Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any other casuals addicted to Hearthstone and barely play wow now?

Even since i started playing Hearthstone I have been only login in to Wow to play with the market and a few other things. Do you think Hearthstone will take people away from Wow or just have them playing both games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone is so bland I doubt it will keep people away from WoW for long.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Hearthstone is so bland I doubt it will keep people away from WoW for long.
    Yeah well like, that just your opinion man.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    He never said it wasn't

I mean WoW is in a lull right now anyways so it seems like a good time for Hearthstone. Honestly I only play it enough to knock out my dailies and maybe tweak decks a bit with any new cards I pick up that look interesting.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I think that if you're not feeling connected to the game, then finding a new game will draw you away from it whatever that game will be. I don't think this is something that Hearthstone will do; but in general, if people find something they find more engaging and fun than playing WoW, and they do not have the connections to keep them in WoW (such as friends, raiding schedule etc) then they will be drawn into that new game and away from WoW. It's just natural progression.

Hearthstone in itself can be played on such a casual level that I don't think it really has much impact on the playerbase - certainly not enough to make people consider unsubscribing.

I'm not sure if Hearthstone was the reason I stopped playing WoW, but it was certainly a factor. I was significantly cutting down on WoW time anyway; I suppose Hearthstone (and Magic: The Gathering) was the thing that tipped me over the edge and cancelled my sub for now.

I'll probably go back to WoW once the expansion comes out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    He never said it wasn't
    And he was just like, quoting the Dude from The Big Lebowski, man.

On topic, I don't see why it would. HS is a totally different game from WoW. Might pull people away for small amounts of time when there is nothing new to do in WoW but I doubt it would cause anyone to unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    And he was just like, quoting the Dude from The Big Lebowski, man.

On topic, I don't see why it would. HS is a totally different game from WoW. Might pull people away for small amounts of time when there is nothing new to do in WoW but I doubt it would cause anyone to unsub.
    Well put quote, indeed, man.

And I agree with Malthred, I'm often playing ranked matches in Hearthstone during progression fights in my guild (undergeared).

Hearthstone is nice to play for 10-15 minutes, but I don't see myself getting addicted to it. Especially with the ridiculously small starting hand that can fuck over even the best crafted/drafted decks and amazing top-decking skills deciding matches.

I was a good CCG player before mtg in the 90s early 00s and l5r later on. Tried HS open beta and play it now casualy instead of wow (good timing as the raiding guild I was in just died and got sick of missing transmog sets from bmah and challenge mode to gold byers). I canceled my wow sub yesterday. I just have too little time to play it and grind my gear ATM. Stopped playing l5r CCG as well.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2014-02-17 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Lebowski. What a great way to start my morning.

I didnt get past the starter quests in Hearthstone - it bored me that much. On the flipside of that coin but an Altoholic in my guild has logged in for about 5 minutes total since he got in the beta so I imagine quite a few players will migrate to HS

Deleted
    Since I was a regular player of the WoW TCG, playing HS felt hollow and boring. Its there, and I was in the first wave of Beta, but it really hasn't struck any chords with me.

For me Hearthstone is too shallow to be really captivating and the metagame is too small to allow for any creativity (let alone needing tons of boosters to make one of those decks).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone is fun, but IMO it's a game I for one will get sick and tired of rather quickly. At least in it's current state, adventure mode might make it more exciting.

well when i first got into the beta i was very stoked and played ALOT, and cut down hard on wow-time.
    Then i discovered Might & Magic, Duel of Champions (which is also on iPad) and i don't think i played hearthstone even once since then. Only now it hit me how shallow HS is... perhaps i'll play again a bit when it gets to iPad, but for now, its really not worth grabbing my laptop for.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest
    For all those complaining about price... How about you quit wow for the next 8 months and get better jobs.

Deleted
    PVE might help it but from what I've gleamed out of the info released so far it's looking like a small side-quest and nothing more.

PVP is great but it's nothing but best in breed/rush atm, there's no scope for any decks that play on certain strategies or anything interesting like that. And I know it's still technically in beta, but there needs to be more balancing happening, tons of useless cards and almost zero card families apart from beasts [great if you're playing hunter].

I came back to WOW recently after not playing since Ulduar. Being forced to grind LFR in order to get an acceptable gear score has completely killed any interest I had in the game. Stopped playing like 2 or 3 weeks ago and I only play Hearthstone now.

Yes, but I'm kind of done with WoW till WoD anyway. I'm playing other games too.