Poll: Was this reasonable to do that to the animals at all?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is C.I.A material.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    People test medicine on rodents, often leads to even more and worse tortures than this guy did. But i guess 100% people over there uses medicine that previously was tested on rodents.

Or, exterminators.
    Exterminators are pretty good at their job, generally. Edit: Though the situation you described in Russia is... Well; nasty. Then again: Russia does have quite a large problem with enforcement and regulation, and it's not surprising the Russians blame everything on the government if what I see from Russia is true.

Also: You don't seem to understand animal testing all that well. There's rulebooks and rulebooks absolutely full of regulations in order to minimize the animal's suffering, and one slip-up, even with mice, can cost you your career. Animal testing is done because it is necessary. Not because it's fun. Sure; many pharmaceuticals perform animal tests that are not necessary (because the pharmaceutical industry is not, so any pharma animal testing is unnecessary by default), but scientific animal testing for medicine... Now that is a well-restricted and regulated affair.

It's not hypocritical at all to want this person to be punished and sent to a shrink. The act of torture has a completely different intent from the examples here, and is completely unnecessary.
    Sure; rodents can become pests. But that doesn't mean we should just torture rodents because they are rodents. Or even kill them for that reason. When you have an infestation in your home, you can call the exterminator. The exterminator will kill them as quickly as possible. Your problem is gone. But random rodents in the trash never did anything to you, and you really shouldn't eat them. So why would you kill them?
    Worse still... Why would you torture them? What sick satisfaction can come from inflicting untold suffering upon a fellow vertebrate?
    Last edited by Stir; 2014-02-19 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    This guy belongs on shutter island

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I lived in a farm and i rats and mice are pests. We had like 3 cats to hunt them, but we still sometimes seen them and the only reaction i had back then is get a shovel and hit it 3 or 4 times, they are very resilient. Most exterminators just spray out poison to kill pests. I had to deal with exterminator only once, when our neighbor had rodent problem and exterminator had our cat in his cage. Yes, my feeling towards all exterminators are biased from that time.

Russia has animal cruelty laws, but it lacks of enforcement, like with any other laws, that's why many citizens don't cares about laws and blames government for everything.
    I don't care if you lived on a farm and killed rats, you didn't torture them so you're nothing like this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I would have done it differently if I could have. But it wasn't worth it.
    What is this supposed to mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    No, I think he's an abhorrent cunt. I get almost irrationally angry when it comes to animal cruelty so I'd probably be ok with some pretty over-the-top punishments.
    Pretty much this.

Torture + exhibitionism is just plain sick. Whether it's an insect, rat or human. I too get so, so angry when I see/hear about things like this happening.

Let him wear this story for the rest of his life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Same, haha!

Anyways, I detest the idea of animal torture and even the whole "rat experimentation" thing. Much of what those scientist do is equally as cruel. Rats may seem small and insignificant to our all-important human selves, but that doesn't mean they are incapable of feeling excruciating pain in the same way we do.

Just for shits and giggles, I would be curious to know if these "rats are pests and deserve what they get" kind of people would feel the same way if an alien civilization invaded Earth and started experimenting on and torturing us. Clearly, their argument should still hold true, would it not?
    Yes , it's the thing with nature if you are the strongest shit around you decide the rules

When something stronger comes around , you have three choices

Bend to its rules
    Die a futile death
    Leave
    Last edited by mmoc0abcacbae5; 2014-02-19 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pippen1001 View Post
    Yes , it's the thing with nature if you are the strongest shit around you decide the rules
    Let's hope said aliens are fair then.

i know alot of young kids 'torture' animals (i use quotes there cause one person's version of torture is anothers version of putting them down or getting rid of a pest). but the ones who keep torturing animals as they get older and do sicker things to the animals usually end up being like psychopaths or something and they need counselling before they move onto humans. not sure if jail is good for someone with what is essencially a mental disorder but they should get manditory intense therapy. perhaps monitoring if they are deemed to be dangerous... but im just some person, not an expert, so what do i know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Let's hope said aliens are fair then.
    Yes unless they exterminate us and keep a small population for zoo's and want me to breed their zoo population

but to keep this on topic I dont condone torture in any form, if you have to kill something do it quick and painless,
    as i said the strongest shit decides the rules, but we have to live with the consequences of said rules
    Last edited by mmoc0abcacbae5; 2014-02-19 at 01:45 PM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    His last name is Semens and I lost it.

huehuehuehue
    sigh........
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    sigh........
    What, you didn't find it funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    No, I think he's an abhorrent cunt. I get almost irrationally angry when it comes to animal cruelty so I'd probably be ok with some pretty over-the-top punishments.
    Agreed. I have no problem with killing pests like mice, but get it over with quickly. There's no need for any of the shit this guy did like cutting off the rat's ears and tails. Just use those traps that instantly kill.

I remember seeing a story a while back about these teenagers who set a cat on fire because they thought it'd be funny. If I came across anyone doing that, I'd end up going to jail myself, for assault.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-21 at 11:14 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    That guy has problems. He needs some help asap.
    Least of all being his last name.

Vermin are vermin, However they are still animal's and should not be tortured, if you absolutely must destroy an animal where capture and release is not an option due to any factors, then the destruction of the animal should be done quick and as painless as is humanly possible.