Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Well.. uhm... yes.
    How else can you call them?

In old good days you typed iddqd or sv_cheats 1 to cheat.
    Nowadays you type your credit card number.

But the result is the same - you did not earn what you got in the game, you are not playing it fair, your are a dirty cheater and I don't want to know you!
    Cheating is relative. It's all about what you're bypassing. Bypassing the "skill" required to hit level 90? That's forgivable in my book.

You guys talk as if reaching level 90 is a significant accomplishment. It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by cashcate1 View Post
    60$ is not a high price. Think at the European players ... 60 EUR(82$) or 60 GBP(100$)
    not quite sure what you're saying with these numbers.
    i think you are mistaken with your numbers, the dollar is not more "valuable" than a euro or pound. it would cost 44euros and 36 pounds sterling for the equivalent dollar price of a 90 boost.

so, describe what you're trying to get at with the numbers you posted
    Last edited by lolzsec; 2014-02-18 at 09:37 PM.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a fair price for a luxury service that is not mandatory. I also think Blizzard was trolling us just to see what the reaction would be before they put it up for real.

I also think the price of the boost should depend on what level you are boosting from. If you're boosting a level 50 character then maybe we should only be charged $40. Offer us side options like $10 for each profession you want maxed.

Well.. uhm... yes.
    How else can you call them?

In old good days you typed iddqd or sv_cheats 1 to cheat.
    Nowadays you type your credit card number.

But the result is the same - you did not earn what you got in the game, you are not playing it fair, your are a dirty cheater and I don't want to know you!
    http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...c_Facepalm.png

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-18 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    I could almost buy 18-20 games on a Steam sale with 60 bucks.

Deleted
    too good i have 12 90's :d

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, the point is that I don't see it as 'pay to win' when you are not really getting an advantage.

A mount might save you some gold.
    A helmet might improve your skill because you enjoy your character more.
    A transfer or faction-change can bring you to a better guild.
    A race-change can improve your dps.
    Yet all of these things are NOT 'pay to win' because they give no reasonable advantage.
    Skipping 2 to 89 does not give you a reasonable advantage over other players.
    Again, not sure how you can say gaining 90 levels in a game where a huge part of the actual game is leveling, is not an advantage. I'm not talking about helms or mounts, my main issue with the mounts though is, the ones you earn thru difficult achievements such as the 200 mount one are horrid, but they actually put effort into the ones from the blizz shop, which is pretty disappointing.

Same thing here, I think it's disappointing that the game encourages forking over money for extra advantages. Skipping to 90 gives you a MASSIVE time advantage compared to someone that hits 100 and gets in 4 to 6 extra weeks of something like raiding or conquest point capping. I know your point is, "well leveling is easy".... I think what some of you guys don't realize is I can apply that to gear and simply say "acquiring gear is easy, so they may as well sell that to".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Here is the reason
    making it the price minus the transfer, which isn't required to play the character btw, isn't really what I would call a legitimate reason for putting it at that price point. $40, which is $10 higher than their standard character services seems like the more acceptable price point. To think that they are 'doing you a solid' is not a valid reason to over price something. That's like saying that a department store is selling a $100 pair of jeans because the cost of me buying the fabric not in bulk, plus a machine to make it, plus my man hours would equal $200...so they are totally being reasonable even though it only costs them $1.00 to make each pair.

Like I said it affects me none, so I'm not presenting these ideas as an argument 'against' it. It's just too high of a price and it doesn't make me warm and fuzzy inside like playing their games do.
    BAD WOLF

Dont let them rob you like that.

Manually level a toon from 1-90, that will show em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    And when you find yourself bored with them, and come back to WoW, you will wish you'd spent that money on a character class that you would never want to go through the pain of leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Cheating is relative. It's all about what you're bypassing. Bypassing the "skill" required to hit level 90? That's forgivable in my book.

You guys talk as if reaching level 90 is a significant accomplishment. It's not.
    Acquiring gear is not a significant accomplishment, blizz should sell that too, by your logic. See what I did there?

when do they actually plan on releasing this service?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people's X hours that it takes to get to level 90 is worth more than $60. Even working minimum wage you'd make that in a day's full shift. You certainly wouldn't make it to 90 in that day
    You forgot taxes, any cost of benefits, etc. So no, you wouldn't make it in a day's shift at minimum wage. At least be accurate when you present totally irrelevant metaphors. There is no standardized time you can use when playing video games to gauge accurate pricing. Only relevant prices of related products in the market.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    making it the price minus the transfer, which isn't required to play the character btw, isn't really what I would call a legitimate reason for putting it at that price point. $40, which is $10 higher than their standard character services seems like the more acceptable price point. To think that they are 'doing you a solid' is not a valid reason to over price something. That's like saying that a department store is selling a $100 pair of jeans because the cost of me buying the fabric not in bulk, plus a machine to make it, plus my man hours would equal $200...so they are totally being reasonable even though it only costs them $1.00 to make each pair.
    Customarily, I agree with you on every point you make. On this one it would seem we are to disagree. I understand the "sticker shock", but I am looking at it from another angle.

Suppose, just for a moment, they never sold the boost. How much money would you have to spend to get that 90 to transfer to your account? Someone else broke it down like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Even better version:

Battle Chest - $5 (not counting the free month)
    WoD (digital) - $40
    Cost to Xfer - $25
    (((Free Month - $15)))

Total - $70. Blizzard is giving you a $10 rebate so that they don't have to deal with a shitload of orphaned battle.net accounts.
    In the bigger scheme of things, without the paid service, there would have been a higher cost, and bigger inconvenience to find the same end result. But, I am not out to change your mind about the sticker shock, only to demonstrate there were uglier stickers they could have used.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Acquiring gear is not a significant accomplishment, blizz should sell that too, by your logic. See what I did there?
    Yeah, you used a stupid and untrue statement in a clumsy effort to make a parallel with mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You forgot taxes, any cost of benefits, etc. So no, you wouldn't make it in a day's shift at minimum wage. At least be accurate when you present totally irrelevant metaphors. There is no standardized time you can use when playing video games to gauge accurate pricing. Only relevant prices of related products in the market.
    You can measure the time it takes to make $60 regardless of the factors you mentioned. This is basic math. This is not rocket science or guesswork. And anyone earning a wage is going to take less time to make $60, far less, than it will take them to reach level 90. It's an apples to apples comparison, and your efforts to make it seem otherwise to sound smart are only making you look like a fool.

Ludicrous is about the only word that fits this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So selling gear and skipping levels is the same?
    Yeah, I think I will just stop responding.
    I don't see a level 90-boost as 'pay to win' in an expansion that goes to level 100.

You know what a simple solution to this matter is? Do not buy it!
    Sounds like the "you should quit playing" response is quite popular these days. I don't play anymore lol, but I do come on these forums from time to time. And how can you honestly think hitting 90 is much different from completing a pvp set or a flex raid and getting gear there? Can you honestly say with a straight face that type of stuff is more difficult? That's my whole point, if you justify pay to win for one thing, it can apply to a LOT of other things in the process that you wouldn't want it to.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not.
    But if you knew that blizzard employee gave his friend/his alt an instant boost to lvl90, how would you call him but a cheater?
    Last edited by Fiana; 2014-02-18 at 09:50 PM.

Yeah, you used a stupid and untrue statement in a clumsy effort to make a parallel with mine.
    It appears logic isn't popular on these forums anymore. If you think something like acquiring a set of pvp gear or getting gear from flex is "harder" or more time consuming than leveling from 1 to 90, you must not have played very much.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not.
    But if you knew that blizzard employee gave his friend/his alt an instant boost to lvl90, how would you call him but cheater?
    Basically Magpai's point is, "well if I don't think it's a big deal, pay to win is alright".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Then do so?
    Personally, since I've started playing WoW ~9 years ago, I didn't feel the need to buy more than maybe 4 or 5 other games...including Starcraft and Diablo - so why would I care about how many other games the same amount of money would get me elsewhere?