Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    The RNG gods must totally hate me because I've gone thru about 8 coin rolls on 2 toons the past 2 weeks(doing normal), and did not give me one item. I hate the god of RNG so much!!!!
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's a known fact that certain letter combinations in character names causes slightly different odds with rolls.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep saying this and making threads about it ? This has been going on all expansion lol

Random is Random and is still random even if the randomness screws you up the rear end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    you're probably trying too hard i find i get more loot if i join the majority and afk through the instance
    Haha. Nothing dropped for me all week, until I got to paragons and found out I had to finish the raid and eat within 5 minutes before having to leave. I ate and refreshed flame shock on the current target and only casting lava burst when it procced and that was it. I managed to live, and a chest piece dropped when I was still sporting my 483 firebird chest piece. It'd be nice if loot was intelligent in there and rewarded good play, but as it stands, Sod's law dictates that the more retarded I play, the more loot I receive. Well, sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Just RNG.

I've been running flex/norm/Ordos on my mage for months now and still have an LFR neck. I haven't even seen one drop.

Yet, I hit 90 on my shaman and within 3 weeks have almost completely geared her, including 3 pieces of Ordos gear.

R N G hooray!

I know it's been said but rng is random. I myself ran lfr to help my husband's alt gear on my main who is geared and received 5 pieces of loot from 1st wing alone (1 on normal roll for every boss and 1 on coin roll hoping to get a pet off Sha). When I ran on a brand new 90 alt the same day who could use damn near any gear out of there, I couldn't get anything with several coin rolls. Go figure, right?

rng is not rng, blizzard intentionally watches for what you need/want to drop and make sure it doesn't so you keep playing = more money for them. simple right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Well I kind of hope noone is THAT bad. He's been doing that shitty dps with 80% autoattack all over the run.
    There are much worse people than that. I always find myself laughing at people who gem entirely wrong in lfr. Rogues gemming int. Monks gemming with spirit as WW. it's even funnier to see them rage at other classes for being overpowered when they haven't done shit to improve themselves.

I get it, people make mistakes. But there is a difference between "ah shit i put in int and mastery instead of parry and mastery gem" and "Don't tell me how to play my character. I do what I want!" and "I don't see any issue with gemming int as a rogue lol xD"

/facedesk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axphyxiate View Post
    Some of the people who play this game... my god. I was doing a flex run today, we had a 520ilvl frost mage, 80% of his damage was ice lance and he was under 20k dps. The worst part is that he was the leader (typical) so we couldn't kick him. I also had a Blood DK in a different Flex run and he was blaming the healer for his death and claimed he wasn't doing anything wrong. I looked at his gear and it was a mess. It was all dps gear, reforged out of mastery with hit/stam/crit gems. I understand that it's easy to tank in dps gear, I do it all the time, but his gear wasn't even good for dpsing, it just puzzled me as to how you could honestly not know you were doing so much wrong.
    I've noticed this too. Some people were pulling a solid 80k on Dark Shamans flex a few weeks ago. I had to bring in my lock to a buddy's flex group just to kill them. I was pulling 300k dps whereas the next highest pulled 110k (535 item level). And of course people who ere pulling below 100k got loot. Still using the fucking shadow pan trinket.....

Enough with RNG. If i put in more effort to do damage and avoid shit, i should at least be rewarded with the higher chance to get gear.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Did they?

Because I run all four SoO wings on 5 characters a week and maybe make out with one or two pieces, and that's with 3 bonus rolls on each character. But typically, if I do win something, it's the exact same item I already have.

I've seriously tried for a weapon upgrade on each character for the past 5 weeks, and gotten nothing. I remember winning a decent amount when I was gearing up my shaman when the raid first came out. It's like the drops have gotten worse and worse over time. Did they just stealth nerf it to force more of a grind to keep people busy?

Even if people did ninja stuff back in Cata, I think I still prefer the old system. Seemed like rng was in better favor back then.
    no. they were always bad.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

So little logic in many of these arguments. It often seems like RNG is some sort of religion that people "believe" in without any evidence that it actually exists. All bow to RNGesus! Blizz says it's random, so it must be! And then there are the people that say "I got 3 items last week", so my anecdotal evidence negates your anecdotal evidence and therefore you are wrong and I am right.

Truth is we have no way of knowing if Blizz adjusts the drop rate from time to time. In addition, computer generated "random" numbers are not truly random. A seed number must be generated first.

And my favorite regarding random numbers: http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2001-10-25/
    Last edited by CallMeGrey; 2014-02-18 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Did they?

Because I run all four SoO wings on 5 characters a week and maybe make out with one or two pieces, and that's with 3 bonus rolls on each character. But typically, if I do win something, it's the exact same item I already have.

I've seriously tried for a weapon upgrade on each character for the past 5 weeks, and gotten nothing. I remember winning a decent amount when I was gearing up my shaman when the raid first came out. It's like the drops have gotten worse and worse over time. Did they just stealth nerf it to force more of a grind to keep people busy?

Even if people did ninja stuff back in Cata, I think I still prefer the old system. Seemed like rng was in better favor back then.
    nope, they actually buff your chances since the raid came out in lfr

I sometimes go week or two without seeing anything drop but that's rng for you. Hopefully they may up the drop rates just before the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    What I have noticed is a correlation between Valor cap and drops, before I hit cap I got armor drops, sigils etc... after I hit Valor cap no armor pieces, or sigils drops, just coin bags from the last 9 bosses I was part of killing.
    that would be an interesting thing to test. doubt it is any more than luck of the draw, but hey could be.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

5 times...I tried across 3 characters and I give up after 1 and a half runs of SoO with some ToT mixed in, which is why I'll never finish grinding RNG for my cloak.

There's only so much I can take of..
    "stop dping in Defensive stance"
    "get the ads"
    "Run from the mines"
    "kill one engi..no not that one...why did you stop killing the engi?"
    "Wow you noobs, the tank who is in half PVP half DPS gear with a shield and no enchants or PvE glyphs is completely screwing everything up but I don't want to wait for a new one so I'll blame DPS who will blame healers!"
    "you're all terrible so I'm going to show you the social skills I learned from LoL and XBL as you tremble before my 20k dps with a 540 ilvl as a hunter!"
    "need a tower group"
    "need a tower group"
    "need a tower group"
    "need a tank for the tower group"
    "need a healer for the tower group"
    "why did the tank die in the tower? oh! went before the demolisher with a healer who was AFK!?"
    "It's a maze, avoid the big eye beam"
    "seriously..it's a maze..look if you can't figure it out follow me!" (half the raid dies repeatedly)
    "Stand in the feed young green stuff so healers won't heal you cause they think you're standing in stupid" (same with the 3 pandas and thunder king)

"hey guys I'm going to explain nicely the mechanics as opposed to being snarky and yelling at you to go watch a youtube video for LFR..."

Actual responses...
    "screw u man! I play how I want"
    "Oh look it's captain LFR, did I do it right this time capt LFR?"
    "I bet you get all the chicks doing LFR right"
    "dude shut up it's LFR"
    "I don't need to listen to you"

otherwise RNG is RNG and it's a bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    There's only so much I can take of..
    My favorite is the genius on the Sha of Pride fight who yells for everyone to disperse about five seconds before self-reflection goes off so you have to waste an additional 20 seconds chasing down adds instead of getting to AoE them down all at once. He also tells everyone to scatter for swelling pride no matter how many times you explain that swelling pride by itself does nothing and that no one should move until after someone has 25 pride. Even then it's easier if everyone scatters just after it hits. The end result is always 20 distinct puddles of bursting pride that everyone has to avoid instead of one massive puddle in the middle that everyone can easily run out of. The sad thing is that these players actually think that they know the fight even though they do much more harm than good.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13