Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    So 2 more bottlenecks for horde defenders but "exploit" of 20 hordies sitting over the gates and shoot you like critters but ally can't even touch them didn't fixed? good job blizz /applause
    What? the alliance has a bridge, and NPC's can hit you while you cap from their bunkers... Not sure what you're talking about on a spot they can't hit you though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    so, figures show Alliance get annihilated on EVERY map apart from AV.. . so they nerf AV?
    Don't they think that maybe Horde doesn't do so well there as every horde who does PVP regularly has it blacklisted?
    Next they'll be nerfing Isle of Conquest because its unfair for Horde having to send one person to destroy Glaives.
    Your comment doesn't even make sense man. Proof read it a little.
    Death Smiles at us all.

ah well looks like lost lost a raider or 2 they are bored and are waiting for the 90 boost and there ben no indication that its included here despite the fact that my guild id only 8/14 hc

first pvp season without a raid tier in...has this ever happened before?

I don't know why MoP is so bad with PVP. I started a Rogue in Cata. I had a pretty even win/loss ratio . After I summed everything up (I actually recorded this in a wordpad I still have), I had over 1000 games played and a 56% win ratio.

The other day I was curious and I did some adding/subtracting. The sample size is still pretty low (125~ games played since MoP) but it's enough to see a pattern.

My win ratio now is at a staggering 34%. I lose almost all games I play. All the new BG's besides Temple I have a 25-33% win rate. Temple is about even at 50/50. Strand of the Ancients is less than 20%. I've only lost a couple of Isle games, winning almost 90% of those. Arathi is at an all-time low, at roughly 43%. I used to win Arathi in cata pretty regularly.

Some things I've noticed. In Arathi, Horde always seem to win by taking BS/Farm/LM. They can hang around the middle and get to either three in less than 10 seconds. Farm also has a great view of BS flag while stables does not. You can also get from LM to BS with slow fall pretty quickly while having a great view of attackers. They should add a bridge from ST to BS and erase the cliff over the flag, making it a hill like from horde side. Also, make mines on a hill like LM. Only way to balance Arathi, I think. That, or randomize which side starts out where.

I have NO freakin' idea what is going on with SoTA since MoP. I used to win just fine in Cata. I would even play it nonstop on BG weekend with good results. I have seriously only won FOUR SoTA's since S14 and I've played 25. One win was due to neither side being able to get the relic and Alliance happened to be defending second.

Statistics are fun, but mine aren't. PVP as an alliance is god awful in MoP.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2014-02-18 at 11:55 AM.

I'm amused by the changes to the horde base ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    first pvp season without a raid tier in...has this ever happened before?
    No, but there is a first time for everything.

BattleTag™ or Real ID friends are now only able to send 10 chat messages every 10 seconds over Battle.net® chat. User Interface Add-Ons should use the new send function and receive events to send communications information.
    Did they just break OQ? ... sure hope not because it's the only way for my to effectivly find an flex group.

Also the AV map change, only took them about 7-8 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceDH View Post
    Did they just break OQ? ... sure hope not because it's the only way for my to effectivly find an flex group.

Also the AV map change, only took them about 7-8 years
    I don't think they did.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
    No, but there is a first time for everything.
    It was sorta needed. While you can draw a a line as Alliance and hold it. Horde was a leaky bucket in that regard. Even if you made a line you always had people ninja capping your back line.

On a side note, Frostwolf Peons must be in unions, it took longer then my cities.

*We can take a look next month and see if these map tweaks help the Horde win some more Alterac Valley games.*

Wait a second...let's take a look into my crystal ball. Wow....it shows a big, fat "NO!". What a surprise.

Seriously, the results in Isle of Conquest and Alterac are not going to change as long as the alliance always wins if both sides are equally skilled and both just go for the main goal of the BG(so essentially playing PvE instead of PvP). It's a known fact for about 6 years that the horde win rate increases dramatically once they have a serious defending force and getting into pvp....unfortunately most of the horde still behave like lemmings following bots down a cliff(and to be fair...if the horde would start at the ally-point then the allies would behave similar stupid!).
    This is not going to change by adding a third choke point if just nobody is defending anyway at the other 2 either. Not to mention that this choke point is NOT comparable to the bridge and the curve in/near the ally base either. What they need to do is slowing down the speed that allies can rush downward, change the bridge...and actually give players incentives to defend and pvp instead of doing mindless pve-rushes. As long as players believe that mindless PvE rushes are the fastest/best way and they win just once in a blue moon that way(like horde does) they will keep doing that("Oh, I lost the last 8 games? But yesterday we won one....so let's rush again, it's fast and we can win.". Sounds stupid? Well...it is...but I heard that kind of argument about 100 times in AV to the point where I stopped playing my most beloved BG alltogether)....

so, figures show Alliance get annihilated on EVERY map apart from AV.. . so they nerf AV?
    Don't they think that maybe Horde doesn't do so well there as every horde who does PVP regularly has it blacklisted?
    Next they'll be nerfing Isle of Conquest because its unfair for Horde having to send one person to destroy Glaives.
    So you think allies deserve unfair advantages cause they can't win on mirror maps? Fair competition isn't your thing, right? ;-)
    Maybe if the allies couldn't just do mindless PvE-rushes in AV and Isle of Conquest you would actually see some skilled dudes in other BGs again and the win rate for allies there would increase....just a thought.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2014-02-18 at 02:38 PM.

AV hasn't been fun since Vanilla, when it was an epic slugfest that would go on for days. The last time I did AV was in WoTLK and other Horde players actually yelled at me for defending

Would be nice if I can actually get to play the game without crashing every 5 min...

Sadly the 40 man BGs will always remain on my 'do not queue' lists. Too many bots seem to enjoy them and they are usually chaotic and nobody listens to any strategys. If I could ban 3 then I wouldn't have to play SotA either. Oh well, too little too late. Either make AV symmetrical or it is biased. Not going to play it.

This has been a long time coming like Vanilla long time, and this shows why asymmetrical multiplayer maps are almost impossible to balance. We have been yelling at Blizzard to fix this and it only took them 9 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Sadly the 40 man BGs will always remain on my 'do not queue' lists. Too many bots seem to enjoy them and they are usually chaotic and nobody listens to any strategys. If I could ban 3 then I wouldn't have to play SotA either. Oh well, too little too late. Either make AV symmetrical or it is biased. Not going to play it.
    Honestly, if someone gets 3 deserters in a day it should be A full day PvP ban, this would almost completely destroy botting in PvP.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    So you think allies deserve unfair advantages cause they can't win on mirror maps? Fair competition isn't your thing, right? ;-)
    Maybe if the allies couldn't just do mindless PvE-rushes in AV and Isle of Conquest you would actually see some skilled dudes in other BGs again and the win rate for allies there would increase....just a thought.
    Most of the maps aren't mirrors. Arathi Basin is not a mirror map. Horde has a bridge between Farm/BS if they run a straight line, Alliance has water between ST/BS if they run a straight line.

WSG/Twin peaks is not a mirror map. The Horde base is downhill from the alliance base, making things like Disengage and Heroic Leap take people further because coming from alliance->Horde base actually gains you distance if you use abilities like those. If you jump off from the top of the alliance base in either TP or WSG with a parachute, you will get taken most of the way back to the horde base. If you do that from the Horde base to the Alliance base, well...you can't in TP, and you don't get very far in WSG. Very subtle difference, just proving they're not equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    E.g. right now lots of players avoiding Shadow priest because of low "theoretical" parsing, but doing well when able to multidot
    Yeah, people play and put effort into what they hear is best. Inflates those numbers, deflates what's perceived as worse. (Celestalon)
    Blah blah blah... I can't hear this excuse anymore.
    Shadow is crap right now except for a few gimmick encounters. (Yay D-Star @ Thok)

But noo, Blizzard thinks "everything is fine", and meanwhile any Warlock worth his salt keeps on trucking and laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Most of the maps aren't mirrors. Arathi Basin is not a mirror map. Horde has a bridge between Farm/BS if they run a straight line, Alliance has water between ST/BS if they run a straight line.

WSG/Twin peaks is not a mirror map. The Horde base is downhill from the alliance base, making things like Disengage and Heroic Leap take people further because coming from alliance->Horde base actually gains you distance if you use abilities like those. If you jump off from the top of the alliance base in either TP or WSG with a parachute, you will get taken most of the way back to the horde base. If you do that from the Horde base to the Alliance base, well...you can't in TP, and you don't get very far in WSG. Very subtle difference, just proving they're not equal.

Well, we can talk about arathi.....but in case of TP and WSG that is hardly a game breaking difference. How do you want to explain the 65% win rate for horde in SotA there?
    The definitely loopsided BGs are currently AV and IoC simply cause allies can PvE rush them while horde has to go PvP-zerg for a serious chance to win...so expecting a different playstyle and time investment from both faction. Then you have arathi which would need some minor tweaks(well the bridge thing, which then would need one at the other side towards mines for horde as well. The current meta is mostly players fault tho...mines are much worse than sawmill, still alliance goes for mines). The rest is more or less fine....

Deleted
    That AV change took them years to do it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    A lot of things they do take years. You'd think that a multi-million dollar gaming company and one of the most successful in the world would be able to do it with the snap of their fingers, but nooope.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    A lot of things they do take years. You'd think that a multi-million dollar gaming company and one of the most successful in the world would be able to do it with the snap of their fingers, but nooope.
    They have explained this before. AV is so congested by spaghetti-code that it's near a miracle if they are able to change things at all without everything falling down around them.