Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    unfortunately this season we don't have any piece dropping from World bosses
    Celestials drop Prideful now, so yeah we do. Friend got 2 pieces this week, won one and coined one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    How, pray tell?
    You can use it for crafting and make some gold.

My point was the cc-breaking trinket is a waste of conquest points and I wanted to be funny.

Very useful info in this thread was an interesting read. I was wondering at what rating does your conquest points cap increase and by how much?
    The great Friedrich Nietzsche once said, Shit happens deal with it.

Might as well post in here instead of starting a new thread.

I'm currently gearing my Shaman for PvP. Should I spend the honor I get now before 550 gear lands on set pieces or should I do off-pieces and try to get 550 4-set ASAP? I have a feeling this is the way to go but I already spent honor points on 522 helmet and shoulders. Not that honor points are hard to come by or anything.
    Last edited by Nico87; 2014-02-20 at 10:03 AM.

For me:
    Shoulders > Helm > Weapons > Trinkets
    After that it's whatever's the biggest upgrade
    Alliance - Shadowsong

Horde - Tarren-Mill
    Culmination - Nulo - Amissio - Dreadnought

Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Might as well post in here instead of starting a new thread.

I'm currently gearing my Shaman for PvP. Should I spend the honor I get now before 550 gear lands on set pieces or should I do off-pieces and try to get 550 4-set ASAP? I have a feeling this is the way to go but I already spent honor points on 522 helmet and shoulders. Not that honor points are hard to come by or anything.
    I'd try to get a full 522 set before the season starts on Tuesday, that way you'll be equal with everyone else. Plenty of time to do that, and that way you won't be behind against other people.

That's assuming you do arenas, anyway.

I have usually gone for 3x1250 items and then weapon = 7250, but might try the shoulder + head/chest first this time around since it seems to be most recommended. Just hope my damn luck on the drops would switch from my alt to my main. Alas my alt got 550 legs yesterday and my main got diddly squat, again. Same on Ordos aaarrrghhhh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    Very useful info in this thread was an interesting read. I was wondering at what rating does your conquest points cap increase and by how much?
    Think it´s somewhere around 17-1900 in Arena and around 1700 in RBG
    8 year olds Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    It starts @ 1500 rating and it increases by a few points per rating.

Play around
    http://www.conquestcalc.com/wow/conq...nquestCap=true

and see what kind of ratings bring certain caps

Quote Originally Posted by Kukkaroinen View Post
    It starts @ 1500 rating and it increases by a few points per rating.

Play around
    http://www.conquestcalc.com/wow/conq...nquestCap=true

and see what kind of ratings bring certain caps
    You still need something like 1950 in arena to get above 2200, below that you are just raising the arena cap not your total. And around 1750 RBG to go above 2200... 1500 isn´t raising anything at all, or am I completely moronic in using the calc?
    8 year olds Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    You still need something like 1950 in arena to get above 2200, below that you are just raising the arena cap not your total. And around 1750 RBG to go above 2200... 1500 isn´t raising anything at all, or am I completely moronic in using the calc?
    Going above 1500 in arenas rises your arena cap and if you don't do RBGs (many ppl don't) it effectively increases your total cap.

RBG cap starts to rise @ 1500 aswell.

Going above 1500 in arenas rises your arena cap and if you don't do RBGs (many ppl don't) it effectively increases your total cap.

RBG cap starts to rise @ 1500 aswell.
    Not according to your calc or my last season....

1500 Arena Rating will set your conquest cap to

1350 from Arenas or 1650 from Rated BGs

1750 Arena Rating will set your conquest cap to

1825 from Arenas or 2230 from Rated BGs
    8 year olds Dude.

Not according to your calc or my last season....

1500 Arena Rating will set your conquest cap to

1350 from Arenas or 1650 from Rated BGs

1750 Arena Rating will set your conquest cap to

1825 from Arenas or 2230 from Rated BGs
    Aaah should've checked that calculator before linking it.. Dinosaurs must've made it.

Your base cap from arenas is 1800 you can't get less. For RBGs the number is 2200. Both caps start to increase @ 1500 rating.

Aaah should've checked that calculator before linking it.. Dinosaurs must've made it.

Your base cap from arenas is 1800 you can't get less. For RBGs the number is 2200. Both caps start to increase @ 1500 rating.
    No they don´t, I know because I was above 1500 in both arena and RBG last season. The calculator seems pretty spot on with how things were last season.

Have they changed the calculations for the current season? Ofcourse it will never get less than the starting caps, the calc will just calculate any number you put in, even if it gives less than what the caps are...

Would be nice with a current calc to check or some blue posts or something on Conquest calculation

Maybe I just remember wrong and was only thinking about going above 2200, but I could swear my caps didn´t raise at 1500
    Last edited by Bantokar; 2014-02-20 at 01:52 PM.
    8 year olds Dude.

No they don´t, I know because I was above 1500 in both arena and RBG last season. The calculator seems pretty spot on with how things were last season.

Have they changed the calculations for the current season? Ofcourse it will never get less than the starting caps, the calc will just calculate any number you put in, even if it gives less than what the caps are...

Would be nice with a current calc to check or some blue posts or something on Conquest calculation

Try it out next week, your caps starts rising when you reach 1500+.

The starting cap is 1800 for arena and 2200 for rbg, has been like that for whole MoP.

And of course getting 1500+ in arenas only rises your arena cap and same with RBG.

Try it out next week, your caps starts rising when you reach 1500+.

The starting cap is 1800 for arena and 2200 for rbg, has been like that for whole MoP.

And of course getting 1500+ in arenas only rises your arena cap and same with RBG.
    I realize what the minimum caps are, but like I said, I could have sworn they didn´t move at all at 1500, think I ended RBG around 1800 and was a little over 2400 conq cap.... Will try and find a decent partner and get back with some info when I hit the 1500... Will bring a big plate of crow just in case

But I always oqueue the last 400 for caps, so arena cap really means nothing to me since it has to be so high to get above the 2200 total and with random partners every week that can be tough.
    8 year olds Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    unfortunately this season we don't have any piece dropping from World bosses
    Yes we do: http://wowhead.com/news=228774/patch...n-15-pvp-guide

So many people suggesting shoulders o.o

Trinkets are a far higher gain, for the same price.

Generally I got Trinket First Week, Chest or Helm Second Week, Weapon(s) Third Week (Push RBGs early and get the caps 2200W1 2650+W2 2650+ W3 -cap ofc, not rating GG )
    Normally I go for bigger pieces first and finish out my 5-set, although last season I went for the smaller ones as people started setting ilvl requirements....
    Last edited by Filfa; 2014-02-20 at 04:38 PM.

Maybe I just remember wrong and was only thinking about going above 2200, but I could swear my caps didn´t raise at 1500
    I can assure you they do.

If you get to, say, 1520 in arenas your arena cap will be about 1818 instead of 1800. I can't speak to RBGs because I don't waste my time with those. But I am 100% sure that arenas increase starting at 1500, and I would assume RBGs do as well. Think it requires somewhere around 1800 rating to make arenas give more than RBGs in a week, though I don't recall the exact number.

Quote Originally Posted by Filfa View Post
    So many people suggesting shoulders o.o

Trinkets are a far higher gain, for the same price.
    This is true, but if you have no PvP gear then the shoulders are better because getting your 2/4 piece set bonuses will be more beneficial than the increase damage on the trinkets (plus healers get more from shoulders all the time).

Sorry if stupid quesiton but which trinkets to buy?

-CC Remove Trinket
    -HP Trinket
    -DPS Proc Trinket
    -DPS On-Use Trinket

a) As Healer b) as FC c) as DPS

Also does it depend, like do you skip the Remove_CC Trinket if your racial removes CC, and do you skip the DPS On-Use Trinket if you have Engineering?
    Capitalism, Ho!

It totally depends on a lot of factors. For instance, healers typically will roll with the HP increase and the CC. Some healers that perhaps don't get trained as much, like a MW will prefer the on-use.

DPS will generally have different preferences based on class and role. Mages will typically run with on-use and proc trinket. Reason being they will either be human or undead and can get out of fear, blink breaks stuns. Mages are built around control and small windows of burst. So they want to line all of their procs up, so they stack on-use, proc trinket, weapon enchant proc, tailoring proc and their +15% damage row of talents, then they alter time and go to town extending the length of their procs.

Another example would be a DK, they have a lot of tools to get out of CC, IBF, Lichborne, Desecrated ground, so the CC trinket is not as powerful for them. Their main job is damage so most will run with proc and on-use.

Now, if you have engineering it even changes those scenarios. Since the engineering and on-use share CD, most will not take the on-use. It used to be because engineering was so close to the on-use, but with the gear upgrades the difference is much greater. Engineering is 1920 for 10 secs, On-use is now 4765 for 20 seconds with the same CD. So I think people who are engineers are probably going to use the on-use for big CDs and just macro the engineering into something else to just have up in between the on-use CDs.

Some DPS will want to have the CC trinket because they either 1.) are squishy and will not be able to sit a full stun/hex on a swap, or 2.) are so dependent on their offensive CDs to do damage that getting CCed with offensive CDs up destroys their pressure. Think about an enhancement shaman and ascendance. That is a big part of their damage, and you can control them for a big chunk of it. A CC trinket will mean more to them than a proc trinket. Then think about a traditionally squishy switch class like a rogue. If he gets swapped onto with no defensive CDs up it is entirely possible for him to die in a stun.

I think the short answer is that generally healers go with health/CC. DPS go with on-use/CC or on-use/proc. Flag carriers will all go with health/CC because they have a very specific role (don't die, get flag to base)