Character B changes to Heroic.
    Character A leaves raid.

That's how I did it between my two accounts to farm 25H LK for the mount (7 kills!) As long as the character with the lockout extension isn't in the instance at the time of the kill, they won't get credit for it. You can do this and sell lockouts if you want.