Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skirmishes or spectator mode confirmed?

"Holinka: Made great progress last week on Ashran, Group Finder, Battleground Rewards and S...oh wait, can't mention that one yet. #Warlords #PvP"
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/435569175436599298

Interesting.

Don't hold your breath.

Deleted
    spectator would be lame. skrimishes aka solo queues PLS!!!

Deleted
    Skirmishes were so much fun, great for practice, great to trying things out with random strangers to see how you could pull it out of the bag

Apparently they were not popular? hmmm don't really buy that one

Skirmishes are possible, they used to exist and people enjoyed it, so wouldn't be surprising if they added it again.

Spectator mode would make no sense, WoW arenas are no longer a competitive eSport, so there's absolutely no need for there to be a spectator mode any longer, I'm sure they know that and wouldn't waste resources on it.

Could be something totally unrelated though that we'd never guess. Or, alternatively, he could have just meant "group finder, battleground rewards and shit" and then just wanted it to sound more professional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    spectator would be lame. skrimishes aka solo queues PLS!!!
    Being able to spectate at the highest ratings isn't that lame, it's more convenient than watching streams since you can do it in-game while you queue without the risk of missing the pop. I used to love spectating in Guild Wars personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Skirmishes are possible, they used to exist and people enjoyed it, so wouldn't be surprising if they added it again.

Spectator mode would make no sense, WoW arenas are no longer a competitive eSport, so there's absolutely no need for there to be a spectator mode any longer, I'm sure they know that and wouldn't waste resources on it.

Could be something totally unrelated though that we'd never guess. Or, alternatively, he could have just meant "group finder, battleground rewards and shit" and then just wanted it to sound more professional.
    Spectator mode allows people to see high rated games from multiple perspectives which helps. Some players might enjoy watching there favorite players and not all high rated players stream. Aren't there still wow tourneys from time to time? and not to mention blizzcons.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-02-18 at 01:13 AM.

Unlikely considering the context (not being able to talk about it) and that the "s" is capitalized. Its more than likely something they haven't told us about yet..

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what else could start with "S"?

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Spectator mode allows people to see high rated games from multiple perspectives which helps. Some players might enjoy watching there favorite players and not all high rated players stream. Aren't there still wow tourneys from time to time? and not to mention blizzcons.
    You're assuming you'd be able to spectate any game you want from any player at any time. And that's highly unlikely.

And there's a few tournaments here and there plus Blizzcon, maybe 5 or so a year, that isn't worth developing a spectator mode for at all. Especially since none of them are particularly popular because it's always the same 3 teams that win every single time. Kind of not worth watching when you know that Sodah and his crew will win before it even starts.

You're assuming you'd be able to spectate any game you want from any player at any time. And that's highly unlikely.

And there's a few tournaments here and there plus Blizzcon, maybe 5 or so a year, that isn't worth developing a spectator mode for at all. Especially since none of them are particularly popular because it's always the same 3 teams that win every single time. Kind of not worth watching when you know that Sodah and his crew will win before it even starts.
    I believe in the past Blizzard has hinted at saying they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I believe in the past Blizzard has hinted at saying they want it.
    they didn't hint at this, actually they said that they wanted to do a this when they have time

As the saying goes, why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    they didn't hint at this, actually they said that they wanted to do a this when they have time
    Ya, ik, I remembered that when typing which is why I wrote "hinted at saying" when obviously that statement doesn't make sense. I was just too lazy to delete hinted.

While not exactly the same, remember that they essentially have spectator mode for Brawler's guild as you can watch others.

He was clearly about to say Super Dance Studio Deluxe Edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Ya, ik, I remembered that when typing which is why I wrote "hinted at saying" when obviously that statement doesn't make sense. I was just too lazy to delete hinted.

While not exactly the same, remember that they essentially have spectator mode for Brawler's guild as you can watch others.
    They said that years ago, back when WoW was somewhat competitive and people actually cared about and took it seriously. That ship sailed a while ago, as did any chance of them adding a spectator mode. And comparing it to Brawler's guild makes no sense, that's so much completely different it's not even funny. Not to mention that would be virtually useless in arenas because you couldn't tell what anyone was doing other than their positioning and major CDs. With so much stuff going on in arenas an overhead view with nothing else is not enough.

Regardless, he just tweeted out "Another S teaser, Soju" which is some sort of drink if I remember correctly, so no idea what that has to do with anything unless he usually gets really drunk before doing balancing.

Spectator modes aren't for tourneys though they are for players to enjoy like watching stream recordings. Most blizzcon winners are first time winners. I don't think anyone has won blizzcon twice. Sodah has only won one blizzcon. His crew doesn't win before it starts.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-02-18 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp Scenarios. I dont really know. Not sure how a pvp scenario would work.

Removing solo queue's / Skirmishes was probably one the worst decisions Blizzard ever made. Sometimes the people you play with aren't online or you just want to play around in Arenas. Skirmishes allowed you to do that.

I wouldn't mind seeing them taking Skirmishes and also adding a 1v1 solo queue as well. Wouldn't have to be ranked or give conquest but it would be something fun to do.

Deleted
    If skirmishes are a new content (you know, the one that got removed before) then we are soooo getting fucked over.

Now they really are confirmed. Herradrua wins though..