Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I know, it's just stupid to me how people would pay that much to instant 90 lol, It's pathetic.
    Well, Blizzard knew the demand was there and wanted to make the decision to purchase the service a weighty one. If those players got that kind of cash to sling around, more power to them. Just don't chalk this one up to Blizzard being greedy. If it was greed driven, they'd have made the service cheap and taken advantage of every player's desire to bypass old content. This one's on any and every player that feels that any inconvenience can be resolved with deep enough pockets.
    Last edited by Ronnosh; 2014-02-19 at 05:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

lol from 85, it takes a day or two at most.
    Took me about 20 hours pre-nerf from what I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psiclonus View Post
    You're willing to blow $60 per alt to boost them 5 levels? Man, if I had money to burn like that I wouldn't even be on WOW at all, lol.
    Or maybe that would be all you would do, all day long...
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Leveling your nth character 1-90 is not fun.
    Why do you need n characters, again?

Or to put it differently, if you have n-1 characters, is the nth worth $60?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Took me about 20 hours pre-nerf from what I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe that would be all you would do, all day long...
    I would certainly hope not. I wouldn't get anything of importance done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Dæmion/Tobirama/Ophanim
    Diablo 3 Profile

If I do it in 10 hours with 300% and you do it in 82 hours with 100% both with heirlooms then the culprit can only be "a lot of AFK time" indeed. It is taking you 2,7 times longer than me.
    I am prepared to admit that I am not the fastest leveler to ever grace the game. Plus, less experience means more travel time, depending on the leveling method. With 3x experience, you could probably cover most of the ground by just grinding dungeons. Go through once, finish the quests, hit random, get a new dungeon. Without 3x experience, you're hitting the same dungeons a lot more often, which means a smaller chunk of xp comes from dungeon quests. If we're talking questing, then again, you're getting more xp per quest, vastly reducing your travel time. And, as I said, I stopped grinding levels here and there to focus on herbalism and inscription. Also, I believe I heard that RAF and Heirlooms stack by multiplication, not addition. So while I'm getting 150% (base + 50), you're getting closer to 450% than 350%.

The afk time isn't exactly the "only" culprit.

Raf retired today, there is only 3 days left with Raf.
    You're thinking of SoR.

God bless you SoR. I'll always remember you with my gryphon and wind rider

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Why do you need n characters, again?

Or to put it differently, if you have n-1 characters, is the nth worth $60?
    n+1'th.

Your nth character is free with WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

10 hours with RAF from 1 to 85. Did it a month ago in full heirlooms. That is 1,5 hour a day. With the 85-90 content XP boosted next expac, too. You call that insane? Semi hardcore raiding is 12 hours a week or so. So in one week, during your reroll, you're nearly max level.

Those who don't want to pay should've done RAF and went with quickly leveling up some chars to 85. After all, you can get them to 90 next expansion very quickly.
    It's a TOTALLY different matter with RAF. Not what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseol View Post
    They mean 3 days of /played. Literally, 72 hours of play time.
    I'm 85 now, and I have 3 days, 10 hours of play time. That includes a lot of AFK time, herbalism farming time, and auction house time.

Edit: Though this was with an alt with mostly full heirlooms.
    But what's the real world time, ie difference between date toon was created and today?

lol from 85, it takes a day or two at most.
    Again, played time or real time?

IIRC it's about 5-10 dungeons per level (depending on whether you run out of quests or not), dunno about you but I can't sit down and do 25-50 dungeons back to back in a few days without wanting to dash my brains out on a wall. Hell 85-90 takes me weeks even if I don't lose the will to live altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But what's the real world time, ie difference between date toon was created and today?
    About two and a half weeks real time. But my post was just clarifying what some of the other posters were saying.
    Some people could power-level the same amount of in-game time in a shorter amount of real-world time. I am not those people.

Also, I can't dungeon grind through mists. Can't do it. I'll do a random dungeon here or there, and I'll do all the dungeon quests, but unless I get a marvelous tank that chain-pulls relentlessly, I just feel every little delay, every skippable mob gone un-skipped, just melting my day away. It MIGHT be more time-efficient than questing, but it's not more sanity-efficient between AFKs and DCs and slow tanks.
    Last edited by Tseol; 2014-02-19 at 07:23 AM.

With WoD Pre purchase or w/e you'll get a free instant 90 anyways. You lvled 9 already how is one more gonna hurt you?
    Lol to be honest, lately I've been having dreams about playing on this Shaman. And it's not really a huge deal, I just don't want to wait.

I just can't stand Pandaria, and for whatever reason leveling a Shaman is just awful for me, slow and boring. If I have to kill 1 more ookin Hozen I'm going to go bananas.
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

i cant wait to buy myself a nice little tank & head straight into LFR for an epic wipefest lol

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i cant wait to buy myself a nice little tank & head straight into LFR for an epic wipefest lol
    Because rushing through a lot of low level dungeons with a ton of heirlooms taught people how to play their class properly, right? Right?
    Last edited by Pendra; 2014-02-19 at 09:19 AM.

With heirlooms i takes around 2 days of playime from 1-90 with no elixrs and without getting bosted/raf. Some of you are making this a bgger deal than what it is, leveling aint the same as it was back in vanilla yo.

Sadly with the boost Blizzard basically admits that the 1-90 content is junk, and that they won't need to bother updating it anymore. I actually love doing quests and leveling in WoW, has always been my favorite thing to do, so I also loved the 1-60 revamp in Cata. Many people hated it and just wanted more end game, but for me it was a nice opportunity to spend more time with alts, trying out races and classes I've never played before. Oh well, guess sacrificing a sense of accomplishment is worth the extra $$ for a company thats already using dollar bills as toilet paper...

Let's just hope this doesn't translate to 60 euro's. That would be absolutely ridiculous. cause 60 euro roughly is 80 usd.

Time is money. 60 dollars is a fair and cheap price. I would buy it if I wanted to play a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by fupr View Post
    Time is money. 60 dollars is a fair and cheap price. I would buy it if I wanted to play a new class.
    And people like you are why the game is dead. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by jessy100 View Post
    Let's just hope this doesn't translate to 60 euro's. That would be absolutely ridiculous. cause 60 euro roughly is 80 usd.
    Since the mounts also cost 20€, I definitely wouldn't rule it out. Guess we'll have to wait.

I still don't see the point of paying for a game and then paying again for not playing a rather substantial part of said game. o_O

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sadly with the boost Blizzard basically admits that the 1-90 content is junk
    No they admit that not everyone likes to level and some would pay to skip that part.
    Last edited by Raven; 2014-02-19 at 12:52 PM.

It really is found money for blizz and tbh they could charge more and the saps would snap it up

Grunt
    I suspect the pricing is supposed to be around the same or just a bit higher than server transfer and faction change together. It would be a bit silly if it was cheaper just to boost a new character rather than server/faction change to a new place.