Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Where were all the naga at in mists of pandaria?

if you read pearl of pandaria you find out that pandaria and the turtle are two of the most important things the naga have been looking for since the sundering, the mighty soldiers it created, its magical brews, its powerful artifacts that were known about during the night elf empire and everything else on pandaria was KEY to them conquering the planet.

so.... theres naga out in the ocean looking for pandaria 24/7 and... not a single one shows up? not even a small scouting party? an entire continent is discovered and they have nothing to say about it?

just doesnt add up.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The "Elite" Muraka (spelling?) spawns that combine drops to fight their boss whom drops Lobstmorne?

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    The "Elite" Muraka (spelling?) spawns that combine drops to fight their boss whom drops Lobstmorne?
    the makrura are enemies of the naga since they hunt them for food
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I'd guess they are too busy stealing all of Neptulons powers, conquering and dominating an entire elemental plane is a lot of work. Naga activity on the surface might be at an all time low, the calm before the storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    the calm before the storm.
    or the calm before we ally with the naga as the legion invade azeroth? that would be exciting. We're getting smashed and then from the sea come the naga

"sup?" /SEALAZER'S
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    or the calm before we ally with the naga as the legion invade azeroth? that would be exciting. We're getting smashed and then from the sea come the naga

"sup?" /SEALAZER'S
    ....I choose enslavement.

I'm guessing the reason there are no Naga in MoP is because the Naga were never able to reach Pandaria, Shaohao shielding the land with Mists about the same time the Maelstrom erupted and the Legion first came, I believe. Thus saving them from the Legion as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the naga are way too busy with Neptulon's mojo right now. Thats the only thing I can think of, not counting non-story reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I... do find that kind of sad, actually. That would've been a good opportunity. I think I might've preferred Naga involvement over the Zandalari Trolls. Think of it... the Naga are trying to scrounge up as many Titan artifacts as possible and end up reviving the great Mogu Emperor to get a piece of the action, taking some of that phat lewt back with them to build them up as villains in the future. Maybe better than trolls...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post

I'm guessing the reason there are no Naga in MoP is because the Naga were never able to reach Pandaria, Shaohao shielding the land with Mists about the same time the Maelstrom erupted and the Legion first came, I believe. Thus saving them from the Legion as well.
    Why not after we turn up? The becoming the new Tidehunter seems the most logical reason.

10+ Year Old Account

But what of the Naga after the Mists dispersed? Can't they just swim up onto the shore like we landed our ships?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I... do find that kind of sad, actually. That would've been a good opportunity. I think I might've preferred Naga involvement over the Zandalari Trolls. Think of it... the Naga are trying to scrounge up as many Titan artifacts as possible and end up reviving the great Mogu Emperor to get a piece of the action, taking some of that phat lewt back with them to build them up as villains in the future. Maybe better than trolls...?
    Naga got a entire zone in Cata the trolls need some lore to expand them as an enemy group beyond rehashing old troll instances

10+ Year Old Account
    i killed them all in ssc on my warrior.

They're probably too busy torturing Neptulon.

Poor Neptulon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    But what of the Naga after the Mists dispersed? Can't they just swim up onto the shore like we landed our ships?
    Why would they want to? You know the Highborne are pretty damn high of themselves and like to congregate around highborne cities and stuff. Pandaria likely had little gain for them.

Anyway, wouldn't this thread be better off in the Lore section? Just saying.

Why would they want to? You know the Highborne are pretty damn high of themselves and like to congregate around highborne cities and stuff. Pandaria likely had little gain for them.

Anyway, wouldn't this thread be better off in the Lore section? Just saying.
    for the reasons i listed.

naga dont congregate around highbourne cities and ruins because they feel nostalgic, they go there looking for magical artifacts and scrolls and other things that can help them conquer the planet.

one of the naga in the book asks "why are we searching for pandaria anyways, what if it isnt even here anymore" and the other naga who is higher rank says "we have scoured these oceans for over 10,000 years and yet the turtle has evaded us, we see the pandaren and their magics so clearly it must still be here, we are the masters of the ocean yet it has evaded us"

the highbourne knew that pandaria was filled with magic and magical artifacts, they saw their powerful soldiers, it was one of the most important things they were looking for.

15+ Year Old Account
    They couldn't find it because of the mists. Underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    They couldn't find it because of the mists. Underwater.
    yeah i know why no one could find it.

im saying why did we not see a single naga there after its announced to the world that theres an entirely new continent in the ocean filled with pandarens

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah i know why no one could find it.

im saying why did we not see a single naga there after its announced to the world that theres an entirely new continent in the ocean filled with pandarens
    Dude. The mist. Underwater.

I assume that when the mist hits the water it turns into a thick gloop like hagfish slime or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

oh i see what you meant now.

idk, its magic. maybe it wasnt misty underwater but some other type of concealment. maybe the water just got really murky/hard to see through.