Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    And I'm saddened by how easily you do not.
    You are saddened by how someone doesn't easily believe whatever they see posted over the internet?! That kind of sheepish behaviour is one of the main reasons why people have so skewed views on matters since forever: wrong information.

Why should this piece of information be right, because it is in accordance to your personal opinion about the situation? You seem to be as biased as you accuse the person you quoted for being. Or is your bias acceptable because "you are on the side of the angels," of course according to you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    Shouldn't enlightened EU people ask and verify things before making statements and assumptions?
    Yeah, because when civil rights violations and crimes are being committed against someone who's managing to report them to the world, what you do is disbelieve those reports, let time pass, let the spin doctors do their job, and let the people in power twist the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    Why should this piece of information be right
    You get arrested for no reason. You get beaten. You manage to tell people about it. Why the hell would anyone believe you? Everyone should consider you to be a liar, right?

We need Bill Clinton's leadership right about now:

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how many so called celebrities immediately clinged to all that Pussy Riot "drama", while they didn't show a bit of care due to supposed situation before. Somebody even came up with a term for that - protest marauder. It's when you cling to a side, which is somehow treated unfairly and have big media attention, so you can have more media attention and appear to be a good guy. There are lots of bands which could be called dissident in actual authoritarian country, but they don't get arrested, because they do what bands supposed to do - music and get their message through their art, not drawing huge dicks on bridges and fuck in public. Like this:

It's in russian, but you can get general idea from the video. I think it's quite strong work.

Yeah, because when civil rights violations and crimes are being committed against someone who's managing to report them to the world, what you do is disbelieve those reports, let time pass, let the spin doctors do their job, and let the people in power twist the truth.
    Where is the evidence that civil rights violations and crimes are being committed? Do Courts of Law in EU pass their verdicts based solely on internet posts?

Who cares about these b****es anyway? One more couple of protesting whores.

Deleted
    Where is the evidence that civil rights violations and crimes are being committed? Do Courts of Law in EU pass their verdicts based solely on internet posts?
    See, that's the funny thing about evidence and faulty legal systems; as long as you don't get caught, no crime ever took place.

Steal something, don't get caught, you're not a thief.
    Kill someone, don't get caught, you're not a murderer.

If you think there's such a thing as "evidence" in this particular situation, that would ever see a courtroom or an unbiased judge you're deluded.

Good riddance, hopefull they stay there.

There are people who actually deserve the attention, who genuinely try to change their society, but these women surely not.

See, that's the funny thing about evidence and faulty legal systems; as long as you don't get caught, no crime ever took place.

Steal something, don't get caught, you're not a thief.
    Kill someone, don't get caught, you're not a murderer.
    What now? Dismiss Courts of Law? Am I reading posts from democratic EU citizen?

If you think there's such a thing as "evidence" in this particular situation, that would ever see a courtroom or an unbiased judge you're deluded.
    What you mean by "biased judge"? Biased towards what?

Deleted
    What now? Dismiss Courts of Law? Am I reading posts from democratic EU citizen?
    That's not what I said. I said the system - be it Russian, American or even Finnish - is faulty. I didn't say we should dismiss the courts of law. The fault is that I can commit a crime, and as long as there's no "evidence" to be presented to those courts, I'm supposedly not a criminal - even though in reality I obviously am.

Hence my comment on what's going on in Sochi right now.

What you mean by "biased judge"? Biased towards what?
    It makes no difference, really, what they're biased towards. Whether it's fear of Putin, lust for Rubles, or whatever else. As long as they're not unbiased - as I'm sure they're not - my point stands.

Also, I'm not a "democratic EU citizen." I'm not a citizen of the EU. I'm a citizen of Finland. Whoever decided we should be in the EU didn't get my vote, nor did I agree with that decision.

That's not what I said. I said the system - be it Russian, American or even Finnish - is faulty. I didn't say we should dismiss the courts of law. The fault is that I can commit a crime, and as long as there's no "evidence" to be presented to those courts, I'm supposedly not a criminal - even though in reality I obviously am.

Hence my comment on what's going on in Sochi right now.
    So the fault of modern Court of Laws is that there are no certificated telepaths who can fingerpoint a true criminal? Anyway, why should we take posts in internet for truth without any evindences. I don't think that we should automatically dismiss them, but there is absolutely no reason to automatically belief them as well.

It makes no difference, really, what they're biased towards. Whether it's fear of Putin, lust for Rubles, or whatever else. As long as they're not unbiased - as I'm sure they're not - my point stands.
    How do you know that judges will be biased?

How "fear of Putin" has anything to do with these attention whores?

Lust for Rubles? Who gonna pay these roubles? For what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Who cares about these b****es anyway? One more couple of protesting whores.
    Uh, what? Is it wrong to protest now?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Good riddance, hopefull they stay there.

There are people who actually deserve the attention, who genuinely try to change their society, but these women surely not.
    And why do they deserve to be in jail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuax View Post
    It's funny how many so called celebrities immediately clinged to all that Pussy Riot "drama", while they didn't show a bit of care due to supposed situation before.
    You have got to be kidding... The reason they didn't show support before Pussy Riot drama, is because Pussy Riot succeeded in getting attention. You are using their success in putting a spotlight on the issue, by questioning why there was no spotlight before?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    You have got to be kidding... The reason they didn't show support before Pussy Riot drama, is because Pussy Riot succeeded in getting attention. You are using their success in putting a spotlight on the issue, by questioning why there was no spotlight before?
    Which issue exactly they addressed? So far all I see is that they mainly attracted white knights, attention whores, wanna be rebels and sensationalist journalists. So far they showed that they awful in addressing in any problems. All their performances only caused scandals, but there was zero message. Well, sometimes there was sort of message, but it was on an angry 14 years old teenager. Sometimes enough is enough. "If you can't shit, don't torture your ass", - as we say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Not much in the means of details, but it's definitely suggestive the Russian authorities may of had a hand.
    of course they did, they were in russia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    They should charge the brunette with giving me a boner.
    U sure, after watching this? (warning explicit content!)
    http://plucer.livejournal.com/281211.html
    http://actionism.ru/art-group/ebis-z...kom-muzee.html
    http://plucer.livejournal.com/265584.html

Where's the vid where they attack a female police officer with water pistols filled with urine? They (pussy riot) uploaded a lot of sick stuff themselves, now they trying to hide it. Convenient western media silence of their acts pre-punk-prayer? Seriously, why would they take such pervy anarchist law breakers and put them on a pedestal if west isn't anti-Russian? Heh?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, first of all, walking on the street is hardly breaking any law of any country, even Russia. Secondly, where the hell do you come up with the idea that people are "directing hatred at the Russians"?
    In the west (usa amongst others) you can be detained without charge. Lets face it, they are not in Sochi for watching the games, they are there to create publicity to feed their egos and the only way they can create controversy is by breaking the law, otherwise they are just another loud mouth nut amongst others.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2014-02-18 at 06:09 PM.

Can this be one of those "everyone is stupid" things plz?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    In the west (usa amongst others) you can be detained without charge. Lets face it, they are not in Sochi for watching the games, they are there to create publicity to feed their egos and the only way they can create controversy is by breaking the law, otherwise they are just another loud mouth nut amongst others.
    Until they break the law they're free to be as loud and attention seeking as they bloody well please.

Deleted
    Until they break the law they're free to be as loud and attention seeking as they bloody well please.
    Law-abiding good peoples then in your opinion? LOL

Considering this is the most expensive olympics ever, the amount of troops n security in place, those sickos are just going to walk right in there and turn the olympics into another of their twisted scenes? Breaking the law and pissing all over society is all they are about, they should never have been in jail, but in an asylum. The west are just using those weak pathetic creatures to attack Russia with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Law-abiding good peoples then in your opinion? LOL

Considering this is the most expensive olympics ever, the amount of troops n security in place, those sickos are just going to walk right in there and turn the olympics into another of their twisted scenes? Breaking the law and pissing all over society is all they are about, they should never have been in jail, but in an asylum. The west are just using those weak pathetic creatures to attack Russia with.
    Russia has larger focal points than this group.