Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You aren't special.
    my parents lied to me? it's santa clause all over again.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    the fact that YOU are comparing such an easy achievement, even in WOTLK, to a gladiator mount says to me you have no idea what it takes to become one. Gladiator is a prestigious title and the mount is deserving of its exclusivity. No ONE should ever recieve those mounts unless they earned it.. EVER. When you spent hours farming 5 pts a win trudging through 2400, 1 resist could make or break the game (Glad, BC season 2) and effectively set u back 20 pts and all that time was wasted, it was maddening. I look back with both hearty memories of achievement, and also disdain at the manner of how i lost the love i had for the game. Nowadays i just sit outside dueltar n strut.. i dont need to prove anything to anyone, and im happy

Dumb thread. Glad demands the most skill in the game, not pve titles.
    The only reason why people think this way is because Blizz watered down PVE.
    There is less CC required,
    meta's can be done on the easier flex as opposed to a combination of normal and hard (this is the equivalent of BGs to Arena for PVP),
    they nerf raids almost immediately after they come out (would be if they said to you "everyone in the top 5% gets gladiator),
    and they never take away the rewards (like a level 90 in a level 70 BG w the possibility of a mount drop).

They tried to take away the rewards by having them expire after the raid had been out for a period of time to make it where PVE had an elite sector like PVP does, but they took that away. They allow people to gear up with PVP gear to do PVE content but they cap PVE gear when you do PVP.

An elite raider should be on par with a gladiator in terms of skill and respect. But the changes that Blizz has implemented to water down PVE content, how they made the raids easier and the mounts more obtainable, how they never removed those mounts, this is what is causing this false sense of superiority that PVP players have over PVE players.

If Invincible had been removed (not changed to 1%), same w/ Onyxia, Ashes, Mimiron's Head, and so forth, then there would not be any "I only respect people on a gladiator mount" or "that is the only way you know if a player is skilled" crap that is constantly spewed.

And that stupid line about the only way you know if a player is skilled... accounts are constantly being sold and the ones that are highly traded are the ones w gladiator title and mount.

And as far as the line that the mount was your reward and those that didn't earn it don't deserve it. More than half of you screaming this were on the other side of the isle when the argument was presented about the Grand Marshal title becoming available and the GM gear being available for transmog. There were those who got the once prestigious title in Vanilla who couldn't believe they were making it available and MUCH MUCH easier to obtain. Those people devoted so much of their lives to get that title, horror stories of people taking vacation time to push them into that #1 spot on their server. And then every new buck in the PVP world felt they were entitled to it as well. For those of you who got the title back in Vanilla I congratulate you for such a legendary feat. For all those who obtained that title with a RBG rating or used any of the GM gear for transmog, you are no different from me for wanting some access to the mounts.

There are plenty of bads in the PVE world
    just as there are in the PVP world.
    The difference is we were forced to allow non-skilled people obtain our mounts.

We too could have been "pretty little snowflakes" if our world was not nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    Gladiator mounts should be purchasable.

Then why call them Gladiator mounts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
    The only reason why people think this way is because Blizz watered down PVE.
    There is less CC required,
    meta's can be done on the easier flex as opposed to a combination of normal and hard (this is the equivalent of BGs to Arena for PVP),
    they nerf raids almost immediately after they come out (would be if they said to you "everyone in the top 5% gets gladiator),
    and they never take away the rewards (like a level 90 in a level 70 BG w the possibility of a mount drop).

They tried to take away the rewards by having them expire after the raid had been out for a period of time to make it where PVE had an elite sector like PVP does, but they took that away. They allow people to gear up with PVP gear to do PVE content but they cap PVE gear when you do PVP.

An elite raider should be on par with a gladiator in terms of skill and respect. But the changes that Blizz has implemented to water down PVE content, how they made the raids easier and the mounts more obtainable, how they never removed those mounts, this is what is causing this false sense of superiority that PVP players have over PVE players.

If Invincible had been removed (not changed to 1%), same w/ Onyxia, Ashes, Mimiron's Head, and so forth, then there would not be any "I only respect people on a gladiator mount" or "that is the only way you know if a player is skilled" crap that is constantly spewed.

And that stupid line about the only way you know if a player is skilled... accounts are constantly being sold and the ones that are highly traded are the ones w gladiator title and mount.

And as far as the line that the mount was your reward and those that didn't earn it don't deserve it. More than half of you screaming this were on the other side of the isle when the argument was presented about the Grand Marshal title becoming available and the GM gear being available for transmog. There were those who got the once prestigious title in Vanilla who couldn't believe they were making it available and MUCH MUCH easier to obtain. Those people devoted so much of their lives to get that title, horror stories of people taking vacation time to push them into that #1 spot on their server. And then every new buck in the PVP world felt they were entitled to it as well. For those of you who got the title back in Vanilla I congratulate you for such a legendary feat. For all those who obtained that title with a RBG rating or used any of the GM gear for transmog, you are no different from me for wanting some access to the mounts.

There are plenty of bads in the PVE world
    just as there are in the PVP world.
    The difference is we were forced to allow non-skilled people obtain our mounts.

We too could have been "pretty little snowflakes" if our world was not nerfed.
    You win this thread. Thank you for also speaking my thoughts.