Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    [img]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02825/eveningstandard_2825628b.jpg[img]

How is this even classed as art? It's even titled "Untitled 1980".

Full picture: https://www.tate.org.uk/art/images/w.../T03087_10.jpg
    Yeah or this:

or this:

How can a sane person acknowledge that as art?
    Last edited by banur; 2014-02-18 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Yeah or this:

or this:

Well, I wouldn't go as far as comparing Picasso or Dali with an ikea book shelf.

15+ Year Old Account

I love this one.
    The first one? Not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Yeah or this:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...soGuernica.jpg
    or this:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZLPRrL5l.jpg

While I don't particularly like Guernica, The persistence of memory is pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

First off if you go to a fucking museum you deserve to be decapitated on live television, but if you insist on going to an art gallery, or museum leave the kids at home. If they are young enough to do shit like this they aren't old enough to appreciate art. They are going to be bored, and all they will do is cause trouble. Leave them at home guys.

My parents took my brothers and I to museums and art galleries when we were children instead of tossing us outside with a ball and locking the door. We're better, more open minded, loving, and cultured people because of it.

So if you want to ban children just so some aged greying hippy can stare at a bunch of shelving units in peace, don't expect the world to be an overall better place because of it. Expect the museum to be bulldozed to make room for a McDonalds play place once the kids who never went there grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvellas View Post
    First off if you go to a fucking museum you deserve to be decapitated on live television
    Harsh man, harsh.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Arvellas View Post
    First off if you go to a fucking museum you deserve to be decapitated on live television
    I... uh.. I don't know how to respond to that.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    no, parents should just control their children better.
    yeah nothing else really needs to be said other then this. I went to museums as a kid and never tryed climbing the dinonsaurs and far as i can remember neither did the other kids, that article is just a case of poor parenting

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    My parents took my brothers and I to museums and art galleries when we were children instead of tossing us outside with a ball and locking the door. We're better, more open minded, loving, and cultured people because of it.

So if you want to ban children just so some aged greying hippy can stare at a bunch of shelving units in peace, don't expect the world to be an overall better place because of it. Expect the museum to be bulldozed to make room for a McDonalds play place once the kids who never went there grow up.
    I actually wouldnt mind getting rid of some of the "modern art" museums, a lot of the stuff there are overpriced wastes of material taking space especially things like this storage shelf or the unfinished metal slides in my school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I actually wouldnt mind getting rid of some of the "modern art" museums, a lot of the stuff there are overpriced wastes of material taking space especially things like this storage shelf or the unfinished metal slides in my school.
    The problem with modern art is there's more people than ever before "Trying" to become a professional artist. And when you can tell somebody is obviously trying to become a professional artist, it just completely saps all of my interest away in their art.

I personally like to collect period Mexican sweat shop velvet paintings, and other such art. These people were just trying to make a quick buck to feed their families, and yet on some of them, you can really see and feel some very amazing brush work, especially on the less common designs.