Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Your ''That Moment'' from each Expansion.

Simple. Just think it would be a nice read to see everyone's most memorable experience in a short story about each expansion, or the thing that you would most remember the expansion with, or just what you consider was the key thing that makes each expansion unique and different (better) than the others. Include in that Vanilla and MOP.

My story isn't very long. I stopped playing after the end of Wotlk, but even years later I keep checking these forums and news about the World of Savagecraft.

One of the things most memorable for me during the Burning Crusade actually comes from the cinematic. Seeing the draenei paladin all armored and casting seals out of the libram in the old sanctuary building decided the way I'd spend my years of playtime in Azeroth. I fell in love with it, and rolled a draenei paladin. My goal was simple: do everything to one day get my hands on the emblematic, unique and absolutely amazing Hammer of the Naaru. And I did it :P. Might share other things later on if the thread gets lively.

From Wotlk what has stood out for me as an experience is the unpleasant, but yet remarkable, encounter with Syndragosa. You see, I played on a Pentium IV pc that rocked the world in it's prime, but in that boss fight, in the suck in phase, I had no way to move out with 1.5 fps, but to put the 320x640 resolution (the lowest one) with which you can't read the chat or see anything clearly. All that in the sake of being a top end raiding Ret paladin, culminating with the 10man achievement ICC drakes. A remarkable memory in any case.

Share yours!

Vanilla: killing my very first wolf (or whatever) in Northshire Abbey. I was hopelessly hooked that very instant. I rerolled that first character - a pally - to a warrior, after discovering my mana bar had become bigger than my health bar. Like, wtf?

BC: stepping through the portal got me hooked all over again. I didn't sleep till Nagrand, and even then only a few hours. It wasnt my goal, but I ended up being server first 70. I was just having too much fun to stop.

BC 2: running Heroic Shattered Halls for attunement with a Warrior, Warlock, Disc Priest, off spec Shadow Priest and me, another Shadow Priest. Ran the whole instance with nothing but chain fear for CC. Intense.

BC 3: I could just keep going on and on with BC tbh. Magical time in gaming history for me. Moving on...

Wrath: pushing hard to level til I got to 74 and realized I just wasn't into it. Watched everyone get their server first achievements, feeling a little miffed that I got no such achievement in BC. I was there for server first Naxx, Maly and Sarth though.

Mists: fielding a team of 10 decent players to try out MSV. I hadn't raided since Wrath - it was going to be just like old times, right? Wrong. Mercilessly cock blocked by the first effing boss. It was PvP and LFR for us all - till 5.4 for me at least. Afaik the rest got bored with LFR and quit the game.
    Last edited by hablix; 2014-02-18 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing as any of my toons just keeps dragging me in.

But my one time feeling epic was when I got Flight Form in BC, the crappy 150%speed. I was king of da bearbombs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Playing the game for the first time and realizing how significant my time investment would have to be to reach even a fraction of the prestige of my peers.

BC: Transferring to a new server to play with RL friends I never knew played WoW, and then farming everything pre-wrath-patch except the last 3(?) in sunwell.

Wrath: Being called in to work for both the Yogg and Algalon realm firsts, after contributing the lion's share of our winning strategies. Still got HLK realm first, but it's a meager consolation.

Cataclysm: Quit the game for the longest period of time. Life was great.

Mists: Getting my old Wrath guild back together on a new realm and rerolling half of a 10-man raid team for SoO. Good times.

Vanilla : Leveling in Duskwood and getting my ass destroyed by that Emerald Dream dragon portal guy.

BC: Running around Shatt </3

Wrath: Killing the lich king... tears were shed.

Cata: Nothing... I quit for most of it.

MoP: Green mutha fkin fire.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Hitting 40 and getting my first mount.

BC: Finally hitting the level cap when it was the level cap.

Wrath: Chillin' out in Dalaran

Cata: When the burnt part of Hyjal is restored.

MoP: Finishing Jade Forest.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Vanilla - Getting my Charger at 60. Did it with a group of all Paladins. It was awesome!

TBC - flying mount - it was so cool to fly for the first time.

WotLK - Sarth 3d - blew my mind at the time.

Cata - Spine. Still my favorite raid encounter.

MoP - strangely enough....pet battles. For something so stupid and simple, I really enjoy them.

Vanilla content: just like, the first time I saw WoW being played on a computer.
    TBC: Flying through the portal and seeing Hellfire for the first time. My god it was huge and magnificent.
    Wrath: Sailing into Howling Fjord. Wow.
    Cata: Flying into Hyjal and running into Deathwing and Ragnaros having a tea party.*
    MoP: Jade Forest for the first time. So beautiful.

*Honorable mentions: first time Deathwing showed up and annihilated the whole zone I was in. Also, pre-Cata patch: first time going through Silverpine and Hillsbrad. Also, first Cata heroic (which took 7 hours, not kidding).
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-02-18 at 03:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Vanilla: While leveling, stumbling into my first TM vs SS war. It was epic, and made me eager to level and terrorize the Alliance.

BC: Getting full epics for the first time, since I saved all my arena and honor points my first season to stock up for the start of the new one.

WotLK: Starting my DK. I knew from the start it was going to be my melee main afterward from then on, and it has been.

Cata: Meeting through Real ID and finally playing with the girl I had a major world PvP rivalry and later unspoken truce with back in BC.

MoP: Watching Garrosh stab Taran Zhu, or crush Anduin. Those were quite possibly the only satisfying moments I had in MoP.

Vanilla: Getting the gold together to have my friends and I build our own guild. We are all still together to this day.

BC: the hellfire rain that hit you at Honor Hold. Randomly. That and the Dwarf that was annoyed at the guy in the outhouse.

Wrath: Stepping out at Hellfire Peninsula and being thrust headlong into the fray

Cata: Alexstraza vs Deathwing in the Twilight Highlands

MOP: Watching the Siege of Ogrimar patch cinematic. Best patch vid ever.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Starting the game and watching in awe as all these cool looking lvl 60's got smashed when Highlord Kruul invaded the major cities for the pre BC world event.
    BC: Entering the dark portal and watching that awesome battle. The first time I saw the fel reaver also comes to mind.
    Wrath: Killing the LK.
    Cata: Deathwing burning me to a crisp while questing.
    MoP: The first time I went up the path to the Temple of the White Tiger and that awesome music came on (Way of the Monk). Amazing.

Vanilla: Doing the Sons pulls on our first Hakkar kill, then SK'ing for Zhin'rok. (Ret pally tears were shed)

BC: Finally finishing my stupid Kara key with the guildies I've been running with since.

LK: Surviving a Thadeus berserk long enough with deflection, feign and disengage to get the kill.

Cata: The five minutes of grats spam for pulling off a completely unexpected realm first.

Pandas: Getting stuck in the thousand-fold bottleneck with all the other alliance toons in a gyrocopter and being too obstinate to bail and grind.

Vanilla- Hmm, I didn't really play much in Vanilla, so I don't really have much to say.
    BC- Everything!! lol. I have several here: seeing that Fel Reaver for the first time, seeing the dark portal for the first time, and mostly just raiding and having a blast with my guild. Good times.
    Wrath- Nothing. I seriously hated almost everything about Wrath. But Dalaran is cool I guess.
    Cata- Entering Hyjal for the first time and being blown away by how pretty it is.
    MOP- Entering Vale for the first time (before 5.4) and being blown away by how pretty it was. Also, everything about TOT. Such a good raid!
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

BC: getting my (dreanei)pally tier 4 and hammer of narru in one night, Champion of narru title before they took it out, getting my Netherwing drakes
    Wotlk : Actually becoming good, Uld, Made a Warlock as my main(still to this day), Heroic ICC 12/12
    Cata : hiatus
    Mop : Cmode gear ,Green Fire quest (pre 5.4) , new friends, Heroic raiding again, and Invincible reins

Vanilla - Didn't Play - Would have LOVED to see the opening of AQ Though
    BC - Stepping into HFP and seeing all the fighting at the portal / Dinging 70 on my "main" back then
    Wrath - Killing Yogg-saron topped by killing the Lich King, that first kill...the goosebumps...
    Cata - Getting Heroic Deathwing before MoP / Before the guild I left because the GM was an ARSEHOLE.
    MoP - I dunno, hard one, still havent managed heroic garrosh yet...hopefully I can tag into some runs before WoD

Vanilla: Finally hitting 60 after leveling a Resto Druid using mostly cloth, manually walking to instances, and drinking after every other pull while questing.

BC: Our first Grull kill, our guild had to team up with another, so Vent was chaos. It seemed a wipe when the last player alive, our guild leader, an OOM Holy Pally, finally kills Grull with a Melee swing. Memorable.

Wrath: AFK

Cata: Blackwing Descent Elevator boss. Once one of the drakes was chasing people up and down. People were zoning back in which kept leashing the Drake. A real nightmare.

MoP: Nothing really. Green fire?

Vanilla: I suppose that would be the Defias mages of Westfall, or just entering this world that I never knew of, being awed by the beauty of Elwynn and the majesty of Stormwind.

BC: So many wonderous moments... Ah! Gonna go with when myself and another were the only left standing at Shade of Aran, mass polymorph comes and I don't get morphed for some reason and I deal the killing blow. Or when a group in Magister's Terrace died during phase 1 of Kael'thas and I solo'd all of phase 2 and was lucky enough to get the pet.

Wrath: Making my very own sweet Mechano-Hog.

Cata: Leading my casual guildies to victory against Deathwing the evening before 10% nerf.

Mists: Actually getting a current level legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Vanilla content: just like, the first time I saw WoW being played on a computer.
    TBC: Flying through the portal and seeing Hellfire for the first time. My god it was huge and magnificent.
    Wrath: Sailing into Howling Fjord. Wow.
    Cata: Flying into Hyjal and running into Deathwing and Ragnaros having a tea party.*
    MoP: Jade Forest for the first time. So beautiful.

*Honorable mentions: first time Deathwing showed up and annihilated the whole zone I was in. Also, pre-Cata patch: first time going through Silverpine and Hillsbrad. Also, first Cata heroic (which took 7 hours, not kidding).
    I don't know if you did this on purpose, but literally everything you mentioned would be like the first thing you do for each expansion. Not saying thats bad lol, they are good zones just saw that and thought it was funny.
    Last edited by mmoscreenshotproof; 2014-02-18 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    killing heroic lich king was insanely epic and the highlight of the game for me, so far.

i really liked the pre TBC event and waiting at the dark portal to step through, was very excited.
    Hi

Neat topic

Vanilla - Most memorable was the first time doing a dungeon.. It was one of the scarlet monestary ones. ( yes, I leveled all the way into the 30s without grouping). It felt so epic. ( I was a moonkin at the time)

BC - Probably get laughed at for this.. but for 5 mins after learning the flying skill, I could not figure out how to actually start flying. I remember being in Zangermarsh and feeling like a complete newb because I knew I it had to be something easy. I think I had my camera angle off, so when I jumped, I never realized I was off the ground and would fly right back into the ground..

Wotlk - I think Uthgarde Keep. This was when I finally started tanking, and I remember how cool it felt knowing all the pulls and being competent enough to lead a group through there. The other big thing was that was when LFG first launched and I remember how many ´friends´ I suddenly developed because of the tank shortages

Cata - Vash, just the graphics were amazing. The first part in particular with all the kelp

MoP - Riko! one of he favorite NPCs. Every time I take an alt through MoP, I always do all of JF just because of him. Also, the part of the cinematic where Loremaster Cho sees the third part of the mural, where the Sha finally appears. That whole part with the jade mural and stuff was well done.