Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the Gear order to purchase with Conquest, and which Items for each class

Mmaybe you MMO Champions know how to gear up in PvP.

So for Example do you buy Bracers first or Chest or Shoulders? At which Week you purchase Weapon(s), et cetera.

Also I have a Class-Specific Question: Which Casters buy Spellblade, and which buy Staves?

Healers also.

As for Frost DK and Fury Warrior , is Dual Wield better or 2H?
    Last edited by Fincher; 2014-02-18 at 02:42 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Buy first the items that will not drop from world bosses (Celestials).
    I always go for Shoulder + Head, save points for weapons, then chest, then others!!!

I go for gloves first, because they offer an additional Buff, then shoulders, to get that two peice set. From there It's usually weapon time. Weapon is huge (if you don't have one) then I grab my trinket/trinkets. After that I finish up the main set to get 4, and only then do I grab the small stuff, such as cape and whatnot
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players

From a previous thread about this but the idea is to get major set bonuses, gear that does not drop from celestials and weapon as soon as you can. This below is about honor/conquest catchup and new characters, but the general idea applies now as well.

People have already mentioned how you might go about getting the honor/conquest for the gear but this is the order I would buy things. General strategy is to get trinket bonus, work towards set bonus getting pieces not dropped by world bosses and fill in the cloaks/rings/neck/bracers last as the PvE pieces are perfectly fine there.

1.) Buy the crafted PvP trinket. It is cheap and ilvl 476 but it is important.
    2.) Spend 1750 Honor on your offensive pvp trinket of choice. Combined with (1) this gives you roughly 10% damage reduction which is very important.
    3.) Use your first 1750 Conquest to purchase 522 shoulders.
    4.) Use your first 2250 Honor to purchase Helm. This gets you 2 set bonus which is nice.
    5.) Use your next 1250 Honor to purchase off hand.
    6.) Use your next 2250 Conquest to purchase chest.
    7.) Use 2250 Conquest after you reach 7250 for the season to purchase the main hand weapon.
    8.) Start filling in your pieces with honor/conquest as you get it in this order:

Hands
    Belt
    Boots
    Legs
    Cloak/Neck/Rings/bracer (all the same price and small gains)
    Replace 496 stuff with 522 after you have full gear.

The reason I suggest doing it this way is because you maximize the gains and minimize the cost to enchanting/gemming your gear as much as possible.

It completely depends on class and there is no one way to do it.

Why? Because of the stats on each item.

On my Warrior, for example, I want Crit. So I should get Crit items first because those will be the biggest gains since that's my primary stat. So buying a Mastery/Exp item like the helm would be far less beneficial to me than buying the Legs, because the Legs have a significant amount of Crit on them.

On my Mage, if I was Fire, I'd want the Helm because it gives Crit/Mastery, but if I was Frost I'd want the legs because they give Mastery/Haste.

There's no one answer for every class, it varies depending on spec and stat priority.

The only thing that is always important is for DPS the trinkets are the strongest single item, so getting the on-use or proc trinket will give you the most damage boost, the PvP power on it is about 5% damage alone, and then the stat gain proc. And weapons should be bought as soon as you can one very character.

Usually going with a 1750 piece and a 2250 piece first, then weapons, then it varies based on class. Rings are almost always last, however.

How is it if you want rating?

For Example, is it possible to buy an Item(s) in the week before Weapons are available to get an advantage over those who have no Armor Piece as they are saivng their Conquest to acquire Weapons in the next Week?
    Capitalism, Ho!

First things first, if you really want to try PvP as a Warrior you'll have to go Arms. Fury is just not an option, sorry. Frost DK's are okay in 2's or BG's I guess, but same thing there; Unholy is just superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Also I have a Class-Specific Question: Which Casters buy Spellblade, and which buy Staves?

Healers also.
    Not one of them buy staves. One-hand + off-hand/shield gives you more stats since you can enchant your off-hand.
    Last edited by Rekuda; 2014-02-19 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    How is it if you want rating?

For Example, is it possible to buy an Item(s) in the week before Weapons are available to get an advantage over those who have no Armor Piece as they are saivng their Conquest to acquire Weapons in the next Week?
    I suppose you could, but any single piece of gear isn't going to matter in an arena. You won't lose because of a single piece, aside from the weapon. So it's kind of a waste of time to bother doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuda View Post
    Not one of them buy staves. One-hand + off-hand/shield gives you more stats since you can enchant your off-hand.
    Not quite true. I saw a fair few, including Gladiators this season, Holy Priests using the staff least season because it has more Spirit on than the Spellblade/Offhand combination. I presume that carries for Disc as well as your Regen is tied to Shadowfiend/Mindbender (Though you typically run FDCL) which can easily be killed off and leave you stuck for mana in longer games.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I usually go Shoulders -> Chest -> save for weapons -> Helm -> anything goes -> Trinkets

The anything goes bit works like this, IMO:
    1) the best stat gain per item is the more expensive bits: legs, boots, gloves, etc - so it would make sense to upgrade them first
    2) however, it's anecdotal but I feel like I get gloves/legs drops more often off Celestials than I get necks/rings/etc
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

A lot of people confused to giving tips for starting from greens. Starting with Grievous the order would be as Yvaelle said with the exception that medallion should be last on your prioritylist. It gives the least stats out of all items. So the most logical priority:

Shoulders -> Chest/Helm -> weapons -> proc trinket -> anything costing 2250 -> anything costing 2250 -> anything 1750 etc.

However you will want to calculate your points each week because your cap will be different. All the armor pieces and off-set items give the same stat increase per conquest point cost. So if your cap is 2500 for the week it's better to buy 2 rings than a chest for example. Always maximize the amount of conq points you spend each week and you're good. Weapons on the 4th week and proc trinket after that and you're set.

Speaking of DPS PoV, you should do this on pretty much all classes.

EDIT: Taking secondary stats into account is also good. Whatever you stack, you want to maximize it. For melee you most likely want to avoid hit pieces first.
    Last edited by Kukkaroinen; 2014-02-19 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Cause I can

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I usually go Shoulders -> Chest -> save for weapons -> Helm -> anything goes -> Trinkets

The anything goes bit works like this, IMO:
    1) the best stat gain per item is the more expensive bits: legs, boots, gloves, etc - so it would make sense to upgrade them first
    2) however, it's anecdotal but I feel like I get gloves/legs drops more often off Celestials than I get necks/rings/etc

This is roughly my strat too... obviously taking preference of the peices which have 2 secondary stats tht are more important... i.e. the hit peices where the hit is just taking you over cap this season should be purchased last.(unless it allows a new reforge strat)

Assuming you're in full Grievous.

Best way I believe is:
    • Big armor item that can't drop from Celestial (head or chest) 2250 (2250 earned)
    • Trinket (not the CC cancelling one, the one with your classes main stat and PvP power) 1750 (4000 earned)
    • Weapon 3500 (7500 earned, so you're over the 7250 buy in for weapons)
    • Other big armor item that can't drop from Celestial (head or chest) 2250 (9750 eaned)
    • Meta Gem 1000 (10750 earned so you're over the 10000 buy in for the meta gem)*
    • Shoulders 1750
    • Trinket (the CC cancelling one) 1750

Then you can start buying items that can drop from the Celestials (the goal being you want to give yourself as many chances as possible to get items that cost conquest for free)

* Only if you didn't buy and extra from last season, otherwise skip that step.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-02-19 at 03:53 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

In general there is no reason to save points for a week to get a 2250 piece if you can buy a 1750 piece this week. Ditto saving for a 1750 piece if you can buy a 1250. The items' stat budgets are proportional to their Conq costs. Might not be worth springing to buy a cheap piece with the wrong secondary stats if an expensive one with the right stats is waiting.

Assuming full Grievous:

Shoulders
    Helm or Chest, whichever has better secondary stats
    Weapon
    Chest or Helm, whichever you didn't get before
    Damage Trinket
    Neck, Rings
    Bracers, Gloves, Belt, Legs, Boots, Cloak
    CC Break Trinket
    Meta Gem

If they raise the instanced ilvl cap on PVE gear, I would leave the cloak until the very last. Have not heard if they plan to do this or not though and the cap was still 512 today. I thought it was handled well last season so if they want to repeat those numbers they would cap at 522 in the first week of the season and gradually raise it to 540.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Assuming you're in full Grievous.

Best way I believe is:
    • Big armor item that can't drop from Celestial (head or chest) 2250 (2250 earned)
    • Trinket (not the CC cancelling one, the one with your classes main stat and PvP power) 1750 (4000 earned)
    • Weapon 3500 (7500 earned, so you're over the 7250 buy in for weapons)
    • Other big armor item that can't drop from Celestial (head or chest) 2250 (9750 eaned)
    • Meta Gem 1000 (10750 earned so you're over the 10000 buy in for the meta gem)*
    • Shoulders 1750
    • Trinket (the CC cancelling one) 1750

Then you can start buying items that can drop from the Celestials (the goal being you want to give yourself as many chances as possible to get items that cost conquest for free)

* Only if you didn't buy and extra from last season, otherwise skip that step.
    Buying the cc breaking trinket is a waste of conquest points. A spirit of harmony would do you more. You get like 35 pvp power and 300 crit from the trinket instead of buying a proper piece and getting 200 mainstat, 300 stamina etc.

You don't want to waste conquest points just because a boss might drop an item you want. What if the boss drops nothing and you buy the cc-break trinket? Now you're basically one week behind congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukkaroinen View Post
    ...A spirit of harmony would do you more...
    How, pray tell?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Kukkaroinen View Post
    Buying the cc breaking trinket is a waste of conquest points. A spirit of harmony would do you more. You get like 35 pvp power and 300 crit from the trinket instead of buying a proper piece and getting 200 mainstat, 300 stamina etc.

You don't want to waste conquest points just because a boss might drop an item you want. What if the boss drops nothing and you buy the cc-break trinket? Now you're basically one week behind congrats.
    I don't agree with your attitude in your response, but I understand what you're saying. If you have a Grievous CC trinket I would leave that to be the last item you replace. The secondary stats on the Prideful don't make it worthwhile to purchase it until the end since the increase in stats is so low. All other items increase primary and secondary stats to a greater level.

I will get:

Head
    Shoulder
    Weapon
    Chest
    Triggerable DPS Trinket
    Meta
    Legs
    Gloves
    Boots
    etc
    RAWR!

1.Proc trinket
    2.5 pieces till weapons available.
    3.weapons
    4.everything else

unfortunately this season we don't have any piece dropping from World bosses