Heroic Paragons 25, Kaz'tik kunchong threat

Does anyone know exactly how the hungry kunchongs handle threat when they max out energy and evolve? The dungeon journal states they will "ignore normal attempts to control them and attack any players nearby" and our tanks have said they are immune to taunts, and the result is they generally run amok mowing people down. However in videos I've seen them get quickly picked up by tanks and killed, even if the tank isn't nearby. Is it just a matter of actual threat? If so does it carry over from the hungry state? We have a druid and DK tank so options for getting non-taunt threat from range are limited. We're considering just letting the 1-2 people who get picked for mesmerize die quickly in order to prevent any mature kunchongs from spawning and keep all the damage focused on kaz'tik.

By the way, does anyone have a list of abilities that can break the mesmerize channel? I know spectral guise works, are there any others?

From my experience on 10m they tend to ignore threat for a few seconds, then have a normal threat-table.

I'm pretty sure the Kunchongs just hit whatever is closest regardless of threat, and they are taunt immune. On 10H, our ranged just kite it and blast it down. It's pretty rare that tanks will ever pick it up. Just throw slows on it and focus it.

For the actual Mesmerize, you can use Korven's buff to Amber the target and keep them still for awhile. Mages can also use Ice Block. Priests can Life Grip to create additional range. I don't know of anything that actually breaks it.

^ What he said, but it's fine for tanks to pick the kunchong up, ours did and there weren't any issue - he even tanked it together with a Paragon for cleaving and it didn't seem like there were any extra damage on melee. As for Mesmerize, Spectral Guise breaks it, so I guess Vanish / Greater Invis will, too.

They have normal threat table and are just immune to taunts. Misdirect to tank or pick them up by aggroing, not taunting.

I have noticed that anything in melee tends to get attacked regardless of threat, I.E. when a ranged is kiting it around they'll turn and smack a healer that they get kited through. We use a 3 tank strategy (third tank is the scorpion) so when you have Kaz'tik, Iyyokuk and Ka'roz up our third tank just runs over and grabs them. If there's any more after that when Kil'ruk is active we just have a ranged kite them and everyone else clears a path. Tank damage on 25h is really fucking high with Ka'roz, Kil'ruk and Kaz'tik up so we decided it'd be better to kite them at that point.

Invisibility, spectral guise, vanish all break mesmerize, I don't think feign does because our hunters tried it and it said they have to be standing still to use it.

I don't think letting people die is a good idea. You should be able to break the first mesmerize easily before the kungchong matures, then if you get a second mesmerize before Iyyokuk is dead have a tank pick it up and ignore it while you burn Iyyokuk. Once fiery edges are out of the picture ranged should have no problem killing kungchongs. Threat doesn't carry over from the hungry state that I could see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uVeVluHnns This is our first 25h kill, we're not the greatest guild in the world, so if we can do it I'm sure you can.

Edit: I am pretty sure they can't be snared, but most DPS have some sort of speed boost.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2014-02-19 at 12:18 AM.

I believe threat carries over from the "little bug" state to the "big bug" state and I'm pretty sure they can be taunted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    I believe threat carries over from the "little bug" state to the "big bug" state and I'm pretty sure they can be taunted.
    No taunts definitely don't work on Heroic. I do believe the threat carries over though, because I usually tank just Iyyokuk and shoot some Crackling Jade Lightning on mesmerizes and sometimes throw kegs when the 2nd mesmerize is about to break.
    Pretty sure I've seen them bee line straight to me without me landing a hit directly after it matures.

Spectral Guise and Greater Invisibility are the only stuff I know of that removes mesmerize completely.

Do yourself a favor and have 1 ranged DPS kite it in a circle and dont even touch them until Manipulator is dead. You should only get 1 maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Hunters can glyph camouflage to break out of it also.
    No one in the hunter "tips and tricks for T16" thread was able to replicate that claim with any reliability. If you are, we'd be glad to have your input in there

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No one in the hunter "tips and tricks for T16" thread was able to replicate that claim with any reliability. If you are, we'd be glad to have your input in there
    I haven't been the target of it enough times to try but I did get it to work once out of the 4 or 5 attempts I have had. The trick is to have the full stealth activate in between ticks of mesmerize damage. Half a second early or late and the tick of damage will cancel your camo before it breaks the mesmerize. Not reliable enough to rely on in my opinion.