Deleted

Siegecrafter 10m hc

We're currently progressing on Siegecrafter 10m heroic but we're always stuck with with either empowered laser or the empowered mines (tried both) and wipe around 60%.

There are only 2 ranged dps in our comp (warlock and mage). Is it possible to handle mines with only 2 ranged dps or should we try to bring more ranged to the fight.

Also, how many overloads from the shredder is acceptable in this fight. We sometimes got 4 of them, which seems abit to many.

Deleted
    Have your lock go destro and your mage frost and you shouldn't have any issues at all after the nerf to their HP. If people have engineering they should use EMP Generator (no DR).

The problem with only 2 ranged and having to kill mines is that if any of them gets the lazer during the mine spawns then the other ranged is left to solo them which i dont think is posible (atleast not overcharged once). It just seems dodgy to do this fight with 2 ranged. We killed it last night with 3 ranged and one of them going on every other belt which worked out fine. Some mines we got unlucky where he was gone and one of the other ranged got the lazer but we managed by useing knockbacks, aoe stuns, mass death grip and so on. Hunters do great both on the belt and on the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Consata View Post
    The problem with only 2 ranged and having to kill mines is that if any of them gets the lazer during the mine spawns then the other ranged is left to solo them which i dont think is posible (atleast not overcharged once). It just seems dodgy to do this fight with 2 ranged. We killed it last night with 3 ranged and one of them going on every other belt which worked out fine. Some mines we got unlucky where he was gone and one of the other ranged got the lazer but we managed by useing knockbacks, aoe stuns, mass death grip and so on. Hunters do great both on the belt and on the mines.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=128&by=target

No one told skuggs that he was playing a ranged, Consata.

Depending on your comp you don't need ranged to kill mines. On our first kill dmg breakdown on mines was as follows

me (brewmaster) > Frost DK > Warlock

The DK and I were ~60% of the damage to them. Tank damage on mines is HUGE in 10m as they're the only people guarenteed to not be effected by mechanics. And if one of your tanks is a warrior, the other tank very rarely had to actually dps shredders.

And if you have engineers have them toss on an EMP belt. Mines become very easy at that point.

Deleted
    I would bring more ranged if I had the option but it shouldn't cause huge problems for you anyway. Just make sure your tanks are helping and they should go down fine. The phase where you are wiping 3rd to 4th belt is the most difficult. This fight is about finding a strategy that "somewhat" works and seems survivable and then sticking to it for 100 more wipes.

Any tips on positioning for this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Any tips on positioning for this fight?
    Which tactic? When we did it, we just completly copied our 25 man positions and tactics after trying out the missiles and them being annoying. More open space on the side opposite the belt when there's empowered laser, basicly.

From memory (sorry if the wave numbers are wrong): We have empowered mines on waves 1 and 6, and normal mines on 2, 5, 6, 7, 8. So that's the maximum possible amount of mines. We found this more controllable than dodging fire and missiles and magnets all the time, but our first kill took >8 minutes. We use tank + warlock + (frost Mage or boomkin) + (whichever belt people aren't on the belt) and don't have a problem killing them. If a dps gets mines, the other people need to kite. Having one blow up isn't the end of the world either. Using the engineering EMP belt (especially by tanks) is extremely helpful. Getting them slowed as soon as they spawn is absolutely crucial, and use LONG stuns (deep freeze, leg sweep, whatever) to keep them controlled.

Whenever we have Empowered mines, we tank the boss directly on top of their spawn point. Whenever it's just normal mines, the ranged dps should just focus on those until they are dead. There's no hurry to kill the boss if you can keep the fight under control. This strat does require a longer fight and higher overall dps, but it's very repeatable once you get it down.

If you have a Mage, have him go frost to control the mines. Warlocks and boomkins also have strong control. If you're going with a mine-heavy strat, you really just need to focus on killing them. The boss will die eventually.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

We do mines with 2 ranged, ret+fury+mage+spriest/mage with 2 hunters doing the belt. Roots+stun+RoF on empowered mines with bladestorm and piercing howl. It can be a bit annoying if melee gets targetted but they're kiteable with a slow can even cleave off the boss and hit them if you're getting followed. Destro lock and RoF of your mage should make it easy.

You should get 2-3 overloads most of the time 3 for us.

We got stuck on the 60% mark for some time as well. What helped for us is making sure all the blades/lasers are placed in the right spot, We're where the gap is in the middle of empowered laser(2th wave) I solo the last empowered missile(3rd wave) while the raid moves back to the other side so CC for the next empowered mines(4th wave) is on time and we're in a good position for empowered magnet(5th wave). This depends on your tactic of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You should get 2-3 overloads most of the time 3 for us.
    W
    You always get 3, the shredder casts his 3rd overload as he completes death from above. The tank has 10seconds to kill the shredder before the 4th is cast. Depending on your tanking strat only the 1st add should ever get close to casting a 4th overload.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    You always get 3, the shredder casts his 3rd overload as he completes death from above. The tank has 10seconds to kill the shredder before the 4th is cast. Depending on your tanking strat only the 1st add should ever get close to casting a 4th overload.
    If you have a hard enough hitting ability you can global him the second he lands and a split second before the 3rd is due to go off. At high enough stacks he should die before going into Death from Above.

We killed it last weeks with 2 ranged, 2 melee. Mines were simple. We took 1 magnet (5th belt I think) and Drills over Magnet due to how shitty it was with empowered laser's fire still up a laser going off and sawblades firing everywhere and mines everytime. We just sat him were the mines spawn making it easier for melee + tanks to gank them.

Just had to make ranged run back for empowered drills but that means no empowered mines and as they don't all spawn at once they should either be dead or close to dead as each one drops off the belt.

Ahh yes, the 2:30-2:45 mark.