Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for Seigemaster Blackfuse Tips 10M Normal

Hey folks,

The last couple of months has been crazy getting our full team moving. First it was the Holidays and then the last few weeks has been difficult with the weather in the northeast as well as some R.L. commitments... So we're heading in to face Siegemaster Normal for the first time this Friday.

Most of the guides were written a few months back, so I'm wondering if anything has changed. Our (friends/family) raid team consists of:

1- Pally Tank
    1- Blood DK Tank
    1 - Resto Druid
    1 - Mistweaver Monk
    1 - Holy Priest
    1 - BM Hunter
    1 - Survival Hunter
    1 - Affliction Warlock
    2 - Shadow Priests.

Our 2 Hunters and Warlock are averaging in the 220's, while our Shadow Priests tend to average around 190's to 200's. So with this in mind....

1. Should I be sending 1 or 2 DPS to handle conveyors? If I'm only sending 1, Hunters seem like the best choice. If I'm sending 2 then I'd send Hunter/Warlock then Hunter/Shadow Priest....

2. What add on the conveyors should we be killing? Although a lot of guides suggest the Laser Turret and Electromagnet. I'm wondering if Shockwave Turrets and Laser Turrets/Crawler Mines wouldn't make more sense?

3 BL / Hero - Should we be saving it for the execute phase? Or burn it at the start?

Just a side note. Our team isn't your average team, I think the youngest member is around 38 years old and we have 2 60+ year olds on our team. We're all friends and family and although it takes us a while to down content, we typically clear raids prior to the next tier hitting, but just barely. We've been raiding together since ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    When our raid team initially downed Blackfuse - we sent two dps to the conveyor (Rogue and Bm hunter) and yes, we focused on crawler mines - if one didn't show for whatever RNG reason - we went after the turrets. Make sure the the dps on conveyor are going up separately and vocalizing when they have left the belt and what they did or did not get down (bombs, lasers etc) so the raid team knows. One tank focused on Blackfuse and one tank peeled off and took care of the adds that dropped in main raid.

Use the magnets on conveyor to get rid of the sawblades (in main raid) when they get to be too abundant.

We hero and burn at the start.

I hope that helps...a bit

Hunters are good for the belt, you should have both go BM and just run 1 for each belt phase. If they can do 200k sustained then with BW popped they shouldn't have much issues getting down the weapon alone. The key though is having them save BW and not waste it on the boss. And of course pooling up a bit of Focus before jumping on the belt.

I recommend killing mines for 10m normal. The drills are easy to avoid as is the laser. Not having to target switch will make the boss die a lot faster.

Also you could 2 heal this fight, unless your healers or tanks are undergeared. It's good practice for when you get to Garrosh, as one of your healers will have to DPS for that fight.
    Last edited by Nexii; 2014-02-19 at 04:49 PM.

Ideally you should only be sending 1 DPS each conveyor belt, with the damage you mentioned you should do fine. As for targets, Electromagnet is priority because losing the saws makes dealing with the Shredders a serious pain. Aside from Electromagnets you want to focus on Crawler Mines, the turrets are almost entirely avoidable, as long as your raid pays attention they should not be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are sending 1 person per belt, Send the hunter's. This is how i do it on my hunter ( BM )

1) Tell them to Stagger their CD's ( if your hunters have AOC ) BW should be up for every belt.
    2) Tell them to take Pet Dash off Auto use and activate it on the belts to let the pet stick on the target and not miss out on any attacks.
    3) Kill the Bombs and Magnets

so it would look like this from the hunter doing the first belt.

1 st Belt - Pre pot only ( won't need CD's for the first one ) - Can use first BW on boss after first belt ( will have BW up before next belt )
    2 nd Belt - BW + Rapid Fire
    3rd Belt - BW + Rapid Fire ( I use 2nd Pre Pot here )
    4th Belt - BW + Rapid Fire

Dead Boss

Hope this Helps Cheers.

P.s We also Hero at the start ( Make sure the person doing belt one gets it before jumping onto the belt )
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-02-19 at 05:19 PM.

For our first kill, we had a BM hunter and a warlock on the belt- one went for every other belt, so only one person on the belt at a time. Your lock is Affliction, and ours was Destro, so I might recommend using the other hunter, even though he's Survival. Beast Mastery is very nice, because you can save Bestial Wrath for each belt that you are responsible for.

Kill priority on the belt for us was Crawler Mines > Electromagnet if no unfinished mines are up. You'll get one Mines+Magnet combo on the belt about halfway through the fight, kill the Mines and let the magnet clear out the sawblades that have built up. However, you seem to have a full ranged DPS composition, so you might be more safe to let the Mines go through and just slow/root/stun and kill them, prioritizing the Turret or Missile (whatever your raid seems to have more trouble with- I'd prefer to kill the Laser Turret, personally). Be careful not to let too many Magnets through, since I don't now how that belt priority would interact with Magnet spawns.

We Hero on the pull.

The reason you want to avoid letting more Electromagnets through than strictly necessary is because you should be using the sawblades to kill the shredder add. This lets your raid focus more damage onto the boss and allows the offtank to solo the shredder by tanking it inside a stack of sawblades. The Magnet will remove all sawblades from the field, and your DPS will have to swap to and kill the add (after it uses Death From Above) instead of being able to focus the boss.

I think it's a little easier to tell you what our group did with a shitty paint graphic:

The positioning can be altered however you want, as long as you understand the purpose of the positioning- The raid needs to run to a set location and try to drop all of the Sawblades in that spot, as close together as possible. This is the spot where the offtank should tank the Shredder add so that it can be placed into as many Sawblades as possible, because it takes damage from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    Our 2 Hunters and Warlock are averaging in the 220's, while our Shadow Priests tend to average around 190's to 200's. So with this in mind....

1. Should I be sending 1 or 2 DPS to handle conveyors? If I'm only sending 1, Hunters seem like the best choice. If I'm sending 2 then I'd send Hunter/Warlock then Hunter/Shadow Priest....

2. What add on the conveyors should we be killing? Although a lot of guides suggest the Laser Turret and Electromagnet. I'm wondering if Shockwave Turrets and Laser Turrets/Crawler Mines wouldn't make more sense?

3 BL / Hero - Should we be saving it for the execute phase? Or burn it at the start?

Just a side note. Our team isn't your average team, I think the youngest member is around 38 years old and we have 2 60+ year olds on our team. We're all friends and family and although it takes us a while to down content, we typically clear raids prior to the next tier hitting, but just barely. We've been raiding together since ICC.
    1) start with 1 per belt - any of your highest dps will work. if they consistently have trouble killing it in time, send 2. my strategy for belts is to look for my preferred target, and if it doesn't come, just kill whatever is third.

after they kill their target on the belt, some people have trouble hitting the exit tube without dying. if that's the case, just tell them to run the treadmill for a few seconds and blackfuse will pull them back to the main room.

2) we kill mines every time, although personally i hate the stinkin' laser even more

3) start - you get a clear burn and everyone is alive

edit: i don't agree with 2-healing this on your first kill. the fight is about control, not speed. there's a lot of random damage going around when learning, and 1 healer gets taken out of the fight occasionally due to the laser.
    Last edited by marklar; 2014-02-19 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    1)
    edit: i don't agree with 2-healing this on your first kill. the fight is about control, not speed. there's a lot of random damage going around when learning, and 1 healer gets taken out of the fight occasionally due to the laser.
    There is no reason to 3 heal this boss at all on normal, even when it was first out, there just isn't enough damage to justify it. Keeping your hunters on the belts is a good idea, we killed mines every time, and then missiles when there weren't mines on the belt. We found having the electromagnet remove the saw blades was helpful and allowed us more room to work with. You tanks shouldn't have trouble with shredders if they have 3 stack, just save their hard hitting abilities for when death from above is over. Mostly don't over think this fight on normal, once you get use to the flow of the fight it's a fairly easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    There is no reason to 3 heal this boss at all on normal, even when it was first out, there just isn't enough damage to justify it. Keeping your hunters on the belts is a good idea, we killed mines every time, and then missiles when there weren't mines on the belt. We found having the electromagnet remove the saw blades was helpful and allowed us more room to work with. You tanks shouldn't have trouble with shredders if they have 3 stack, just save their hard hitting abilities for when death from above is over. Mostly don't over think this fight on normal, once you get use to the flow of the fight it's a fairly easy kill.
    Yea we never found this hard to 2 heal even in progression. The only raidwide damage is Overloads and some light to moderate tank damage, everything else is avoidable. The laser shouldn't entirely take a healer out, druids and priests can heal on the run. They may get out of range of the boss tank but the other healer can just account for that. Also, if your monk heals I believe they never get targetted by the laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    Yea we never found this hard to 2 heal even in progression. The only raidwide damage is Overloads and some light to moderate tank damage, everything else is avoidable. The laser shouldn't entirely take a healer out, druids and priests can heal on the run. They may get out of range of the boss tank but the other healer can just account for that. Also, if your monk heals I believe they never get targetted by the laser.
    YOU never found it hard to heal in progression. we're talking about a group just getting to blackfuse on normal. it's a different kind of raid group.

there's really no advantage to 2 healing this fight at this stage/rate of progression, except for a quicker kill time. if the monk fistweaves, then you're only talking about 1/2 a dps difference anyway.

go ahead and try it both ways and see what's working better would be my recommendation.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Healing it is just fine. Once the raid gets used to the mechanics and the flow of the fight, everything will fall into place.

Probly a few attempts for the hunters to get used to the belt

YOU never found it hard to heal in progression. we're talking about a group just getting to blackfuse on normal. it's a different kind of raid group.

there's really no advantage to 2 healing this fight at this stage/rate of progression, except for a quicker kill time. if the monk fistweaves, then you're only talking about 1/2 a dps difference anyway.

go ahead and try it both ways and see what's working better would be my recommendation.
    The group is probably getting to this with a significantly higher ilvl than we did during progression also, 3 healing it is really over kill for the amount of damage going out. Understanding the flow of the fight is more important than overhealing the shit out of it.

just send 1 dps on belts, since it only has 4m hp u wont have much trouble dealing with it. shockwave missiles are easy enough to deal with. they start out small at the melee a tiny little line to avoid. once the missile has gone off run into the line as it becomes a safe zone, and the bigger lines become the target area. most people will lust at the start to A) burn the boss down asap. and B) cause it helps the first person going on the belt kill the mines quicker.

in normal, always target the mines if u can. lasers/ gravity surges and the shockwave missile isnt a big deal. kite the laser out of the group and make sure ranged can stack sawblades close together away from the rest of the raid. also make sure people are moving for the shredders grand slam attack. and finish off the shredder if the tanks falling behind.

also as its been said, make sure to have a set order for the belts. aka hunter goes first, then the next hunter goes. u cant have any confusion or u will have a bad time. typically this means one person is odds, (1 ,3,5) and the other is evens (2,4,6). make sure they do not jump onto the belt till the assembly line starts rolling or it may kick u off and still debuff u.
    Last edited by announced; 2014-02-20 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    The hunters should be able to take turns on the belt. I did it on my hunter at the start of SoO in ~545 ilvl (had a SoO weapon).
    Have the other hunter go SV for it as well, the pet bugs out too much for BM imo.

Hunters are definitely the best choice. If for whatever reason your hunters don't do enough damage to solo the belt I'd suggest looking at the disengage strat that hunters use on heroic. You can basically go through the pipe for odd belt waves then stand on the edge of the pipe and disengage onto the belt that way which negates the debuff you get. Also I'm not sure if this was fixed but there used to be a bug where the hunter pets wouldn't go on the belt, if that's the case theyd be better off playing survival.

This is the strat we use on 25heroic, we have 3 hunters who go on every belt + me for odd waves and a warrior for even belts, so 4dps per wave.

10+ Year Old Account

The resto druid can also pre pot and hotw on the pull for extra dps during lust.

Deleted
    I agree that with the damage you've got you only need to send one person for each belt. Nonetheless, given the type of raid group you describe, I would send two anyway. Why? Because that way if one of your belt-runners dies, you don't have to find a replacement in the spur of the moment, so what might well have been a wipe becomes a (messy, admittedly) kill. Similarly, I'd 3-heal it even if it isn't strictly necessary, as although there isn't much unavoidable raid damage, it gives you a bit more leeway in coping with the avoidable stuff that people will probably take whilst still learning the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    The hunters should be able to take turns on the belt. I did it on my hunter at the start of SoO in ~545 ilvl (had a SoO weapon).
    Have the other hunter go SV for it as well, the pet bugs out too much for BM imo.
    If your pet bugs out on the belts, you must be doing something wrong.

I do every fight in Soo as BM without a problem. Use the Pet Dash ability off auto use and activate it as you start attacking the wep.

I use the pipe to get on each belt and disengage off the belt ( pet shows back up as i land )

Thanks for the amazing tips and advice. Will be heading in tonight and we'll see how we do. I think we'll 3 heal to start and see where that gets us.

Crawler mines> electromagnet

Hunters take turns on conveyor...

Sounds like a solid plan.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    Crawler mines> electromagnet
    if you have trouble, just go with crawler mines > whatever is 3rd.

let's say the magnet is first, but you still have to wait for the third item to come out before you know there's not going to be mines. then you have to try and run back and get the magnet, which means you've got a good chance of not destroying anything.

better to just kill whatever comes out third if there's no mines (which is actually quite rare).