Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Are you then suggesting that Invincible should drop off Barrens boars?

I don't really think you thought your opinion through.
    Read the post I replied to. This may give you some insight as to why I wrote what I wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Two difference game systems, two different reward systems. Deal with it.
    Right now WoW is all about homogenization and everything being the same to everyone. Why should the mount rewards be any different? At least put the stupid glad drakes on the BMAH if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Read the post I replied to. This may give you some insight as to why I wrote what I wrote.
    I did, and my point stands. You didn't think your post through.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now WoW is all about homogenization and everything being the same to everyone. Why should the mount rewards be any different? At least put the stupid glad drakes on the BMAH if nothing else.
    Yay, another spiteful person who thinks aspect X should suffer, because aspect Y suffered.

Bolded the sensationalist nonsense of your post.

Deleted
    With the exclusion of this season due to the merged battlegroup, Rank 1 and Glad has always been far harder than Full Heroic Clears even if you only take into account the ones pre-nerf and current content.
    I'm sorry, I actually prefer PvE myself but even I PvP a fair bit at a somewhat serious level, so I'm not even blindly defending my opinion.
    Put World Class Raiders in a Rank 1 3v3 battle and if you exclude the exceptional players that are good at everything (It's not wrath anymore so these people are few and far between) they'll get trampled over and over and over. Simply because the transition between PvE and PvP is really tough, you don't have to take into account human nature.
    Now put Multi Rank 1 Glads in a 10/25man Heroic Raid and they'll stand a much better chance, it's basic knowledge that you need to get for Raiding but for PvPing it's entirely different.

Going massively off-topic but seriously, giving people the GLADIATOR mount when they haven't ever earned GLADIATOR in Arena is just like leaving mounts with a 100% drop chance from Heroic Raids like Invicible from LK etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Put World Class Raiders in a Rank 1 3v3 battle and if you exclude the exceptional players that are good at everything (It's not wrath anymore so these people are few and far between) they'll get trampled over and over and over. Simply because the transition between PvE and PvP is really tough, you don't have to take into account human nature.
    Now put Multi Rank 1 Glads in a 10/25man Heroic Raid and they'll stand a much better chance, it's basic knowledge that you need to get for Raiding but for PvPing it's entirely different.
    To be fair, most high-end PvE guilds tend to include a lot of high-end PvPers by virture of harvesting skilled players anyway.

Good players tend to be good at everything they put their mind to, be it PvP, PvE or that stupid cannon minigame in Darkmoon Faire.

Bad players tend to make excuses and think more highly of themselves than what they are in reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    To be fair, most high-end PvE guilds tend to include a lot of high-end PvPers by virture of harvesting skilled players anyway.

Good players tend to be good at everything they put their mind to, be it PvP, PvE or that stupid cannon minigame in Darkmoon Faire.

Bad players tend to make excuses and think more highly of themselves than what they are in reality.
    If it was Wrath or Cata I'd agree with your first point but it's actually becoming extremely rare to see someone play at 2500+ legit and have at least 13/14HC. At least on EU, I don't play US so my opinion stops there.

Those few good players are just bastards

Sometimes I tell myself: "There is no way I'll ever see even more stupid thread than this one." Wrong every time.

Frost Wyrms are one of the coolest looking mounts. I mean unlike other seasons, where they are all drakes, granted the frost wyrms are undead drags but it really stands out by itself.

And yes, i was an ele sham in S8 playing Spell cleave or later on (Holydin, Disc, Ele, Destro and Arms). Hate me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    No please don't make the mounts I've seen 5-10 total (all Gladiator mounts) in game more common. Seriously what's the point of those mounts and all the work that went into them when you basically never see one?
    Its literally normal drakes with armor on.

And i see one of those every single time i log on my Hunter. Pretty common to me.

Seriously, LOL at this thread.

Those are literally the only mounts in game that I admire people for having.

Even though I wish I could get the, I'm going to have to say a big NO. That would ruin the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Its literally normal drakes with armor on.

And i see one of those every single time i log on my Hunter. Pretty common to me.

Seriously, LOL at this thread.
    That's why the frost wyrms are special. They look different from the normal variants of drakes. And immediately people will recognise it as a WOTLk reward.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    That's why the frost wyrms are special. They look different from the normal variants of drakes. And immediately people will recognise it as a WOTLk reward.
    As someone who owns a WotLK gladiator mount, no.

I went back to TBC gladiator mounts when they released the comparatively-effortless PvE version. They're only really distinguishable by someone who knows what they're looking at.

To be honest they haven't made cool Gladiator mounts since BC with the armored netherwing drakes. All of the others pale in comparison and aren't nearly as identifiable from their respective non glad counterparts. Frostwyrms are probably the second coolest but they, like I said, are very hard to tell apart from the ICC versions.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2014-02-18 at 02:23 PM.

the fact that YOU are comparing such an easy achievement, even in WOTLK, to a gladiator mount says to me you have no idea what it takes to become one. Gladiator is a prestigious title and the mount is deserving of its exclusivity. No ONE should ever recieve those mounts unless they earned it.. EVER. When you spent hours farming 5 pts a win trudging through 2400, 1 resist could make or break the game (Glad, BC season 2) and effectively set u back 20 pts and all that time was wasted, it was maddening. I look back with both hearty memories of achievement, and also disdain at the manner of how i lost the love i had for the game. Nowadays i just sit outside dueltar n strut.. i dont need to prove anything to anyone, and im happy

Dumb thread. Glad demands the most skill in the game, not pve titles.
    Last edited by Satelliteyears0o; 2014-02-18 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    To be honest they haven't made cool Gladiator mounts since BC with the armored netherwing drakes. All of the others pale in comparison and aren't nearly as identifiable from their respective non glad counterparts. Frostwyrms are probably the second coolest but they, like I said, are very hard to tell apart from the ICC versions.
    Fully agree.

pve joe cant play pvp but pvp hank can pve with one thumb
    Thanks, you made my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

OP, you're doing it backwards. There should be more exclusive mounts in the game, on both sides of the fence, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Only S6/S8 ones are remotely distinguishable. S5/S7 ones are almost carbon copies of the ICC meta drakes. I'd say they had it the worst actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everything should be available to everyone forever.

You aren't special.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?