Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Uh-oh, Alliance is winning 2/10 BGs.... we'd better fix that shit STAT .... can't have them WINNING something trololol -_-

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They have explained this before. AV is so congested by spaghetti-code that it's near a miracle if they are able to change things at all without everything falling down around them.
    Could just as well take the time to fix their spaghetti code then, might even be able to get some improvements in while they're at it.
    If I had to pick 1 thing about blizzard that bugs me the most it's how much they are focussed on going forward.
    Meanwhile older stuff starts bugging and unless it really prevents you from doing something, it's unlikely to get fixed until they pull a cataclysm on said content.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They have explained this before. AV is so congested by spaghetti-code that it's near a miracle if they are able to change things at all without everything falling down around them.
    Source?
    I'm pretty sure it's not as complicated as that, look at all the old stuff they changed in cataclysm, that must have been a spaghetti bologna?

  4. #44
    People still play AV, since they removed the idea of a Battlefield, battleground (mix of PvE and PvP) and made it more of a quick arena....

    i've never really played since it lost its feel.

    i miss the druids and summoning. i miss when it felt like a battle, not a glorified larger arena....

  5. #45
    I'm horde and I haven't played AV since I had the ability to remove it from my random queue. More changes like that map change are needed if you expect any educated horde players to subject themselves to that currently imbalanced map. None of my friends queue for it either, I find it a small miracle you alliance have any horde to play against at all in AV right now, or maybe it's all bots?

  6. #46
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    Source?
    I'm pretty sure it's not as complicated as that, look at all the old stuff they changed in cataclysm, that must have been a spaghetti bologna?
    I think unfortunately it was on the old forums that has gone the way of the dodo, but I'll look around to see if I can dig up an old copy somewhere.

    And I'm just saying, sometimes there are good reasons for them taking as lnog as they do. That's not saying that at other times they do seem to stretch it to the limit though.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I think unfortunately it was on the old forums that has gone the way of the dodo, but I'll look around to see if I can dig up an old copy somewhere.

    And I'm just saying, sometimes there are good reasons for them taking as lnog as they do. That's not saying that at other times they do seem to stretch it to the limit though.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6712882789

    Post 3.

    I've already seen some great AV games thanks to these changes - 70% have been lengthy battles including one that went on for 40 minutes. Seeing Horde defend more is great, even if we lose. I have high hopes for next expac's AV, maybe they'll get the tuning of the NPCs right and they'll be tough from the start instead of falling over upon targeting them.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo View Post
    I've already seen some great AV games thanks to these changes - 70% have been lengthy battles including one that went on for 40 minutes.
    It took 8 years, but we finally got the gap in the fence and the hill removed! Now they just need to fix the positioning of either the paths or the NPCs in the Horde base, give Horde wider towers with flags the archers can see and fill in the trench between Snowfall and the Ally base and we'll have a decent map. Maybe in 2022.

    But on the fun side of things, I'd really like to see them change the summons so they're quicker to activate and for the damage and HP they have to be boosted so they're effective if they are summoned.
    Today horde tried. As soon as we saw a turtle was forming at Iceblood we started collecting blood (took about 15 minutes to collect and turn in), got the shamans to the summoning circle, and pulled 10 people to do the summon, and for all that Lok got to spend about 2 minutes dancing around in the middle before the match ended via resources. If we'd been trying to do the other summons, we'd never have even gotten that far. Even the longest matches just don't have the time to be able to get those summons off and they're the best part of AV.

  9. #49
    HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

    "We finally got your walls working! Now defend or lose!"

    So Horde is once again forced to defend in order to win, just like the old days.

    At the end of the day if 0 Horde is defending and both sides play the ZERG game, the Horde archers aren't gonna do anything, Alliance will zerg with 40 and with no Hordes/Alliance wanting to defend/turtle, what's the deference?

    Horde, enjoy getting raped in AV yet again, because if you defend/turtle, Alliance will just do the same to you at their base after they die, and with their INVINCIBLE FORTRESS, good luck winning AV with a full pug grp.

    What a DISGRACE Blizzard.
    Last edited by glycerethe; 2014-02-19 at 08:01 AM.

  10. #50
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6712882789

    Post 3.

    I've already seen some great AV games thanks to these changes - 70% have been lengthy battles including one that went on for 40 minutes. Seeing Horde defend more is great, even if we lose. I have high hopes for next expac's AV, maybe they'll get the tuning of the NPCs right and they'll be tough from the start instead of falling over upon targeting them.
    Thank you! Been looking for that one for ages! You epic person you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •