Low Level Stat Rolls Are a Bug To Be Fixed, Wyatt Cheng Playtest With Streamers Summary, Split Farming Concerns
Patch 5.4.7 Official Notes
The official notes have been posted, with a few additions compared to the PTR notes.
- Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Heart of the Wild now provides the following benefits from PvP Power when activated.
- Restoration Druids now receive 50% of their PvP Power applied towards damage while the ability is active (down from 100%).
- Feral and Balance Druids now receive 100% of their PvP Power applied towards healing while the ability is active (down from 120%).
- Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Felguard Legion Strike and Wrathguard Mortal Cleave now reduces the effectiveness of any healing received for 6 seconds (up from 5 seconds) so the pet can maintain the effect without Haste.
- Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
- Celestials now drop Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear in place of Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear.
- Rare spawns in Krasarang Wilds now award Honor Points only when they are defeated for the first time each day.
- NPC guards around PvP vendors on the Serpent's Spine have been upgraded to have more health and deal more damage.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
Siege of Orgrimmar
- Garrosh Hellscream and Minions of Y'Shaarj now have less health on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
- Unstable Iron Stars now triggered when 4 or more players are together (up from 3 players) on 10-player Heroic difficulty.
- Season 15 has begun! With the start of the new season, Prideful Gladiator gear, and weapons are now available for purchase.
- Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear and weapons can now be purchased using Honor Points instead of Conquest Points.
- Base Resilience for level-90 players is now 77% (up from 72%). Base Resilience for players below level 90 remain at 40%.
- Resilience Diminishing Returns curve for Resilience has been adjusted for the new base resilience value to maintain the same value per point of Resilience as previously.
- Battle Fatigue now reduces healing received while in PvP combat by 60% (up from 55%).
- Gladiator’s Distinction, the set bonus for wearing two PvP trinkets, now grants 5280 Resilience (up from 2600).
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- For the 2v2 Arena bracket, Dampening is now applied to the match starting at the 5 minute mark (down from 10 minutes).
- For 3v3 and 5v5 Arena brackets, there is no change. Dampening will continue to be applied at the 10 minute mark.
- Alterac Valley
- The following NPCs now have more health and deal more damage.
- Alliance: Vanndar Stormpike, Balinda Stonehearth, Stormpike Defenders, Stormpike Bowman, and all Marshals.
- Horde: Captain Galvangar, Drek'thar, Frostwolf Guardian, Frostwolf Bowman, and all Warmasters.
- The following NPCs are now immune to disarm, daze, and Death Grip.
- Alliance: Vanndar Stormpike, Balinda Stonehearth
- Horde: Captain Galvangar, Drek'thar
- Terrain outside of Frostwolf Keep has been modified to prevent players from jumping over the walls.
- The following items sold by Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle have been raised to item level 489 (up from item level 476). This change is retroactive to all items that had been purchased previously.
- BattleTag™ or Real ID friends are now only able to send 10 chat messages every 10 seconds over Battle.net® chat. User Interface Add-Ons should use the new send function and receive events to send communications information.
Isle of Thunder
- Resolved a bug where walls on the Isle of Thunder may incorrectly revert to an earlier progression stage.
Originally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentClasses
In expansions, we inevitably make a lot of changes. In the past, we haven't done as good of a job as we could at explaining /why/ on each. (Celestalon)
This time around, we're going to try to improve that, significantly. Things like design philosophy, intended effects, etc. (Celestalon)
It's a much larger undertaking than it may sound. The translation logistics alone are huge. But we're hoping you like the result (Celestalon)
Death Knight (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
All this sounds like its a much better Dancing Rune Weapon
We've made some significant improvements to DRW's functionality in 6.0, so hopefully this won't feel 'much better' anymore. (Celestalon)
Druid (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
hearing reports that starfall doesn't proc meta gem (maybe trinkets too) since the hotfix for nazgrim/immerseus
That is probably correct. We'll look into it. (WatcherDev)
thank you, I'd be fine not using starfall in D-stance anyway if you have to revert hotfix.
Starfall not procing things should have no basically impact on DPS. (Celestalon)
Starfall helped increase APM. A lot of players are changing playstyle/rotation to increase APM to "force" ICD procs
I'd like to see whatever basis you have for doing that. Its impact on trinket uptime is extremely negligible. (Celestalon)
additionally, if bindings doesn't proc on the icd, it has a large impact on dmg on 1st trans adds on garrosh (embodied doubt)
Starfall can still proc Bindings of Immerseus; just tried it. (Celestalon)
well this is awkward
And Starfall couldn't proc Lightweave before either. (Celestalon)
Hunter (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
with the buff of aspect of the hawk. will iron hawk get the +10% ap ontop it used to have or just be +10% damage reduction?
Perhaps a misunderstanding? Iron Hawk and regular Hawk have the same +%AP. The recent buff affected both. (Celestalon)
iron hawk used to be +35% ap when hawk was+25%. so iron hawk had a extra 10%ap as well as 10% damage reduction.
That has never been true, at any point. (Celestalon)
Priest (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
E.g. right now lots of players avoiding Shadow priest because of low "theoretical" parsing, but doing well when able to multidot
Yeah, people play and put effort into what they hear is best. Inflates those numbers, deflates what's perceived as worse. (Celestalon)
Do players also tend toward easier specs that do well, like Frost Mage (very easy) vs say Fire (more random, less control), etc?
That helps a bit, yeah. Destruction is much easier to get near optimal damage out of than Demonology. Contributes to the percep. (Celestalon)
Rogue (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
What's the ability that's given the design crew the most nightmares recently?
Shadow Reflection, at the moment. Customizing what it copies, and ensure it benefits from other passives. We'll get it right. (Celestalon)
It has pretty crazy potential. I'm especially eager to see what some high end PvPers can do with it, when they get good at... (Celestalon)
...anticipating their enemies actions. It will be very hard to line up, but you could both damage and CC/interrupt with it. (Celestalon)
(Of course it has quite solid PvE potential as well, but the things you do with it will be less... unexpected) (Celestalon)
Maybe not best place/time for this q, but: What happens if current target despawns/dies or a target clear otherwise occurs?
Shadow despawns. She's tied to the target. (Celestalon)
So it requires 16 seconds of consecutive uptime on a single target to work fully -- and 9 just to have any effect at all?
Er... wait. Maybe not uptime. What happens if I hit ShadRef while out of range of the target and spam Mutilate for 8 seconds?
Target needs to be attackable at time 0, and time 8-16. You need to be able to attack SOMETHING for time 0-8. (Celestalon)
It only copies abilities you successfully cast. You don't have to be in range of what you put it on though. (Celestalon)
So basically Shadow is much cooler, simpler and easy to use version of Focusing Crytal?
does the shadow only copy abilities or autoattacks as well? Poisons?
Offensive abilities only, no auto attacks or poisons. (Celestalon)
Is the shadow affected by any diminishing return timers that the player may have triggered during the "recording" period?
Yes, DR fully affects all of her casts, just as if you or another friendly rogue had cast them. (Celestalon)
I take it that means dynamic buffs also update on the rogue/shadow dynamically (e.g., Heroism at the 10th second)?
She inherits your buffs live, not offset. So you get an Agi proc and Mut just before it wears off, it won't affect her Mut. (Celestalon)
However, if you get an Agi proc AFTER you Mutilate, her Mutilate WOULD benefit from it. (Celestalon)
Suessing it wont work for Smoke? Or will the debuff be refreshed on the target and still removed elsewhere?
I know Smoke Bomb has offensive potential, but we're not going to count it as an offensive ability; she won't copy it. (Celestalon)
It's going to be a lot of fun watching how our resident geniuses plan and plot around all of this. I really hope it works.
Yeah, it has a really fun kit to it too; it's like you're teaching a pupil the best combo you know. (Celestalon)
An incredibly adept pupil, anyway. And attractive, too.
Hah... Not at the moment! My test character is currently one of the new race models that isn't done yet... Untextured skin! (Celestalon)
I can only imagine what that looks like, I'm guessing a little creepy.
More than a little. (Celestalon)
Example: the rogue might start with a 4 combo finisher, is that the first thing she will cast as well?
Yes, her finishers are copies of yours, as far as CP goes. The first thing she'd cast would be a 4cp finisher in your example. (Celestalon)
It would already be op and stupid in pvp if it only copied damage (double Killing S or double SD + MfD) ...
Fortunately, I can tell by your tweets that you're misunderstanding the basics of the ability. The offset is gigantic. (Celestalon)
Shaman (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
Why was Far Sight stealth nerfed for Shamans? Got no major complaints about it, but for a flavor spell, it no longer has flavor.
I'm not aware of any nerf to it; what changed? (Celestalon)
It has gone from unlimited range to 1000 yard range, so basically it's just a "zoom" now. It's a huge change for the worse sadly
Probably just a bugfix for some bug. Your client doesn't even load that far away anyway. How has it affected you? (Celestalon)
Actually, you could use Far Sight within Far Sight - we could see from Moonglade to Tanaris if we wanted to.
Ahhhh, that's right! I forgot about that. I'll see if I can find out why the range was added, and if there's some alternate fix. (Celestalon)
Excellent! Alot of shammies have been wondering about this, it has always been a truly fun flavor spell, bit sad over the change
Good news: Found an alternate fix, and put it back to unlimited range. (Celestalon)
Warlock (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
just read your tweets about demo lock. They are underpowered, they are far behind in single target and aoe, a fix would be good.
Demonology only looks underpowered compared to Affliction/Destruction. That's not grounds for a buff. (Celestalon)
Warrior (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
is it possible to add in WoD a proc art for raging blow in fury spec? Dont get why we dont already have one
Does "it nerfs PvE prot warrs hard on the altar of PvP" hold water ?
Feel like PvE players can get similar gameplay if they had talented into the stun through Warbringer. (holinka)
But lose double charge in the process. I'm also thinking about the hinted stormbolt/bladestorm swap.
Warriors can currently build into too much control or too much damage. The swap would fix that. (holinka)
The only compelling argument is that the spell has been a certain way forever & this change needs more testing. (holinka)
The argument that "we tried this before" doesn't hold water as it's a different change. (holinka)
No, same change. Charge on DR did not work.
We were keeping charge on a different DR, but removing the part that stops casting. (holinka)
So the whole point of this change is to get rid of focus charge interrupts.
Charge's design is a gap closer. They have gained control/disruption through the talent tree. (holinka)
We have no problem with warrior mobility but Double Time/Juggernaut have made them too disruptive (holinka)
So sort of confused as what the final iteration of changes will be. Charge left alone, DS/Pummel sharing a CD?
Yes, charge left alone, DS/Pummel sharing a CD. (holinka)
And I don't agree that you need it to be a stun to be effective at peeling or stopping a cast. (holinka)
We like this direction, but it's probably too much for 5.4.7. We plan on reverting the change. (holinka)
Would it be possible to allow fury warriors to wield a 2 hander and a one hander at the same time??
It's already possible, but we don't tune it to be viable (or plan to). Not as cool theme to it. (Celestalon)
Why can't arms wield 2x 1handers for shows?
If just for show is all you want, you can respec Fury...? (Celestalon)
Patch 5.4.7 - Alterac Valley Map Changes
@AlteracValley shared some images of some tweaks made to the Horde base in Patch 5.4.7. The hill that allows you to jump the fence into the base and the gap between the fence and tower entering the back of the baseare now gone, adding chokepoints for the Horde to take advantage of.
We can take a look next month and see if these map tweaks help the Horde win some more Alterac Valley games.
Warlords of Draenor Pre-Orders
While there hasn't been any announcement about WoD Pre-orders or mention of Level 90 Boosts in the official patch notes yet, Rygarius hinted that more information is coming soon!