Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

A 1 spec game - so much diversity, blizzard

I distinctly remember Blizzard stating that every spec should be attractive and that they NEVER want 1 spec to be 100% dominating one.

Well, check 3v3 ladders (as 2v2 is no longer deemed 'competitive' by blizzard) and filter by class. From the first 50 results see how many warlocks are NOT affliction, warriors are not arms and druids are not resto. It goes for all classes.

Oh well, I guess it goes 1 spec for pvp, 2 specs for PVE. WoW has always been a PvE game. Ofc no one forbids you to play fury in arena it's just that the spec it completely not suited for that and although you may get pretty high in the rankings, you will struggle significantly more than others with the 'proper' spec

Deleted
    Yes, lets make Prot viable again, everytime Prot is viable in pvp, life as Warrior is GOood.

Am I the only person who doesn't mind the concept of classes having a dedicated PVP spec?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I actually would prefer them to just split it up and make each class have one PvP spec and balance around that. I am not sure how they would handle healers or classes that can do multiple roles right now, but I would much like to see just one supported spec that is actually balanced because they are balancing 11-15 specs and not trying to do 34.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a trap to complain about WoW "catering to the PvE community".

I'm on to you, OP.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Bring back the old talent trees.

It's scientifically impossible to make all specs viable. If there were only two classes in the game, then sure. But not when there's 10 classes and 30 specs. And even if they somehow made them all viable, you would complain that all specs are the same just with different spell names.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't mind the concept of classes having a dedicated PVP spec?
    this would be so much easier to balance

but hybrids. hybrids is what ruins wow balance

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    this would be so much easier to balance

but hybrids. hybrids is what ruins wow balance
    Odd. Most complaints on these forums are about Warriors, Mages and Hunters?

Enclave is right though; Boomkins, Shadow Priests and Rets stop ruining PvP with how OP you are!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-17 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I actually would prefer them to just split it up and make each class have one PvP spec and balance around that. I am not sure how they would handle healers or classes that can do multiple roles right now, but I would much like to see just one supported spec that is actually balanced because they are balancing 11-15 specs and not trying to do 34.
    Priest
    Smite: Does X healing or X damage based on Celibacy.
    Celibacy: Causes your abilities to either deal damage or heal.

This way a priest could do dmg or healing by switching a certain "presence" or "aura". Ofcourse they can only switch in the waiting room and not during the fight, similar to how glyphs can be switched right before you fight.
    This would apply to all major abilities and not just smite ofcourse. I'td be hard as f*ck to make it work but it's still less than balancing 3 specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

This is a stupid complaint with no merit what so ever.

In any high level competition there will always be some variant that is 0.2% better and everyone will pick that one. It is impossible to balance all specs so precisely that they all perform at 100% in every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    much diversity
    many warlocks
    so blizzard
    WoW
    Genuinely laughing in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Odd. Most complaints on these forums are about Warriors, Mages and Hunters?

Enclave is right though; Boomkins, Shadow Priests and Rets stop ruining PvP with how OP you are!
    if you removed all those specs game would be balanced.

because warrior hunter rogue mage are balanced between themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    if you removed all those specs game would be balanced.

because warrior hunter rogue mage are balanced between themselves
    I don't even...

Players that can't break 1800 complaining about irrelevant things.

Move along

Deleted

2 specs for PVE
    All specs are viable for pve, for PvP usualy it's only one. No Tanks for PvP, all Healers are the best choice for hybrid PvP. If you say Druid, Shaman, Paladin, Priest and Monk you say Resto, Resto, Holy, Holy/Disc, MW.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Yes, lets make Prot viable again, everytime Prot is viable in pvp, life as Warrior is GOood.
    life ISNT good for a warrior right now??? /sadpanda
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I distinctly remember Blizzard stating that every spec should be attractive and that they NEVER want 1 spec to be 100% dominating one.

Well, check 3v3 ladders (as 2v2 is no longer deemed 'competitive' by blizzard) and filter by class. From the first 50 results see how many warlocks are NOT affliction, warriors are not arms and druids are not resto. It goes for all classes.

Oh well, I guess it goes 1 spec for pvp, 2 specs for PVE. WoW has always been a PvE game. Ofc no one forbids you to play fury in arena it's just that the spec it completely not suited for that and although you may get pretty high in the rankings, you will struggle significantly more than others with the 'proper' spec
    All hail the clueless intermediate player.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebuthecow View Post
    All hail the clueless intermediate player.
    I am not sure we play the same game, because last I checked almost everyone that PvPs is intermediate. Is the voice of the majority some how less important or relevant than that of the elite?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    It's scientifically impossible to make all specs viable. If there were only two classes in the game, then sure. But not when there's 10 classes and 30 specs. And even if they somehow made them all viable, you would complain that all specs are the same just with different spell names.
    Most of them are viable. The problem is that only one can be the "best," and even if that is only "best" by 1% when used by a perfect player, people glom onto it. Sure, sometimes one spec is better for almost anyone, but the majority of the time it's little more than an illusion for 99% of the player base.