Thought on getting rid of CQ Power?

Daglar posted this thread on the official forums. I am seriously hoping he realizes that CQ Power sucks. I have always hated it and always said that CQ Power/Decay is the only thing holding CQ afloat. The responses I have read on the first few pages seem to say the same thing. At the very least, many players are very upset at the fact that if they take a break, go on vacation or just don't have a lot of time to play a couple weeks in a row, they come back and their character is actually weaker. Cannot think of any other game that practically penalizes your for not playing. It is really stupid. Please check out the post and post your opinion. Let's get rid of CQ Power.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4707106
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Thoughts on getting rid of CQ power - Discuss!

Title kinda says it all

Feel free to write your magnum opus on why it should go away, or stay.

~Daglar

15+ Year Old Account
    ya i dunno, though i havent played cq in a few weeks but wouldnt taking cq power away make cq pretty much dead? unless they add some major incentive to it, most people probably would do CQ to max their CQ power then not play it again. (though i guess it is the best way to rank up) but even then its the best way right now because CQ is usually full when it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    ya i dunno, though i havent played cq in a few weeks but wouldnt taking cq power away make cq pretty much dead? unless they add some major incentive to it, most people probably would do CQ to max their CQ power then not play it again. (though i guess it is the best way to rank up) but even then its the best way right now because CQ is usually full when it starts.
    Exactly. If the only reason people run it is for CQ Power, it sucks. It's not fun. People don't like it. They do it anyway just for the CQ Power. If a reward is the only reason people are running it, why have it? Also, I still question you this: What other game takes stats away from you for not playing? Is that really fair? If you want players that have stopped playing to return to your game, you do not give them a hurdle like this.

Deleted
    Well, old CQ should be considered the failure it is and be put to rest.
    But new CQ is incoming, that sounds way more interesting, or is it already in game?
    Otherwise it has taken quite a while to launch, that new conquest

Screw power... just put conquest IN GENERAL to rest. Worst designed element of an MMO _EVER_.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Screw power... just put conquest IN GENERAL to rest. Worst designed element of an MMO _EVER_.
    I hate Chocolate ice cream. I HATE IT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    What's the problems with the new one? Except that noone seems to know if it's live, soon incoming or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    What's the problems with the new one? Except that noone seems to know if it's live, soon incoming or anything?
    There was talk of a new one, think it is still going to come but not sure when. Probably still at least a few months out. Those PvP Dimensions they have talked about too. No ETA though. But this is not a talk about whether it is a failure or fun or interesting. It's about being punished for not playing a certain aspect of the game whether you enjoy it or not. You have less stats than others if you do not max your Power and keep it there. Therefore many feel they have to run it. If you stop playing for a week or two your Power decays and you come back weaker than when you left. This is one sorry ass mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    There was talk of a new one, think it is still going to come but not sure when. Probably still at least a few months out. Those PvP Dimensions they have talked about too. No ETA though. But this is not a talk about whether it is a failure or fun or interesting. It's about being punished for not playing a certain aspect of the game whether you enjoy it or not. You have less stats than others if you do not max your Power and keep it there. Therefore many feel they have to run it. If you stop playing for a week or two your Power decays and you come back weaker than when you left. This is one sorry ass mechanic.
    As far as I understood it new conquest was on PTR some months ago, is it still there?
    Yea, power is just silly and in old conquest and the failure we all know it is, the place would be pretty empty if they removed power. But they defenitely should. And also let old conquest go, or make it a pvp place to level in or whatev. Now I like pvp myself, but you shouldn't feel forced to pvp for pve, it's just crazy.
    I could imagine that they are doing a research about wether players want to keep power or not in order to decide what they should do with new conquest. And hopefully most players are saying no to that, even if Rift devs seem to let words of a dedicated few have a huge impact on outcome of decision. I don't know if there are some dedicated few who are arguing for keeping power?
    I noticed a vid with new conquest, and it looked way more pvp than current conquest. It shouldn't be a problem to get enough people to run it, for the sake of good pvp, and if they add good pvp rewards in there they should be doing fine. The pve people should only have to go there if they want to pvp, not because they need to stack power for next guild raid night.

As far as I understood it new conquest was on PTR some months ago, is it still there?
    Yea, power is just silly and in old conquest and the failure we all know it is, the place would be pretty empty if they removed power. But they defenitely should. And also let old conquest go, or make it a pvp place to level in or whatev. Now I like pvp myself, but you shouldn't feel forced to pvp for pve, it's just crazy.
    I could imagine that they are doing a research about wether players want to keep power or not in order to decide what they should do with new conquest. And hopefully most players are saying no to that, even if Rift devs seem to let words of a dedicated few have a huge impact on outcome of decision. I don't know if there are some dedicated few who are arguing for keeping power?
    I noticed a vid with new conquest, and it looked way more pvp than current conquest. It shouldn't be a problem to get enough people to run it, for the sake of good pvp, and if they add good pvp rewards in there they should be doing fine. The pve people should only have to go there if they want to pvp, not because they need to stack power for next guild raid night.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4720172

Steppes of Infinity Conquest - Playtest Friday Feb 28th - 3:00 PST

CQ Steppes is on PTS right now again, and I'd like to get together as many folks to beat on it this Friday as possible.

I will repost the game mode and some of the changes at some point before Friday!

~Daglar

10+ Year Old Account
    new conquest was on PTR some months ago, is it still there?
    It's been on the PTS for months now but so far only two big player tests have been done, the last one just last Friday which was good fun, even though it was just mostly mindless battles

There was a time when i felt like i was in the movie 300, was about 8 of us Oaths controlling the ramps and high ground holding back 20+ Nightfall, good fun.

Anyhow, not too many videos out there for the new Conquest, did come across this one by Noobzilla which is months old and just shows an empty Conquest, gives you an idea of the layout and objectives. A few things have changed and been added since but it's mostly what you see in the video.

Yeah, it's the one thing that keeps me from coming back to the game after a recent break...conquest decay >.< Not opposed to grinding out conquest again, it just took so long the first time and it doesn't really fit with my style of gameplay for the game (pvp only and casual). Also don't feel like grinding out another pvp set after myrm...apparently I'm feeling really lazy lately in regards to mmos :P

Love Rift but yeah, would love to see conquest power go or at least take significantly longer to decay (if at all).