Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siffi View Post
    Which achievement are you talking about?There is no pet av where you have to buy a pet for real money.
    wow is not up right now.. and can't find it on wowhead, but it is one of the two achieves I don't have, requires three store bought pets to complete. When wow comes back up I will repost with it.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?
    Even better, if he works in a state with Blue Laws, he makes time and a half on sundays. Which makes it 698 for that week. Which turns out to be a profit of 638. And let's say he has 10 level 90's that he wasted leveling. That's $6,380 before taxes. That's practically a new cars worth time he spent on a video game leveling.

The Patient
    We can still level without paying $60 btw

Lazy people wanted to buy free characters.

Now they are upset that its not for freeeeeeee. Oh yea.

Keep it constructive

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    We're arguing about this in a place filled with people who believe Blizzard can do no wrong and who will gladly eat up whatever garbage the company spews onto their plates. It's futile, let them have their $60 level 90s. You can protest with your wallets and elsewhere, but you can't win here.
    There are just as many people, if not more, who argue here who thinks Blizzard is the incarnate of evil and that every single thing they do has been blessed by a Satanic priest. Neither one are more rational or legitimate than the other. Just two sides of the same ridiculous coin.

Assuming that anyone who disagrees with how you see it is a " Blizzard Fanboi, blinded by devotion to corporation with no ability to think on their own is an egocentric view that ironically requires the same type of misguided devotion to a principle that a "Fanboi" requires to arrive at their conclusion.

We're all stocked up here on the haters and the fanbois, Palooka. How about you let the rest of us do the heavy lifting here and own our viewpoints on merit rather than trudging through here and knocking everything off the shelves because people don't see it your way. Reasoning with that type of person is actually what's "futile."
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Lmao. If you don't enjoy playing the game you're doing it wrong. It's not a job.
    You can enjoy a game but not all aspects of it (for example the leveling part). I don't intend to buy a char like this, but I can 100% see why people would do it.

Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Joke's on you for not waiting for a Steam Sale.
    It was an example but I buy COD right away, I don't wait for sale, because that means then when I buy it, most people are bored of it

Quote Originally Posted by Carnebill View Post
    I think most of what they offer (Server transfers/faction change/race change) is generally overpriced. $60 for a current max level character...is...probably not horrible.
    Is overpriced, just as any other service, mount or pet they sell.

There is no possible justification to have a in-game service be so expensive, but then again... it's exacty the same that we can say about anu pet, mount or service that is present in the shop... so... is somehow expected. Also, from a business point of view all those services and expensive items really work for them, so... why change?

The price for me should be no more than 30€ with a little extra if you want to take advantage of the veteran reward, like 5-10€.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Until blizzard officially says what the price is - i would not take anything that "people saw for a few minutes" as final.

60$ sounds way way way too much, the more realistic price would be around 20$.
    That is way too low to expect, mate. Remember, this is a blank character - you can place it on any server, any faction, any race, any class, you have more ilvl than a new lvl 90. You are cheating by taking a shortcut through content that you already pay for.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    We need some sort of way to see if the character has been boosted to 90 through the paid service so we know who to vote kick in our dungeons.

Only if there is some way to mark you so I know to kick you from dungeon groups.

I live in Washington. The minimum wage here is $9.32/hour. Let's assume it takes Dude A a total of a week of larding on chair to get to 90 and plays 10 hours a day 7 days for that week. That's a total of 70 hours(most hardcore MMO players will totally play more than this). 70x$9.32=$652.4. Theoretically, Dude A missed out on that amount of production just to level to 90. If he invested in this he could save himself $592! Whoa, math is great! What would you choose?
    You did not count the EXPERIENCE you get with that class. It only pays with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    60$ sounds way way way too much, the more realistic price would be around 20$.
    In your opinion, yes. I think expecting it to be 20$ is completely delusional and out of proportion to their other services.

$60 seems fair.

The new feature will be a good time saver for progression guilds, considering they will be quickly able to roll an alt and gear it up for a needed class in raid in practically no time.
    Beta Club. Give no-flying a shot for at least 1 patch, you never know, you might like it.

I paid us$250 for a level 60 character in Vanilla from a friend who quit - I got his box, CD's, serial from him.

I once had 5 WoW accounts running consecutively, so us$60 is not a lot for a one-time boost.

Hell, I make a helluva lot more than that in an hour.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Enter the Wocky: an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    #WOCKSTER Gaming CommunitySteam Games List"

Mine is even worse. My salary, cut down to hours, is $39.23 an hour, which means it costs me $2,746.10 for 7 hours a day, 10 days in a row. I save myself a crapload of money spending that $60 to skip it all!

60 dollars is fair. Also the main reason they are putting this service out there is because if they did not then people would be buying accounts just for the free 90 to transfer it to their main account. The 60 dollars is also a good bit cheaper than buying an account and paying for the transfer. The option being there is just that, an option and affects people who have no intent in using none whilst empowering people with less time and extra money to be able to get to end game / have alts.
    nothing but empty space here bro. move along now.

The Patient
    I've read a few pages and people complaining that this is to much, and RAF is cheaper

19.95+19.95 for mop? that's 40 dollars and it only gets you to what 85? so still have 5 levels to go. which is a few more ours running around.

I actually like this idea, $60 is not bad, I won't be buying it, since I have enough alts, but if I do need to its a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Aullahh View Post
    You did not count the EXPERIENCE you get with that class. It only pays with time.
    If you think leveling a character to 90 one shotting mostly everything gives you real time experience on how to correctly play your class, then i must be missing something.

For that amount, I would rather spend it on outdoor activities, such as downhill ski'ing.

Blizzard must be joking with that price, but then again I will never use those services anyways. I am sure there are plenty of cock$u%^%^s out there willing to spend their hard earned money on wastes like this. I hope those idiots boost 3-4 characters, and spend hundreds of $ so they may feel like proud pixilated heroes. I hope those that do, feel much better about themselves and at the same time come back to MMO forums to brag about their virtual prowess.

To Blizzard all I have to say is...
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by cryptic662 View Post
    You guys can say what you want. I'm buying one as soon as its up. Enjoy your low level dungeons and outlands for the 12th time.
    Ya that doesnt make you cool dude, your edgy, "in your face comment" just makes you sound like a tool. Your promoting pay-to-win, which you need to be eradicated from this genre of game.

In all honesty, peoples snarky comments about how, "Oh atleast my wife wont leave me now because I dont level all dayzzzz!"

Or, "have fun playing low level dungeons again suckers for the 12th time." That one makes particularly no sense because with 12 toons you would already have a max of every character, which means any of the 10th would be novelty for your enjoyment, which would usually mean you enjoy leveling because you wouldnt level someone to end game to play it when you already have one! >.< Morons.

Theres no fucking argument you can use that would justify buying a max character, Blizzards best argument is weak at best, "Oh, we want new players to be able to jump right into the heart of the game." None of us were granted that before so which leads me to believe they are doing it purely for more money. Because their subs arent what they used to be, we all know that. They still make good money but not compared to their 12 million subscribers peak, so this is a good way for them to make some extra cash.

But for someone who has played for 7 years, I find it asinine. It doesnt effect my gameplay, no, unless you consider a ton more incompetent, level granted new players spamming your LFR and LFD effecting it then which yes it will, highly. But it just takes away from the whole experience of the game of getting to know the story a little, see the world, learn your character, get murdered by something WAY stronger then you. See the time they took to build beautiful, large landscapes and zones and dungeons.

I guess thats what an MMORPG is to me, well more or less an RPG, the immersion.